What's new

How long does it take your country to pay pensioners when they bow out of service??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly this is not something that should be delayed but because of bad leadership someone will put up to 35 years serving the government and the country at the end get to g their retirement benefit will become a problem.is government design to be like this?.that is why I am afraid to work for them.

Before now it took a lot of time majorly because government were in charge of the process. Right now those pension funds are being administrated by pension funds administrators. So it takes minimal time for them to collate what is accrued to an individual and begin paying. For government we were formally looking at 5-6 years of waiting time by the pensioner before being paid.

In my country government give the salaries to his worker in all life time. Only government worker get salary after retirement in my country . There are some other private sector that are give salary after retirement to his worker. The average of pension salary increase after six months in every year.

Exactly, that's what made me create this thread here. To ascertain the number of months/years it takes for a retiree to begin receiving his or her pension. Our country Nigeria is not a good country at the moment, our politicians are self centered people. Only wanting for themselves, forgetting that others needs to survive also.
Am telling you most of our politicians in Nigeria don't really care about people when the retire, the make the beg and suffered for what they have worked for about 30 to 35 years for. And some even die while waiting for their pension to be paid. It's really terrible.

It takes longer time in my country and you have to submit your retirement documents in different offices before it can be attended to.
I think if someone retires now, I be he will start receiving pension next year

I found out that in some countries, it takes little time before retirees begin to receive their pension from their own government. My own country takes sometime out, before adhering to pay pensioners their laboured money. It takes an average of 2 years before they start receiving their pension. How long does your country take to pay pensioners??
It depends on your pension handler I mean your pension administrator. It should be immediately after you have officially due for retirement and approved by your employer. You are suppose to tender your letter of retirement to your your pension handler and with 1 to 3 months you begin to receive you stipends.

In my country it does not take much like 1 month, this happen when you retire from service and your age is up to 50 years. The pension service will ask you to provide the necessary papers from your company and when this done, your pension money will be paid to you directly.

Am telling you most of our politicians in Nigeria don't really care about people when the retire, the make the beg and suffered for what they have worked for about 30 to 35 years for. And some even die while waiting for their pension to be paid. It's really terrible.
Very terrible bro, they don't care about the welfare of those civil servants. All they care is how to satisfy their own pocket and not how to make the citizens and its civil workers smile at least. The politicians are self centered people.

how long it takes my country to pay pensioner is not predictable since they are the one in charge.the pension money is paid whenever they want to pay so the time duration is not stipulated and it is unpredictable

To the best of my knowledge, in Nigeria it depends on the kind of work or service you did. For the force men, it definitely doesn't take a long time because I have someone who has retired from active service. I don't know of others anyway but I'm sure, it takes sometime.

Depends on how competent the government is. Over here many workers ends up not receiving pension. The few that does, they are subjected to rigorous you're before finally getting a pay. But there is favoritism in the system.

In my country, the payment of the pension for government workers is made immediately, what takes about 6 months is the settlement. Social security pensioners barely reach the age of 55 years for women and 60 years for men, and they meet the requirements, they also begin to collect their pension
The pensioners in your country are really very lucky and that's how it should after spending your youthful years in service for many years you are entitle to be paid in due time. In my country you will have to suffer to receive your pension some people even died during the struggle to collect their pension or gratuities from either government or the private sector.

The pensioners in your country are really very lucky and that's how it should after spending your youthful years in service for many years you are entitle to be paid in due time. In my country you will have to suffer to receive your pension some people even died during the struggle to collect their pension or gratuities from either government or the private sector.
Yes here when it comes to pensions it works well, but it was not always like this @Setfragil . A constant and determined struggle began on the part of the retirees, they reached the point of going on hunger strikes, until they reached their objectives. Previously, they spent up to 6 years waiting for the benefit that legally corresponds to them.

Normally, if every due process is followed by a retiree and he/she gets all right and ready for his/her retired company or business or government arm, he/she can start coming when the person withdraws. But it is only possible for those with such ties in my home country, where politics, injustice, cheating and "must know someone up there" have shrunk to everything.

I found out that in some countries, it takes little time before retirees begin to receive their pension from their own government. My own country takes sometime out, before adhering to pay pensioners their laboured money. It takes an average of 2 years before they start receiving their pension. How long does your country take to pay pensioners??
In the developed world, before you bow out of active service, your gratuity and other retirement benefits are well taken care of and readily available. The reverse is the case in third world countries most especially Africa.

In my country documentation process starts even before retirement about 1 2 years already. So at the time of retirement it takes very little time and people get their gratuity within 6 months or so. Now this process is going to be. Computerized. It is bit better in my country

In a country where everything works normal, the retirees are supposed to receive their due retirement package almost immediately after their retirement but I don't think this is so in many African countries especially Nigeria. In Nigeria many retirees have died before their package came out.

In the developed world, before you bow out of active service, your gratuity and other retirement benefits are well taken care of and readily available. The reverse is the case in third world countries most especially Africa.
I think my country's own is the worst. The delay is too much, others might delay but not in the level of Nigerian delay in paying out retiree's pension and gratuity. Gratuity even last so long more than the pension own before it lands into your bank account.

In my country it takes lot of time because it's not a easy process to get ones pension. In the process of waiting for pension some this pensioners are dead as a result of many factors ranging from blood pressure and etc

It takes grace to receive your pension in Nigeria. If you don't pray very well, you may spend over 10years after retirement before you can smell your pension fund. Alternatively you may bribe your way out by negotiating with the staff that are working in pension office to help you facilitate your payment, they will help you out but they will demand for 20% from you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back