What's new

Is a domain's worth also based on its age?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
Does a domain increase in worth if it's older? I am just mostly curious about this, as I was told from a techy friend, that he buys up old dormant domains, and sells them for a profit. I don't know if it was true. Anyway, I feel like the older a domain is, the more worth is around it. Or does it even matter?

I can't see it makes different in value but yes it increase bit value but putting good content makes it more valuable when you selling them after few years of work.

Domain age matters. However, age is not the only price determining factor for a domain. Things like backlinks to the domain, domain authority, keyword, domain name etc. are involved in determining the price.

The value of domain lies on various factors such as the name, keyword, extension, as well as age. Aged domains are considered valuable in terms of SEO perspective. Aged domains also have traffic and backlinks

An old domain is only profitable if it has a good keyword that would interest another person who wants to start a website in that niche.

Age is one of the significant factors in determining the worth of a domain name. Many old domains with quality back links are sold for thousands of dollars. What determines the worth of a domain includes among other, age, back link, traffic generated and the length.

Age shouldn't really be a factor in a domains price because if that domain expires and goes into general availability again it'll technically get reset anyway. What should get factored in is the length (shorter the better), the TLD used (.com or .net etc) and if there is a popular website attached to it.

So in my opinion, age doesn't make a difference in price to me.

I think the age of the domain affects the value because usually an older domain has more contents although it is not always the case. With the SEO maybe the age also has a value because I had read about it in one SEO forum. However, there was no confirmation about this. Anyway, for me, the age of the domain matters in terms of endurance since it has been in the internet for a longer time.

The old domains sometimes were dropped by business owners who couldn't sustain themselves, so they could come back to buy them again from you. This gives you good profits.

The old domains sometimes were dropped by business owners who couldn't sustain themselves, so they could come back to buy them again from you. This gives you good profits.
If you're into domain business you will realize that age also speaks volume in the value of a domain name. Using the way back machine to check the age of a domain name, you will see some of the past activities that the domain has been used for.

If you're into domain business you will realize that age also speaks volume in the value of a domain name. Using the way back machine to check the age of a domain name, you will see some of the past activities that the domain has been used for.
Sure, this idea about checking the history of what the domain was previously used for is very good. It also helps you not to buy some domains that were probably blacklisted by Google AdSense.

In as much as the age of a domain can contribute to the worth of that domain, I would say that the age of the domain is not the primary indication of the worth of the domain instead the worth of a domain depends mostly on the keyword of that domain and if it's a brandable domain or not.

The age of the domain may make sense on value more so if that domain has got a lot of good contents in it on the past. That's when the age has value

Domain length also determines the value of a domain. A one word domain will have higher value compared to two or three words domains. Keyword domains have more value/

The value of a domain is not based on each page but how brandable it is. a domain that is very brandable and can be used by companies is very expensive.

Well I don't really know if I would say that age of domain what is determined by its age but if it's a situation whereby you have very good content on your domain then I believe that it comes in handy when it also has a good age to back it up

I think there are a lot of factors involved when it comes to determine the value, age is one of them, others are domain length, keywords etc. I think extension also adds value

Well if the age of the domain goes very well with what your domain can prove to be worth on it real statistics, then it means that the age also adds a very good value to it.

Well I think there are a lot factors involved when it come to old domain because it goes well people make money from the age domain.

Actually it should definitely be based on it age that's what will matter most after all buying a domain is for continuing it uses so an old one will be the best with lot of experiences and trust.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back