What's new

How can an employer prevent employee theft?

Nowadays theres always easy solution on ways to avoid employees theft in a company or organisation , the installation of cctv cameras on every corner of the company will be as a security for your business.

The use of CCTV cameras is one sure way of ensuring discipline and security in an organization. Also, you must be vigilant enough to avoid people tempering with the records or video.

The use of CCTV cameras is one sure way of ensuring discipline and security in an organization. Also, you must be vigilant enough to avoid people tempering with the records or video.
The use of cctv camera can be an additional way to do just that but I think that if you can monitor your employee yourself and observe their activity that can also be as an additional way to do that because sometime small scale business will never be able to afford the cctv camera some are expensive

The use of cctv camera can be an additional way to do just that but I think that if you can monitor your employee yourself and observe their activity that can also be as an additional way to do that because sometime small scale business will never be able to afford the cctv camera some are expensive
This is very true. For small scale businesses, you must be always be vigilant and monitor staff since you might not be able to afford cameras. In this case, feedback from customers is important as well.

This is very true. For small scale businesses, you must be always be vigilant and monitor staff since you might not be able to afford cameras. In this case, feedback from customers is important as well.
Using a real life experience as an example , there are some business that are huge and you couldn't make counts of the stock because the money you even make daily is huge and also have a lot of customers , some greedy individuals use that as an opportunities to steal from their employer if cares not taken .

Using a real life experience as an example , there are some business that are huge and you couldn't make counts of the stock because the money you even make daily is huge and also have a lot of customers , some greedy individuals use that as an opportunities to steal from their employer if cares not taken .
I'm sure things like that are still going on in a lot of workplaces. I believe such greedy staff will be caught one day by the management of the organization while committing such acts.

Its very true to be sincere I think that small business can chose to monitor the rate and growth of their business themself they also need to employ other people to monitor the business for them.

Cctv camera may somehow be so expensive for the small scale business.

You can as well chose to use your wife as the source of observation of that business finance if it is a one man business
Its very true to be sincere I think that small business can chose to monitor the rate and growth of their business themself they also need to employ other people to monitor the business for them.

You can as well chose to use your wife as the source of observation of that business finance if it is a one man business

How can an employer prevent employee theft? Employee theft is more common than you would think, and it doesn’t have to be high value, but the value of the products adds up overtime and can effectively have a huge impact on wages and bonuses to other staff members, as well as price hikes being passed to customers. One of the biggest ways to prevent Employee Theft is to install CCTV HD Cameras at all angles of the business, and another common method is to perform random staff searches. Are there any other ways employers can prevent employee theft?
Other ways are making sure cash payment is automated e.g use of credits card,Items are coded etc.

You have made a good point. Maybe you could also try using family members or people who are close to you because it is likely that they are always going to be loyal and truthful about transactions.

You have to go some extra measure in order to ensure that you have completely put in security measures like CCTV cameras and also allocate everything to 1 owner.

Everyone talk about cctv camera yes its not that bad but we all know its a new technology which we can use now aside from this you can pay someone to secured your business for you and monitor your staff activity acordingly.
You can also use some modern technology equipment like the cctv not doubt

An employer cannot necessarily be going around to prevent that, the way to go about it is to use the CCTV to check everything going on on the organization.

I think the best way for employer to prevent their employees from theft is by install CCTV around environment in order to monitor everything they are doing in the company, that is the best way you can prevent that in your business or company.

may be, The easiest way to prevent employee theft is to establish a positive work environment. . Representatives who feel esteemed, listened and acknowledged may take more pride in their work and remain steadfast to their boss. Advance a work environment with a positive environment. in addition i think paying a good salary will prevent theft.

Employee theft could be a big issue. The only way to prevent it is to block the access of employees to the valuable items and cash reserves of the company and restrict employees to certain areas.

Employee theft could be a big issue. The only way to prevent it is to block the access of employees to the valuable items and cash reserves of the company and restrict employees to certain areas.
While this might help later on, I believe the most proactive measure to take is to ensure the organization hires staff that are trustworthy and morally upright. This will help reduce such incidents to the barest minimum.

While this might help later on, I believe the most proactive measure to take is to ensure the organization hires staff that are trustworthy and morally upright. This will help reduce such incidents to the barest minimum.

It is really hard to trust people. Having said that, I really do not think that a wise business owner would allow any employee to enter in an area where his belongings are kept.

The use of manual system of money documentation in the past was the major cause of employee theft in a company, due to the emergence of automated machines and other sophisticated equipment have reduce theft..also the emergence of cctv in the company has also help in cubing such occurance...

The only way that an employer could limit employee theft is by not ensuring that the financial department of the company is totally entrusted in the hands of the employee. There should be a sort of control or consent from the owners of the company before monies are released.

Asides fixing of security measures to monitor employees, the first thing employers should do is ensure these workers are highly motivated to not think of stealing.
That being said, connecting employees via a local or wide area network can also help track their activities online and giving of customized access cards to sensitive areas in and out of the office would help as well.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back