What's new

How to Handle Clients that Refuse to pay?

When one encounters such annoying situation I think the best way is to handle is calmly to avoid issues the person is still your customer no matter what

Well I don't know much about writing jobs but if you are into other freelancing services like graphics designing, you can place some stuff on your work while presenting it to the client for the first time. If he likes it and pays for it then you can go ahead and remove the tag. You can see this when purchasing photos from istock it maybe Shutterstock

In my country it easily happens, but usually they have excusable reasons: they lost their job after the contracted service, they have fallen sick and have spent all they had into medicines, doctors and treatments or they became indebted because their business failed in their turn. In such cases there is not much to do: we can only rekindle the service when they pay off their debts and finally pay our previous services.

When they refuse to pay you really have to ask them the reason why they are doing that from there you can know if they are not satisfied with the product or the services you are offering to them , if there is no tangible reason for that then obviously they have to pay even if it has to involve the police

These are the ways of handling the client who refuses to pay:· 1. Call daily · 2. Offer options · 3. Reach out legally · 4. Find out if it's worth it · 5. Exhaust all other
Please do throw more light on the fourth point, what do you mean by if it's worth it? Does this have to do with if the amount owed by the customer is big enough to go through stress for you to get it back?

Things gets ugly and frustrating, when you don't receive payment after a service. I was told of a writer who finished his work beautifully and delivered it to the client on time, but what did this writer get in return? No pay. He kept on disturbing the client for donkey years to no avail. Hence, if you were that writer how would you get your payment?

what you can do is report it to the respective site (if it is online) with evidence of course and maybe something will be done. if not, I don't think much can be done (like with the police, in court, etc.) and in the end you will have to get over the idea that you have been fooled. :) Bad world..

Things gets ugly and frustrating, when you don't receive payment after a service. I was told of a writer who finished his work beautifully and delivered it to the client on time, but what did this writer get in return? No pay. He kept on disturbing the client for donkey years to no avail. Hence, if you were that writer how would you get your payment?
It is even easier to deal with such people when it is an offline business, you can easily get to them.
But when it comes to an online case, it is more difficult to get them to pay up. Most people owe debts for years.
I always ensure my customers pay before getting a product, or commit a huge percentage of the cost.

I would get the police to arrest such client. I have encountered a client like that once, he kept on postponing the date he was going to repay me until it got on my nerves. I had to involve the police.

Keep in touch with the debtors, and swore never to render any service or hire any equipment or sell any item on credit.
Don't rush, d universe will provide what will be sufficient for u
Are you saying the business owner should forgo the money owed to him by the customer? Or should he take necessary step to try to get the money back like arresting such person

That's why I ensure that I work on platforms that have escrow services or operate in that format - this ensures that freelancers get paid immediately they've delivered on the terms of agreement.
Though some clients can be so cunny and in such cases, just let them be.

You must work with platform that served as an escrow. I know 95 percent of freelance platform will always serve as a middleman. If this will not work then when people needs your service, you must first of all receive payments before delivering of the agreed jobs.

The best way you have to handle them is just to report them. If they refuse to pay that means they are not paying , you have to report the account . The management team will decide what to do.

You must work with platform that served as an escrow. I know 95 percent of freelance platform will always serve as a middleman. If this will not work then when people needs your service, you must first of all receive payments before delivering of the agreed jobs.
I think every aspect to busunes has their positive and negative towards payment , some that prefer paying before working might also not decided to work after getting the money.

I think every aspect to busunes has their positive and negative towards payment , some that prefer paying before working might also not decided to work after getting the money.
Yes that's another important thing about most freelance platform , well I believe that all Freelance platform will always request that a buyer has to pay first before the seller start doing his or her responsibility.

There is no better ways in handling such customers. Even as at that moment they are no longer my customers. Because they don't mean well for your business to grow.
One of the things that a business owner should understand is that in business you will always get some customers that will be acting in a manner that can bring down your business,it could be in the form of not paying debt on time,to uneccesary demands from the owners for unrealistic favour.

When one encounters such annoying situation I think the best way is to handle is calmly to avoid issues the person is still your customer no matter what
No sir, I don't think avoid this issue calmly is not right, because we do our work with our dedication, so the client also need to pay our funds on time, if the client refused to pay, then we have rights to ask why are not he is paying, if he refuse seriously then expose that client on that platform where he offered the job, in this way you damage the client reputation.

One of the things that a business owner should understand is that in business you will always get some customers that will be acting in a manner that can bring down your business,it could be in the form of not paying debt on time,to uneccesary demands from the owners for unrealistic favour.
This is one of the biggest challenges most business individuals face, but I think the best way to handle such kinds of people is by letting them go, give them free for the first time, but if it happens the second time you know what to do.

This is one of the biggest challenges most business individuals face, but I think the best way to handle such kinds of people is by letting them go, give them free for the first time, but if it happens the second time you know what to do.
That is why the business environment is faced with different sets of persons and how to tackle issues arising from non remittance of money for goods collected is to be a little bit strict.

In order to avoid getting scammed, I would always prefer to work with reliable clients. You can also do that by working on platforms that show the clients' ratings as well. Unfortunately, not all the platforms offer this facility.

That is why the business environment is faced with different sets of persons and how to tackle issues arising from non remittance of money for goods collected is to be a little bit strict.
Yeah exactly, we have different kinds of people and they all have their different ways of solving their problems, the easiest way I solved mine might be the difficult way to solve yours.

Newest Directory Listings

Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back