What's new

Instead of giving money to beggars, do this instead!

Beggar they say can't be a chooser but in my home country the reverse is the case.I have seen a beggar who rejected money because it's a smaller note. Many of these people (beggar) are too lazy ,hence I seldom give them money.
Haha, refusing the money because it is a small note. That is really being choosy and they are not supposed to be. Anyway, I wish such people could consider hawking some sweet in the streets or just entertaining people through songs so as to earn the money.

I prefer to buy something if they are hungry, or give them some clothes. I refuse to give money to beggars, as I have found that the vast majority in my area use it for other purposes and to support their vices.
I do understand your point and opinion that most beggars have turned begging into a job where they collect money to satisfy some unnecessary needs so instead of wasting money on them , its better justbto buy food and clothing for them.

In my country there are usually elderly people and children who go about the streets everyday of their lives begging for money and I feel they don't want to go and work because they always get from people. I believe giving beggars Money is more like encouraging to continue begging, instead of giving them money, try and buy from those children Hawking goods and then leave your balance with them.

At least you are encouraging them to continue working hard for their money, not that you continue giving beggars money.
I also think it is much better to give these people items instead of giving them money because the money can be used for stop that do not better their living situation. For example certain people take money and rather use it to buy alcohol has opposed to buy more food.

I do understand your point and opinion that most beggars have turned begging into a job where they collect money to satisfy some unnecessary needs so instead of wasting money on them , its better justbto buy food and clothing for them.
You have understood me perfectly, since when receiving cash it is usually for vices and not to cover real needs. It is better to take them and see that they are fed, because in some cases you give them food and later they sell it to get the cash.

Money might not be enough or will I say good for an handicap
I think when you. Buy things for him or her eg
clothes
Food stuff etc it might be better

Money might not be enough or will I say good for an handicap
I think when you. Buy things for him or her eg
clothes
Food stuff etc it might be better
I understand your point of view, when referring to people with disabilities. It is better to offer them support in food and clothing, and if possible, provide assistance through the government, for people in such circumstances.

See previously i used to have one sort of conscience or feeling whenever a begger should beg me on the road and due to that on many occasions, i have had to get myself stranded because i was trying to help till i saw one do me something that hurt me and since then if my instincts or spirit does not say give.... i will look at you and walk away oh

This is something that I have resolved to start practicing. If you see the beggars that are in my street a lot them are actually strong to go to some work

I also think it is much better to give these people items instead of giving them money because the money can be used for stop that do not better their living situation. For example certain people take money and rather use it to buy alcohol has opposed to buy more food.
Sure, we have a lot of such individuals in my country and I usually feel bad that they never pity themselves to come up with a better way of utilizing money.

Encouraging them is a nice idea, I think if it is possible you really need to do those two things at once because both of them will never be eradicated, they will always be beggers and there will always be street sellers.

Encouraging them is a nice idea, I think if it is possible you really need to do those two things at once because both of them will never be eradicated, they will always be beggers and there will always be street sellers.
The government department that is tasked to handle the street beggars said that beggars are choosy with the offered jobs. It seems that beggars are enjoying their trade so they prefer to beg instead of getting a job. Worse for us, there are now many street children who are also begging as a means of livelihood.

I cannot stand to see someone who is a cripple begging and not want to help him or her. I will always give to begers I see and feel moved to help whenever I can

Is it up giving beggars money and you try to empower the beggers because they say it is better to show one how to fish than give him fish
The problem is that some of them are not really ready to work because they make a lot of money from begging on a daily basis even better than what some people who are hardworking makes daily.

There nothing really bad in giving beggars money. You are actually helping them one way or the other from becoming harm to the society.

Begging is something that should be discouraged because it does a lot of things to people's mentality. It is better to gainfully empower people.

In my country there are usually elderly people and children who go about the streets everyday of their lives begging for money and I feel they don't want to go and work because they always get from people. I believe giving beggars Money is more like encouraging to continue begging, instead of giving them money, try and buy from those children Hawking goods and then leave your balance with them.

At least you are encouraging them to continue working hard for their money, not that you continue giving beggars money.

Seriously, it's a very good point because it's definitely going to help them in the long run but the problem is that most of them don't really want to stop begging.

Well as for me I do give burgers some money if it happens that I have extra with me. I think I will also do the same thing by buying things from children walking around the street and leave the change with them.

Well as for me I do give burgers some money if it happens that I have extra with me. I think I will also do the same thing by buying things from children walking around the street and leave the change with them.
That would make much sense as this means you are going to show care to two different set of Individuals, depending on how much you have.

That's a really nice strategy my friend. But in some part of the world, this gesture will be misjudged as something fishy.

empowering someone who doesn't know how to implement what he/ she was empowered with is sometimes like a waste of time except few of them who really wanna make life better for themselves

Newest Directory Listings

smmgoal
Forums
Clicks
Views
Esimbuy.org is an innovative online platform that specializes in e-SIM products and services. As e-SIM technology continues to gain popularity for its flexibility and convenience, Esimbuy.org provides users with easy access to this modern solution
Nebulous
Forums
Clicks
Views
Off Topix is the best general discussion community around!
Back