What's new

How can an employee handle an abusive employer

I once had a terrible experience with an employer in the private sector, who with all the terrible ways I was treated, deemed it fit to withhold my salary for a nonexistent offence. The day I shook off that job I had absolute peace of mind and now I look forward to crossing path with that boss again. It has been almost 9 years now.
What a very terrible experience that you have had with this employer of yours and the private sector and if I were to be in your situation I don't think I will be able to work more than two months if my salary was being withheld by my employer as I do not have patience when you come to my salary.

In this part of the world, majorly in the office section, we've seen and heard some employer getting aggressive on their employees. So how can an employee tackle and curtail such case without getting sacked
I think the best way to go about this,and is what I use to do as well,is this although is not legal though but I use to do it just to avoid my employer when he start ranting and shouting at me is simple though.

It is a tricky situation, especially if the employee doesn't have any other option. I think the best would be to report the boss or take it public and quit.

In this part of the world, majorly in the office section, we've seen and heard some employer getting aggressive on their employees. So how can an employee tackle and curtail such case without getting sacked
You just have to call your employer to order in the best manner you know you can use whenever he’s calm or maybe you should just submit your own resignation letter because most time some employers cannot be control

So many people would never resign no matter how bad the working situation is as they believe that there isn't an alternative that would work better.
You might lose your sanity if you continue to work in such environment. I had resigned from a fast food restaurant job in year 2008 because my boss was very abusive and the work was very stressful, it was already affecting my health so I resigned.

Sometimes an employer cannot just be so abusive without anything wrong, this can only happen if you fail to perform your responsibility or you do not really understand what your employers really wants from you,.

An abusive employee is not good for an employer's mental health..you really need to call him to notice that such shouldn't happen again. And if such repeats itself, then you can suspend

Our mental health shouldn't be joked with and when an employee is constantly being abused and ridiculed, it could play a part on ones mental health, alternatives should be sought after

If your employer is abusive then you should find a way to get another job or start something of your own. It's best for the sake of your mental health.

I think an employee should add value to the company they are working in, with that it will not be as if the business owner is doing you a favour by keeping you in his company. If that is the case it will reduce the unsavoury attitude of the boss towards you because he knows you are valuable to his business.

Being patient is one of the key criteria to handle such situations but it's not always applicable especially in situations where you have to do some things to save your own self

Your employer is abusive, just quit the job. There is no point in degrading yourself just because you get paid by this guy. If you still need to job desperately and cannot quit immediately, try to stay away from the employer.

The only advice I can give you is to keep enduring your abusive employer till you see another jobs. Once you see new job you should go and start as soon as possible.

I will be really honest with you. I really never tolerate abusive people at all and I will be the first one to leave such kind of job where the employers take advantage of me or treat me badly. I am an employee and I should be treated such, I am not someone's slave. Employees! Stand up for your rights.

If it happens that your employer is too abusive towards you and other staffs. Do not wait until you see new job before you quit, your peace and well-being is very important.

First of all the employee should try to report the matter to the human resources department. You can also try confronting the person and openly tell him how his actions and inactions affect his work.

If one can endure the pressure and the insults until a better job comes in, it will be appreciated. These employers do not easily change overtime despite doing all to please them.

1. Talk to the person to try to understand what's causing the behavior.
2. Give concrete, specific feedback and offer the opportunity to change.
3. Look for ways to minimize interactions between the toxic employee and the rest of your team.

You'll be amazed the kinds of things employees subject themselves too would amaze you all because of the pay, employees should change their orientation and know that there are many other jobs out there, and there are law enforcement agents they can report too

An employee who is working for an abusive employer should first of all try to do his job as required try not to do things that are not expected of him from there you can pray to God about it because as humans we are answerable to a supernatural being and have our believe, talk to your God about it because He's capable of helping you, you meet your employer and politely discuss things that you think he's doing that are abusive to you and wait for the change, in a situation he doesn't change and you can't bear it anymore quit and look for something else to do or start up a business and build it.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back