What's new

Instead of giving money to beggars, do this instead!

Bookwormlux

Ledgendary Member
5000+ Posts Club
Nov 10, 2020
USD
$4.0000USD
Biznotes
In my country there are usually elderly people and children who go about the streets everyday of their lives begging for money and I feel they don't want to go and work because they always get from people. I believe giving beggars Money is more like encouraging to continue begging, instead of giving them money, try and buy from those children Hawking goods and then leave your balance with them.

At least you are encouraging them to continue working hard for their money, not that you continue giving beggars money.

In my country there are usually elderly people and children who go about the streets everyday of their lives begging for money and I feel they don't want to go and work because they always get from people. I believe giving beggars Money is more like encouraging to continue begging, instead of giving them money, try and buy from those children Hawking goods and then leave your balance with them.

At least you are encouraging them to continue working hard for their money, not that you continue giving beggars money.
I think beggars are everywhere, personally I don't give money to beggars, neither children nor adults. In the case of children, I usually buy them bread, juice or ice cream and sit with them and let them eat it. I agree with you, as long as they receive money they will see life easy and will not worry about making money by working.

Well I'm indifferent to them, if they don't feel uncomfortable begging it's none of my business. I give them what I can afford to and move on.

There are beggars everywhere and you have a good point , but what about those that any worm among the beggers, some are really blind, some are physically challenged while most of the rest are lazy like you said, I think helping the physically challenged among them is still ok, while also buying goods from those that hawk to encourage them is the best idea.

I think beggars are everywhere, personally I don't give money to beggars, neither children nor adults. In the case of children, I usually buy them bread, juice or ice cream and sit with them and let them eat it. I agree with you, as long as they receive money they will see life easy and will not worry about making money by working.
Laughs, i was thinking begging only exist more here in my country. I never knew is everywhere on earth. Sometimes i do fall for their traps by given money to the little beggars. But i don't do it often, i try to be stingy sometimes too. Cos the avenue to make money isn't easy at all, so given it out unnecessarily makes no sense. @Bookwormlux, made an interesting point to follow, instead of encouraging beggars it is better to encourage those hawking to make ends meet.

Laughs, i was thinking begging only exist more here in my country. I never knew is everywhere on earth. Sometimes i do fall for their traps by given money to the little beggars. But i don't do it often, i try to be stingy sometimes too. Cos the avenue to make money isn't easy at all, so given it out unnecessarily makes no sense. @Bookwormlux, made an interesting point to follow, instead of encouraging beggars it is better to encourage those hawking to make ends meet.
I think this situation is worldwide. I used to give them money until I saw how the boy went and gave the money to an older person, who sent him to continue asking people. That's why I don't do it anymore!

I think this situation is worldwide. I used to give them money until I saw how the boy went and gave the money to an older person, who sent him to continue asking people. That's why I don't do it anymore!
Laughs, begging strategy is almost same worldwide. Exactly what you encountered is what trending in my country

Laughs, begging strategy is almost same worldwide. Exactly what you encountered is what trending in my country
Okay, so I think they keep going day in and day out, because they get what they want. If it is stopped at the root and we go into consciousness I think this can be minimized. It is sad and at the same time unpleasant to find people in the street with this situation.

It is actually a good strategy used to keep the children off the street,but whichever way you looked at it,you cannot eradicate the poor or those who beg.Even the scripture said it'the poor you will always have among you.But there are some persons who has this as theri specialty to look after the destitute and the poor.but your method is ok.

Okay, so I think they keep going day in and day out, because they get what they want. If it is stopped at the root and we go into consciousness I think this can be minimized. It is sad and at the same time unpleasant to find people in the street with this situation.
It is sad one indeed. I pity them, but that doesn't mean I'll be given them money all the time. I won't be supporting their ministry, they are fit enough to carter for their needs.

There are beggars everywhere and you have a good point , but what about those that any worm among the beggers, some are really blind, some are physically challenged while most of the rest are lazy like you said, I think helping the physically challenged among them is still ok, while also buying goods from those that hawk to encourage them is the best idea.
This is very important, do not confuse people who are really in need with people who are looking to take advantage of the situation, I applaud this writing. "I think helping the physically handicapped among them. is still okay, while also buying products from those who tout to encourage them is the best idea."

The thread is well sourced and interactive one indeed. Its better you help the handicap one among them. But its not encouraging to help those who are physical fit to care for themselves.

Those who are looking for easy money through begging will never change. I know a beggar who begs all day long and in the evening drinks beer and whole chicken roast.

Those who are looking for easy money through begging will never change. I know a beggar who begs all day long and in the evening drinks beer and whole chicken roast.
What you describe is something I have seen a lot in my country. They even give to other people close to them, with what they collect from begging. Personally, after seeing so much fraud in them, I stopped giving some of the cash.

Laughs, its the same everywhere in the world , they (beggars) now have association in which some people have turned it into a business by employing beggars and sending them to beg in the street.

Laughs, its the same everywhere in the world , they (beggars) now have association in which some people have turned it into a business by employing beggars and sending them to beg in the street.
This is something I have also seen in my country. They hire mothers or children to beg in the streets, then they get together and give away all the benefits, of people who yield to their heart. Once I saw how a well dressed person received a lot of money from a child beggar. I do not support such criminal activities.

Well said I get your point and it's a good one no doubt, I particularly like the part of leaving your change with young hawkers as a way of motivating them that hard work pays

I don't really support those who are engaged in street begging because majority of them have turned it to their profession. I heard of a particular better in my street who already built a house and bought like 5 motorcycle for people to do transportation business for him and yet he still continue with the begging.

I never give to beggars because the alms they get is an encouragement. With street hawkers I also do not buy because it is an encouragement as well. Vending in the street exposes them to accidents. The government should not allow them in the street to do business. But that is common here.

I don't really support those who are engaged in street begging because majority of them have turned it to their profession. I heard of a particular better in my street who already built a house and bought like 5 motorcycle for people to do transportation business for him and yet he still continue with the begging.
Something similar happened with a beggar I knew, who sat at the entrance of a chapel asking for money from the parishioners. On one occasion I saw him arrive in a limousine, I learned that he had service and several properties, thanks to the alms.

Newest Directory Listings

WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back