What's new

How can an employer prevent employee theft?

The use of manual system of money documentation in the past was the major cause of employee theft in a company, due to the emergence of automated machines and other sophisticated equipment have reduce theft..also the emergence of cctv in the company has also help in cubing such occurance...

The use of digital methods could prevent theft at a larger scale. However, when it comes to saving money in online payment processors, things could turn out to be bad. This is why many people save money in reliable payment processors like PayPal to prevent theft.

The use of digital methods could prevent theft at a larger scale. However, when it comes to saving money in online payment processors, things could turn out to be bad. This is why many people save money in reliable payment processors like PayPal to prevent theft.
To be specific if it is online payment processor that you are talking about I think paypal is the best.
Someone brag about payeer recently and I think that he was wrong because from what I see I think that liberty reserve foldup without any notification and I also think egopay fold up without notification so I dont save my money in any payment gateway rather I have to withdraw first to my account because I have lost alot to liberty reserve.

You have made a very good point. The use of electronic and online payment system gateway can help reduce the incidence of theft. However, it is worth noting that they cannot eliminate it completely.

You have made a very good point. The use of electronic and online payment system gateway can help reduce the incidence of theft. However, it is worth noting that they cannot eliminate it completely.

Thanks a lot! I think that many people tend to rely on many traditional banking methods that involve fraud. This is a very common problem in many countries that have a faulty and outdated banking system.

One of the things i believe in any work environment is that the issue of welfare and numeration of workers should be adequatelly taken care of in the first place,so that issues of theft will not occure,and then once they are happy the incident of theft will be reduced.

The CCTV HD Cameras will definitely go a long way in keeping an eye on them from rampantly stealing from your business. But the honest truth is that there are some employees who are criminal minded enough to find a way to blindside the CCTV cameras which makes a mockery of it.

You can have all your employees sign a legal document that at end of each month after taking product stock, if anything isn't accounted for, all of them would be paying for it or have it deducted from their salary.

Also you can offer incentives to any staff who reports another staff that stole anything with concrete proof of being caught in the act.

One of the best and convinient ways to monitor your business is by installing cctv camera in every corners of your shop just to avoid workers and customers stealing your goods .

The company should have a guidelines or code of conduct every staff is supposed to posses, this covers work ethics, behaviours, do's and don't...All these and more helps in cubbing theft In a workplace.

The CCTV HD Cameras will definitely go a long way in keeping an eye on them from rampantly stealing from your business. But the honest truth is that there are some employees who are criminal minded enough to find a way to blindside the CCTV cameras which makes a mockery of it.

You can have all your employees sign a legal document that at end of each month after taking product stock, if anything isn't accounted for, all of them would be paying for it or have it deducted from their salary.

Also you can offer incentives to any staff who reports another staff that stole anything with concrete proof of being caught in the act.

Yes, CCTV cameras could help a lot, but it might not be the only thing employers should rely on. They should also make a really great system that would never allow the employees to have access to funds.

Yes, CCTV cameras could help a lot, but it might not be the only thing employers should rely on. They should also make a really great system that would never allow the employees to have access to funds.
It doesn't have to be funds that workers steal from their workplaces. They can steal products as well, so a system that prevents them from having access to cash wouldn't prevent them from stealing the company's products when they have the opportunity.

It's why I feel that when the workers are aware their fellow employees can snitch on them when caught stealing would deter them greatly.

The CCTV technology will be of greater help. Another way you can do this is just to try as much as possible to employ people that are trusted, even though it might be difficult to completely asses people in this manner.

It doesn't have to be funds that workers steal from their workplaces. They can steal products as well, so a system that prevents them from having access to cash wouldn't prevent them from stealing the company's products when they have the opportunity.

It's why I feel that when the workers are aware their fellow employees can snitch on them when caught stealing would deter them greatly.

Yes, unfortunately, many employees may also steal valuable office supplies and products as well. It might be a harder thing to manage if you work in a big office. I think that many supermarkets that employ salesgirls always tend to check their bags when they leave. This is something that I have noticed.

There are so many ways which an employer can prevent an employee theft,sometime ensure that before you left your business you keep records of all your sales and goods and ensure that he deposit all the money into your account when the business is close,you can also install some hiden tracking software like cctv to monitor his action

There are so many ways which an employer can prevent an employee theft,sometime ensure that before you left your business you keep records of all your sales and goods and ensure that he deposit all the money into your account when the business is close,you can also install some hiden tracking software like cctv to monitor his action
The use of CCTV is a very good idea of monitoring workers. Also, financial accounts and other record books must always be balanced and cross checked at the end of each day to ensure transparency.

The use of CCTV is a very good idea of monitoring workers. Also, financial accounts and other record books must always be balanced and cross checked at the end of each day to ensure transparency.

Unfortunately, many CCTV cameras do not work in many places and this has been a really common problem. Moreover, the quality of such kind of CCTV footage cameras and video recorders have always been really bad.

Unfortunately, many CCTV cameras do not work in many places and this has been a really common problem. Moreover, the quality of such kind of CCTV footage cameras and video recorders have always been really bad.
In this case, I think it's up to the manager or business owner to ensure that these CCTV cameras are very functional at all times. It will ensure effective monitoring of all staff by the management.

In this case, I think it's up to the manager or business owner to ensure that these CCTV cameras are very functional at all times. It will ensure effective monitoring of all staff by the management.

Many business owners do not focus on this aspect. I have seen that many CCTV cameras have so horrible resolution that it is almost impossible to see the faces of people from the distance of just a few feet.

Many business owners do not focus on this aspect. I have seen that many CCTV cameras have so horrible resolution that it is almost impossible to see the faces of people from the distance of just a few feet.
This is very true. Most of the CCTV cameras are static and it doesn't rotate to capture every angle. I believe business organizations that are capable should always go for the high definition cameras with good footage.

Installation of CCTV cameras is definitely one of the ways in which the company can be able to go to. All they can be able to just increase the number of security men.

First the employer can hire people of high integrity and honesty. People that sees theft as something that is not acceptable.
Secondly employer can install CCTV cameras all over. CCTV can't catch a thief though but you can at least know who stole from you when the footage is played.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back