What's new

Is it advisable to pursue a higher education while managing a business?

Getting a degree is very important to your business if you are a business owner. Meanwhile, this process isn't important but it will give you upper edge to position yourself and Business in a more organized way to that the business will boom and you will be far ahead of your competitors in your sector or department.

I know most of your answers to the question is yes, but here is the whole story. A close pal of mine just started an electronic retail business. He sells all sorts of electrical materials and appliances. The business is moving well since he has little competition in the area But he wants to go to university, and he has not found a trustworthy person that can help him manage his business. The ones he sees are either not capable or wants to steal his money. Do you think it is the right time for him to pursue higher education?
It's advisable if the person is that smart. You can manage a business and still go to any length to study more. If you can be successful at handling a business, you can be successful in pursuing your educational career as well.

First off, it depends on the kind of business and second it depends on the person who will manage the business. With a retailing business it can be entrusted to a manager if the accounting system is good - all transactions are recorded. But if the manager would not record a sale then how would you know? Maybe he should device a way to have a complete monitoring of the incoming and outgoing funds so that stealing can be prevented.

I know most of your answers to the question is yes, but here is the whole story. A close pal of mine just started an electronic retail business. He sells all sorts of electrical materials and appliances. The business is moving well since he has little competition in the area But he wants to go to university, and he has not found a trustworthy person that can help him manage his business. The ones he sees are either not capable or wants to steal his money. Do you think it is the right time for him to pursue higher education?
In this case I am not sure that it is advisable to do so until he has found someone that can manage his business and balancing the two simultaneously can be rather stressful to a very difficult to manage and the one of the two may see the effects of this and suffer as a result. I think that if there is a part-time course that he can do then it may be an option in the meantime however until he finds someone it may be best to wait it out.

Definitely, the fact is to be able to manage a successful business , you need some level of education to help dealing with customers, make decisions and some other things, so I will say yes

That is the best way to grow your new business as a novice, while you are managing and generating money from your business, go for higher education to add to your knowledge and skills and make your business grow, if you are affected by time factors you can take up online classes or part time classes.

This is a delicate situation to be honest with you. Getting a capable hand that will manage the business is something that is not easy to come by, and for that reason, I will suggest that he holds on for a while and keep looking for who he can trust to manage the business. It is not going to happen overnight, but it is something that will certainly happen.

Well truly I would have said yes but gter reading your story my answer is no. He should first try to look for a mange for the business before leaving go toschool. The money should keep coming in while he is away good luck

Yes it is advisable to pursue a higher education while taking care of a business, you can run a part-time school or open distance learning or better still an online school while managing your business.

If you are able to do that and scale through, it will help u to grow your business, because u now have more knowledge.

Yes it is advisable to start a business while you are still in the school. That is how some of the famous billionaire started their business. Bill Gate started Microsoft in his first year in school and later drop out to grow the business globally. The same goes for Jeff Bezos he started Amazon At his dormitory. Mark also start Facebook while he was still undergraduate. Once your business is established before you graduate, you do need to look for job after you have finished school.

That is the best way to grow your new business as a novice, while you are managing and generating money from your business, go for higher education to add to your knowledge and skills and make your business grow, if you are affected by time factors you can take up online classes or part time classes.
Actually he wants to go to university to study business management. We all know how uni studies can be exhausting and time consuming. So I think he should continue with his business until he sees someone that can help him manage it, then he can put in for school.
Post automatically merged:

Definitely, the fact is to be able to manage a successful business , you need some level of education to help dealing with customers, make decisions and some other things, so I will say yes
Yeah it is the best option, to have a business and a degree. But the challenge is leaving the business in the wrong hands. Any mismanagement and he can kiss his business goodbye. That is why he is finding someone that is up to the task.

To run and manage a business with schooling is possible, but I think managing a business is more demanding and this might likely affect the academics, I would suggest he or she get an appoint someone to assist in the managerial duty while he comes to supervise so to the academics wouldn't suffer for it

There is nothing bad in acquiring more knowledge, pusuring higher education while managing a business will result into perfect management of the business because the knowledge acquired will be well utilized in the business and will also result in advancement of the business.

This is a delicate situation to be honest with you. Getting a capable hand that will manage the business is something that is not easy to come by, and for that reason, I will suggest that he holds on for a while and keep looking for who he can trust to manage the business. It is not going to happen overnight, but it is something that will certainly happen.
I am with you on this. Having a business now is no small thing. So if you are able to start one you must do your best to keep making it grow and function. Even if it means letting go of studying for a while.

No doubt higher education is helpful in his business after completing education. But the problem of business is also serious, he must keep his brother or a close relative in which he has complete trust then he may go. The best solution is to take inventory before going and also take inventory and sale position on daily basis by his employee. After every month he must check all the things and Tele with his accounts.

I don't think so that a business require higher education or even education. But you should have strong mind and temperament.. You should also familiar to How know of business. So by this you can set your business. So it's not needy to have higher education for business. Some of you may contrast my views but its my personal opinion.

As for me , I will advise him instead of going for his higher studies in the university ,where he will be very much occupied , he should try to do it in a part time school where he will be opportune to manage his business and still take care of his studies.

I can't say anything , but i am pretty happy to see the interest of the person in education and business because most of the people don't have interest in education they completely put their focus in business side so i am glad to see the person interest. I think he should find the trusted and well manner person from the good family to hold your business in your absence.

I know most of your answers to the question is yes, but here is the whole story. A close pal of mine just started an electronic retail business. He sells all sorts of electrical materials and appliances. The business is moving well since he has little competition in the area But he wants to go to university, and he has not found a trustworthy person that can help him manage his business.

Having difficulty getting a trustworthy person to work for you should not be a discouraging factor to change your good plan.

It is advisable to pursue higher education while managing your business.
This is exactly what I am planning to do sooner than later.

Newest Directory Listings

WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back