What's new

Is a domain's worth also based on its age?

Personally if I happen to be in a situation whereby I have to choose between a domain that is old and a dormant that is young I believe if the domain that is old have everything that I need I'm definitely going to choose it.

I hear that if you build your website on aged domain, you have a better chance of ranking on search engine. However, I also hear that age is not the only thing to consider while buying domain

I don't honk a domain worth has anything to do with it's or anything of the sort. So many domains out there with age on their side and still worth nothing. What the domain stands for is what matters not age

For the fact that domain is actually makes it a very good option for some people who actually look up to domain of such a year before they will be able to make purchases or work with it.

a domain name age dosent have any thing to do with its value. A domain name of a month might worth more than a domain name of a year. it only depends on the popularity of the domain name

People buy domain name for different purposes. There are some people buy a domain a huge price because of the high metric on those domain names.

There are so many domain names that do not amount to anything despite the fact that they are old. The quality of a name and its keyword matter the most

Yes i think so because the more your domain is old the more authority the domain will have on different search engine so this will make it have more traffic

Well in a general sense it's believed that a domain that is older is supposed to be of more value compared to a new domain which in most cases will definitely not be worth the experience that it should cost less.

Only in rare situations that we get to see some old domains sell big because they have enough Google search and are of good quality.

Seriously, as far as I'm concerned, when it comes to old domain, it's something that's worth more than it's initial value because it's on top of Google ranking.

Seriously, as far as I'm concerned, when it comes to old domain, it's something that's worth more than it's initial value because it's on top of Google ranking.
Is it that any old domain usually rank high on Google or there are other factors that tend to determine which websites rank higher on Google?

Is it that any old domain usually rank high on Google or there are other factors that tend to determine which websites rank higher on Google?

Seriously, it's more or less like it's got more chances to rank higher on Google because of the work that's been going on in it for long unlike the newly set up domain.

For some domains I think their worth will also depend on their age too for those domains that are actually of high value and has been around for a long time too. Their age matters

I don't think so, rather the website domain do increase in price based on some fact that the domain name is relevant and well demanded.

Domain worth is based on the domain name (shorter the name higher is the value), keywords in the name (popular keywords in the name make sit more valuable, and also age.

Yeah it does matter but that's not all that's necessary when determing worth but it would definitely have some sort of effect too, there are quite a number of factors to look at and consider

The age of the domain could be related to the true value. This is because it could have accumulated huge traffic over time. The value of domain is truely measured by the value it adds to the visitors. This could be achieved by when the domain has creative content that could turn visiting clients to paying customers. This is my take on the said topic.

Yes. People pay more for a domain that have stayed longer than expected than they will pay for a domain that's just gotten afresh.

Domain age adds value although this is not the only key determinant factor. Extension, domain authority, keywords and high traffic are also enhancers to selling a domain at a higher value.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back