What's new

How can an employer prevent employee theft?

Book keeping is one of the best way of keeping your financial activities and monitoring your business at the same time and also trying to do a proper monitoring is also important
Is very important , but I also put this into consideration . what of smaller businesses in which bookkeeping is not necessary . How will they be able to track down dubious behaviour by
Dishonest employees ?

Book keeping is one of the best way of keeping your financial activities and monitoring your business at the same time and also trying to do a proper monitoring is also important

There are many people who might try to manipulate the records of the company and try to cheat. This is why a proper systematic bookkeeping is also very crucial for businesses.

Well, it's easy for people to deceive others, if they have the opportunity to do so. It's better to monitor their moves from start to the end, and they would never try to deceive the employer as they wouldn't get the chance.

1. Try to request all the relevant and authentic bills from the employees for all their expenditure.
2. Make sure to install the monitoring devices in places that won't disrupt their privacy.
3. Check the accounts from time to time and if you find anything suspicious, try to bring that point out in a meeting, instead of approaching that employee alone.
4. If possible check the bills at random.

This is all I can think of at the moment.

If it is a public company I will install cctv camara where all the employee activity will be monitored.
I also think that when you make right selection of employee such criminal and theft activity will not be observe so before hiring someone you need to know alot about them.
Well, you are right. CCTV cameras can help. But it will not reduce theft. For me, to prevent employee theft, employers should make sure that they treat their employees fairly and with respect.

This is important because it prevents employees from feeling like they're being taken advantage of or mistreated by management. They should also be transparent about how their employees' work is evaluated and how performance reviews are conducted. This can help the employee understand how their work will be evaluated and improve their performance, which will help them avoid mistakes like theft.

Well, it's easy for people to deceive others, if they have the opportunity to do so. It's better to monitor their moves from start to the end, and they would never try to deceive the employer as they wouldn't get the chance.

1. Try to request all the relevant and authentic bills from the employees for all their expenditure.
2. Make sure to install the monitoring devices in places that won't disrupt their privacy.
3. Check the accounts from time to time and if you find anything suspicious, try to bring that point out in a meeting, instead of approaching that employee alone.
4. If possible check the bills at random.

This is all I can think of at the moment.

These are some good points, but i do not think that any kind of employer would have the right to ask for bills from employees as this is considered as their personal matter.

On my opinion I think fixing cctv Carmens in the company or job and also investigating the background of the employees .

Many workplaces do not even have the right kind of CCTV footage camera, as the picture quality is really low! There are many criminals who got away with their crimes due to this problem.

Not all the workplace have CCTV in their organisation because some cannit even afford the money to buy and install the CCTV , but with proper monitoring , employee theft can be reduced .
Many workplaces do not even have the right kind of CCTV footage camera, as the picture quality is really low! There are many criminals who got away with their crimes due to this problem.

How can an employer prevent employee theft? Employee theft is more common than you would think, and it doesn’t have to be high value, but the value of the products adds up overtime and can effectively have a huge impact on wages and bonuses to other staff members, as well as price hikes being passed to customers. One of the biggest ways to prevent Employee Theft is to install CCTV HD Cameras at all angles of the business, and another common method is to perform random staff searches. Are there any other ways employers can prevent employee theft?
Yes by introducing CCTV cameras to your business spot to get benefit. After then hiring honest and caring staff for your business and giving them rewards at intervals to prevent such things.

Yes by introducing CCTV cameras to your business spot to get benefit. After then hiring honest and caring staff for your business and giving them rewards at intervals to prevent such things.

It quite amazes me that certain kind of CCTV cameras do not work at all. So what is the reason behind installing such kind of devices that could not be used at all?

Application of technologies would be the best , However we shouldn't rely on that and we should be looking forward to employ people that are trusted. That's the only way.

For an employer to prevent an employee theft, providing of CCTV cameras is one main option to be installed in the office or workplace in order to monitor the employee on whatever he or she does at the work.Strategies to prevent theft do not need to be invasive or make employees feel like you do not trust them. Creating systems within your work process, and things for how to handle employee theft, and means for the employee not to report suspicious activity can help deter fraudulent activity within the business.

For an employer to prevent an employee theft, providing of CCTV cameras is one main option to be installed in the office or workplace in order to monitor the employee on whatever he or she does at the work.Strategies to prevent theft do not need to be invasive or make employees feel like you do not trust them. Creating systems within your work process, and things for how to handle employee theft, and means for the employee not to report suspicious activity can help deter fraudulent activity within the business.

It is always a good thing to hire honest and faithful employees. Faithful employees are less likely to cheat people. It is important to judge the behaviour of people before you hire them.

A very good way to avert employee's theft is to carry out proper bookkeeping and also check inventory of items bought and sold . In light of this, you'll be able to limit employee theft to the barest minimum.

No matter how secure you think you can be , we cannot eradicate employee theft automatically , though keeping records what you have in stock can also reduce employee theft .

A very good way to avert employee's theft is to carry out proper bookkeeping and also check inventory of items bought and sold . In light of this, you'll be able to limit employee theft to the barest minimum.

Bookkeeping can help you to keep a record of finances. However, when it comes to stealing items from office, it could not be prevented through financial accounting. Financial accounting should checked and rechecked again and again and it should be required to hire an honest person as an accountant.

Last edited:
I think employers can easily prevent employee theft by installing security cameras. However, it is not possible to prevent theft that occurs outside the office premises. I see a lot of people stealing from their company, especially while doing the work outdoors. This is common among marketers.

There's always the need to have CCTV camera in every company. This is one of the best ways to prevent any kind of theft. Whenever workers or even customers who wants to steal see there's a CCTV camera overseeing everything, they will want to steal.

There's always the need to have CCTV camera in every company. This is one of the best ways to prevent any kind of theft. Whenever workers or even customers who wants to steal see there's a CCTV camera overseeing everything, they will want to steal.

Cameras need to installed inside and outside the business as well. This should be a requirement in order to prevent crime and theft. Moreover, companies should be required by the law to do this. In many cases, crime could be really hard to solve in case if there is no CCTV footage evidence.

Cameras need to installed inside and outside the business as well. This should be a requirement in order to prevent crime and theft. Moreover, companies should be required by the law to do this. In many cases, crime could be really hard to solve in case if there is no CCTV footage evidence.

Currently at my place of work, we have about six different cameras that are installed in different places within the business premises so that every angle of the business is always going to be captured.

This is because there are some people that will know how to blindside the camera so that they are not going to be caught up, but with several cameras, it is going to be very difficult for them to avoid it.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back