What's new

Is it advisable to pursue a higher education while managing a business?

I know most of your answers to the question is yes, but here is the whole story. A close pal of mine just started an electronic retail business. He sells all sorts of electrical materials and appliances. The business is moving well since he has little competition in the area But he wants to go to university, and he has not found a trustworthy person that can help him manage his business. The ones he sees are either not capable or wants to steal his money. Do you think it is the right time for him to pursue higher education?
Well,according to his story it is not the right time for him to go to college .
It is worth waiting till he finds someone that he can trust with his business and leave to run it.

If he can find someone trustworthy to manage the business then it's advisable he go back to school... But if he can not then let him choose school close to his shop and run a part-time program.... All issues solved

That is the best way to grow your new business as a novice, while you are managing and generating money from your business, go for higher education to add to your knowledge and skills and make your business grow, if you are affected by time factors you can take up online classes or part time classes.
You are 100% correct, you need some new ideas and innovation to grow up your business, get more knowledge, enroll in classes and professional courses that will improve you, you wouldn't want to continue to use the same old pattern, you must then brush up your skills and ideas

I think there’s nothing wrong with managing a business while still being in school, but it will require extra effort on your part as regards your academics. You would have to be on your toes to fulfill your obligations on both parts.

The problem is, even though he continues with the business for the next ten years, he is never going to stop. It's indeed a very critical decision. I advise that he continues his search for a trustworthy person so that he can go to school and get a certificate.

Running a small business in college can be difficult, but it's definitely possible. As you consider what you might need to balance, make sure to have a plan for how you're going to afford your business along with all of your other expenses
Post automatically merged:

Running a small business in college can be difficult, but it's definitely possible. As you consider what you might need to balance, make sure to have a plan for how you're going to afford your business along with all of your other expenses

My personal advise would be that, he should give his business the necessary push for a year or two and he should to use that period to try and stabilize the business by getting competent hands to assist him, only then should he decide to pursue a higher degree but on part time.

Of course, he can still go to the university. He can not look for a trustworthy person to look after his business for eternity. He can even enrol for online class where he would not have to leave his business to achieve the university education.

It is very advisable to pursue a higher education while managing a Business, let me an instance of myself.
I lost my dad before I graduated from Secondary school at the age of 16, since that time I went ahead to learn Graphics Designing and Painting Job, and I later gain admission, so I searched for opportunity to continue the Graphics Business in school but I didn't have the necessary tools like Printers, Systems both Laptop and Desktop.
But instead I'm painting for my fellow course mates to feed and pay some fees.

It is very advisable to pursue a higher education while managing a Business, let me an instance of myself.
I lost my dad before I graduated from Secondary school at the age of 16, since that time I went ahead to learn Graphics Designing and Painting Job, and I later gain admission, so I searched for opportunity to continue the Graphics Business in school but I didn't have the necessary tools like Printers, Systems both Laptop and Desktop.
But instead I'm painting for my fellow course mates to feed and pay some fees.

It is very much advisable to pursue your education course and managing a business at same time, as this would give you an added advantage, most especially if what you are studying is related to the kind of business you are into

If your friend's business is booming. Your friend must look for some options or schedules, that help him not to postpone his university studies. You can adjust the hours and days in the company, with online or offline classes, in such a way that you do not leave the business in unreliable hands and you can follow their university activities.
Nice suggestion @Sariana23, one doesn't doesn't need to drop down his or her business course based on university studies. He or she can still achieve both degree and business success if well planned. Just as you said, by attending online class, applying for a university that adopts online learning. That will give him or she some time to negotiate business too.

I know most of your answers to the question is yes, but here is the whole story. A close pal of mine just started an electronic retail business. He sells all sorts of electrical materials and appliances. The business is moving well since he has little competition in the area But he wants to go to university, and he has not found a trustworthy person that can help him manage his business. The ones he sees are either not capable or wants to steal his money. Do you think it is the right time for him to pursue higher education?
Hmm🥵

The ability to combine business and education lies in the kind of business and education involved, since your pal is doing electronic retail business, it requires his/her attention to grow the business, but if his/her school is located close to his business area, he/she can employ a sales person and come in at the end of each day to access business activities.

Better still he/she can do part time or online education and run the business at the same time.

one of the successful key goals in this life is multi-tasking and this is done by humans.yes it is advisable to manage a business while pursing a higher education as long as the person is responsible, consistent and know what it takes to combine tasks

It is possible but the education will have to be on part-time basis because for the business to maintained its foothold the manager or operator need to be on ground to monitor it and ensure it does not detail from expected aim and targets.

Well, not a good idea. Truly students in higher institutions find it harder to run a business but the best solution is to find a balance between the two if possible.

If that isn't possible, then he should just choose the outcome that seems more positive to his future whether its business or education. Some businesses are just not enough to keep your financially stable in the future, but if the business is very successful then its advisable that he shouldn't abandon it.

The ability to combine business and education lies in the kind of business and education involved, since your pal is doing electronic retail business, it requires his/her attention to grow the business, but if his/her school is located close to his business area, he/she can employ a sales person and come in at the end of each day to access business activities.

Better still he/she can do part time or online education and run the business at the same time.
Yes, but employing sales person is the problem. He can't seem to find the right person. The ones he is finding, after some time their motives are exposed. Some are after his money while others are just incompetent.

It is possible but the education will have to be on part-time basis because for the business to maintained its foothold the manager or operator need to be on ground to monitor it and ensure it does not detail from expected aim and targets.
Yeah I told him, but he is interested in full time. I think he has no choice than to go for the part time program. Full time can take his attention away from his business which is very dangerous. He needs to be actively involved in it

one of the successful key goals in this life is multi-tasking and this is done by humans.yes it is advisable to manage a business while pursing a higher education as long as the person is responsible, consistent and know what it takes to combine tasks

It is very much advisable to pursue your education course and managing a business at same time, as this would give you an added advantage, most especially if what you are studying is related to the kind of business you are into
Yes, he wants to study business administration. He wants to have a degree in the business line. But then this course in the university is available full time and this can put his business in danger. He needs to be checking in all the time, but a full-time course will limit that.

Last edited:
It is good to pursue a degree in higher education while you’re still in business but what I will say is that your friend should find a trustworthy person who will take the handling of the business as his own and not joke with it.

Nice suggestion @Sariana23, one doesn't doesn't need to drop down his or her business course based on university studies. He or she can still achieve both degree and business success if well planned. Just as you said, by attending online class, applying for a university that adopts online learning. That will give him or she some time to negotiate business too.
Exactly @Sincerem, although many think that university studies are not essential to achieve success, that in a way they are right. I think that if the person likes it, and it is in her plans to continue her studies, she should not stop them for a business, everything is part of good planning.

Exactly @Sincerem, although many think that university studies are not essential to achieve success, that in a way they are right. I think that if the person likes it, and it is in her plans to continue her studies, she should not stop them for a business, everything is part of good planning.
Yeah, everything works perfectly through adequate planning. One can still handle both education and business at the same time. I don't see any harm in doing business and studying at same time. Cos money is needed in life, we use money to go to school.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back