What's new

How long does it take your country to pay pensioners when they bow out of service??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sincerem

Ledgendary Member
50,000 Post Club
Nov 13, 2020
USD
$2.0000USD
Biznotes
I found out that in some countries, it takes little time before retirees begin to receive their pension from their own government. My own country takes sometime out, before adhering to pay pensioners their laboured money. It takes an average of 2 years before they start receiving their pension. How long does your country take to pay pensioners??

Reactions: Man
In my country Nigeria, it takes 6 to 10 years for government to pay pensioners
Exactly, that's what made me create this thread here. To ascertain the number of months/years it takes for a retiree to begin receiving his or her pension. Our country Nigeria is not a good country at the moment, our politicians are self centered people. Only wanting for themselves, forgetting that others needs to survive also.

Exactly, that's what made me create this thread here. To ascertain the number of months/years it takes for a retiree to begin receiving his or her pension. Our country Nigeria is not a good country at the moment, our politicians are self centered people. Only wanting for themselves, forgetting that others needs to survive also.
Yes I can attest to this , I have an uncle who worked in the civil service for years, he's retired now and can't access his pension funds due to the mismanagement by the government both the current and previous ones.

In my country Nigeria, it takes 6 to 10 years for government to pay pensioners
Yes I can attest to this , I have an uncle who worked in the civil service for years, he's retired now and can't access his pension funds due to the mismanagement by the government both the current and previous ones.
To bad, that's my point, I don't know why some government, will just sit back and be deriving joy. When their civil workers that is out of service won't receive their laboured pensions. But their own salaries i s never withheld at all, that's corruption at it's highest level.

In my country, the payment of the pension for government workers is made immediately, what takes about 6 months is the settlement. Social security pensioners barely reach the age of 55 years for women and 60 years for men, and they meet the requirements, they also begin to collect their pension.

In my country, the payment of the pension for government workers is made immediately, what takes about 6 months is the settlement. Social security pensioners barely reach the age of 55 years for women and 60 years for men, and they meet the requirements, they also begin to collect their pension.
Post automatically merged:

En mi país, el pago de la pensión de los trabajadores del gobierno se realiza de inmediato, lo que demora unos 6 meses es la liquidación. Los pensionistas de la seguridad social apenas llegan a los 55 años para las mujeres y a los 60 años para los hombres, y cumplen con los requisitos, también comienzan a cobrar su pensión.
Interesting to hear about how your country handles pensioners needs at the right time. I love such method endorsed by your country to settle the needs around pensioners. It takes only from the government that take's it's subject's as main priority.

I found out that in some countries, it takes little time before retirees begin to receive their pension from their own government. My own country takes sometime out, before adhering to pay pensioners their laboured money. It takes an average of 2 years before they start receiving their pension. How long does your country take to pay pensioners??
That's true.
Here in Nigeria, the don't easily pay pensioners and before a pensioner starts receiving his pension, he must have connections (i.e he needs to know an influential someone who will be able to interceded on his behalf).
So pensioners in Nigeria are not easily paid.

That's true.
Here in Nigeria, the don't easily pay pensioners and before a pensioner starts receiving his pension, he must have connections (i.e he needs to know an influential someone who will be able to interceded on his behalf).
So pensioners in Nigeria are not easily paid.
They're not easily paid at all, if they don't have an influencer in the government. It will take more than four years to get his pension money. I have seen a scenario where one started making move to secure his pension, he never achieved it, till death came calling.

They're not easily paid at all, if they don't have an influencer in the government. It will take more than four years to get his pension money. I have seen a scenario where one started making move to secure his pension, he never achieved it, till death came calling.
Yea, you are right .
This thing happened to me in person.
My dad died since 2017 and he wasn't given the cash despite how serious the family has been Fighting for the pension until recently last year before the started paying and the only paid once. Since then, till date we've not received any payment again.

Wow, it really takes a long time to get their pension. This got me worried because my father is planning to retire next month. I hope it will only take a few months the most.

Yea, you are right .
This thing happened to me in person.
My dad died since 2017 and he wasn't given the cash despite how serious the family has been Fighting for the pension until recently last year before the started paying and the only paid once. Since then, till date we've not received any payment again.
Too bad of our government, that is the problem we are facing everyday here. Did they pay death loyalty to your family when your dad passed away?? It's been two and half years now, my dad have not received his pension from the Nigerian government. This things are worrisome, our country need to develop and be up and running like other countries.

In some countries it takes up to 5 years before payment and sometimes they never get paid, I think the government sector should look into it and allow the retirees to have their pension immediately after retirement.

Oh my, that 2 years for processing the pension is too long. A few months before I retired I went to the SSS (Social Security System) to request for a pension. I filled out a form and asked to come bank on the following week. Upon receiving approval I was required to open a bank account for ATM where my monthly pension will be remitted. Overall it took me less than 2 weeks although I received my pension when I turned 60 after a few months.

For government workers, it takes about three months before they start receiving pension, those three months is said to be for documentations, and when they start the payment is usually not regular, sometimes the pensioners will stay for months or years without receiving their pension.

When we look at how long it should take to receive pension after service, everything is in mess in Nigeria, it depends on luck, some get theirs about six months, while it may take some people to receive theirs after two years or even beyond.

I think it starts in short time may be from the first month or a month later.
Start working on completing paperwork in advance to When Pension starts after completion of 30+ years of service in regards to age and irrespective of employment status.

Some countries have no pity on their labour force, even while they are in service, their salaries are delayed. Not to talk of pension, they take more than enough time to pay pension here in Nigeria, although this is a result of bad governance

I don't think is paid for a sacked worker in my country. But a retired person should be expecting his payment within six months depending on the state government he works for. I can vouch of a state in my country that don't Ike with pensioners.

We don't know that in what time the process happens. Mostly the government institutions takes a long time to process. Sometimes it takes 1 year or more than a year depends upon institutional pursuit. It should not take this much time for the process. Process must be ready before the retirement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back