What's new

How can a business owner handle dishonest employees?

If it is a definite thing, the truth is that I find it difficult to do it, but as I described above, I am left with no options. This is the best thing to do as it is detrimental to the smooth running of the company.
You need to find it easy doing, so it won't turn detrimental to the progress of your company.

You need to find it easy doing, so it won't turn detrimental to the progress of your company.
Of course you have to find a way, but when you spend time with your employees and get to know them, it's not that easy, but you have to separate emotions from business, and take action. But that's the way to work with dishonest employees.

You came up with a great solution and I totally agree. Why should you keep your dishonest employees when you already have option to hire new workers.
I see a lot of people do not have respect for the jobs they are doing. They want to make money but they are not sincere with their jobs. This is mostly in government's job.

Of course you have to find a way, but when you spend time with your employees and get to know them, it's not that easy, but you have to separate emotions from business, and take action. But that's the way to work with dishonest employees.
You're right, when we must have built that friendship with our employees, it is hard to take such action. But when it matters to your business growth and progress, you have to take action, to save your business from falling down with dishonest employees.

I agree about employees not being sincere with their jobs especially in the government sector. This is one of the reasons why a government projects fail where as private projects succeed.

You're right, when we must have built that friendship with our employees, it is hard to take such action. But when it matters to your business growth and progress, you have to take action, to save your business from falling down with dishonest employees.
It's like that @Sincere , the good thing in my case is that I read them the guidelines and explain them clearly, I also put myself on the order regarding friendship, but it is clear that if I have to take any action for the benefit of the company, I will do it and that friendship has no relation with the actions.

I agree about employees not being sincere with their jobs especially in the government sector. This is one of the reasons why a government projects fail where as private projects succeed.
You are right @Nomad, the problem with dishonest employees is one of the reasons, there are many projects that work better in private companies.

It's like that @Sincere , the good thing in my case is that I read them the guidelines and explain them clearly, I also put myself on the order regarding friendship, but it is clear that if I have to take any action for the benefit of the company, I will do it and that friendship has no relation with the actions.

You are right @Nomad, the problem with dishonest employees is one of the reasons, there are many projects that work better in private companies.
You spoke well now. When it comes to business, their is no friend, family member when it concerns you're business success. If any of them under performs, and you try to make them improve and work better, and they never tried to improve or better their work rate. You should do the needful and move on with your business. Unless you don't want to progress, you can keep them and ruin your business time.

You spoke well now. When it comes to business, their is no friend, family member when it concerns you're business success. If any of them under performs, and you try to make them improve and work better, and they never tried to improve or better their work rate. You should do the needful and move on with your business. Unless you don't want to progress, you can keep them and ruin your business time.
This is how it is, and of course it is preferable to take action against dishonest personnel who did not know how to take advantage of the opportunities that arose, rather than not enjoying success and therefore losing the company.

This is how it is, and of course it is preferable to take action against dishonest personnel who did not know how to take advantage of the opportunities that arose, rather than not enjoying success and therefore losing the company.
I can't stand and watch such dishonest employees ruin my business for me, when I'm paying them well. They gave to follow guidelines to keep their position intact in the company, failure to do that will result in given them matching orders.

I think reward and punishment system should be strictly implemented. When you reward efficient employees, people will try to do better and when you punish dishonest employees, people will try to avoid punishment by becoming diligent.

Ways to Handle Dishonest Employees

Document your cultural values.

Create processes for accountability.

Be data-driven and measure everything.

Encourage open feedback and escalation.

Stay in tune with the details.

Hire based on culture.

Have probationary periods.

Get to know people personally.

Dishonest employee are actually coming to destroy a business and in this case they should be taken seriously and opportunity should not be given to them because they can actually to bring down a business organisation and this might affect the productivity of that business, they should either be sack or given a serious warning.

I think reward and punishment system should be strictly implemented. When you reward efficient employees, people will try to do better and when you punish dishonest employees, people will try to avoid punishment by becoming diligent.
I support your point of view, just as benefits are given to employees when they are effective, the right decisions must also be made against wrongdoing. This teaches a lesson to other workers, and to keep in mind the consequences of good and bad actions within the company.

If I have a business and I happened to have dishonesty I will definitely let them off because I don't tolerate any form of dishonesty in my business as it is capable of ruining my business.

I support your point of view, just as benefits are given to employees when they are effective, the right decisions must also be made against wrongdoing. This teaches a lesson to other workers, and to keep in mind the consequences of good and bad actions within the company.
There is a lot of unemployment in the society, perhaps the busines owner should fire the dishonest employees and hire the freshers and give them opportunity to prove themselves

There is a lot of unemployment in the society, perhaps the busines owner should fire the dishonest employees and hire the freshers and give them opportunity to prove themselves
I have always thought that while some people do not value their work, there are others who want to be there and perform their duties to the fullest. That is why I believe that a warning can be given to the dishonest employee, and if he/she repeats, he/she should be fired.

Dishonest employees are very bad in an establishment in at which they might have tendencies of dishonesty if you don't observe them properly

Dishonesty is a turn off in anything not just in a business setting, a dishonest employee would definitely have a negative effect on the overall appearance of a business so its better to let them go if you know about such

There is no better way to handle a dishonest employee than to relief such a person from his/her duty. I believe every organization takes honesty and integrity very seriously especially for the purpose of the company's image, therefore if an employee fails to hold on to this then it is important that the company le such a person go.

Try to show him the company and the workers can gain from been serious with the business but you can show him the way out if he’s not ready to change

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back