What's new

Having a mentor vs having a partner?

I think having both a partner and a mentor is a good thing. But when you choose to go for sole proprietorship, you need to look for a mentor who is well conversant with the current ways of running a business.

It is a good idea to have a mentor at the startup. If you have gathered sufficient knowledge, you can start your own business, having a partner as well. This way there is less risk, and you and your partner have equal responsibilities.

I think it's better to have a partner than having a mentor. A mentor will only provide advice and mentorship to an entrepreneur, while a partner will provide both advice and financial support to a business.

The most common reason for having a partner is the capitalization. When you cannot gather enough funds you have to get a partner to augment the shortage of capital. If you can do the start up by yourself then a mentor would be better even if you have to pay a retainer fee.
having a partner is nice. but for me I prefer having a mentor. a mentor might have the idea or experience of whatever you've been through, but a partner might not have that experience.

So we'll I know alot of people would vote for having a mentor but read this first.

So my theory is that, when you want a mentor you're probably looking for someone above you right??

And a partner will have to be someone in your level or a bit higher or lower.

So which is better ? I will say partner because when you have a mentor he is going to train and teach you how things worked in his time, when he was starting out...
And we all know strategies change, algorithms waver and fluctuate, so their advice might not be the best for a start up.

But a partner is someone that is in the same field and sometimes in the same level and who is also working hard and smart like you, and figuring out new strategies to benefit the both of you, while you do the same.

So you two will figure things out that currently works for startups.
(This doesn't mean a mentor is completely ruled out but their opinions and help will also be helpful after you conduct research on them 😉😀😄)
The two provide good help.
A mentor guides and helps you take the right decisions in business.
A partner is one who gets to contribute resources to the success of your business and earns from it as well.

I understand your explanation perfectly, but I don't see anything wrong with having a mentor in a business together with a partner, a partner may be able to support you with the financial aspects of a business and help run business errands but a mentor will only guide you on the theory aspects of the business.

Both mentors and partners are quite different because both of them have a different roles. Mentor is just like a teacher whereas partner is a person who conducts business along with you.

They both play different role and in that case they affect individuals life differently so if I were to choose,I would choose the two because they both have a role to play in impacting an individual life

A mentor is someone with which you can develop a long-term relationship that ... There are so many reasons why it is beneficial to have a mentor, he or she would be the one to guilde and put you through in all your endeavour while A life partner is there to give you support ... The word “family” can in literal terms mean blood relatives, as well as people who you have common so it is good to have both partners and mentor

I think both plays different roles and they are both important in their own areas. A mentor is someone who has already been in your present line of business and have made success out of it, his advice and directions will serve as a solid foundation to strategies you and your partner intend to develop

Mentor are far more beneficial to you mentally, materially and in other good areas of your life than a partner. A partner can only be there to comfort you and give you a listening ear when needed. But they could never play the roles that a mentor plays.

So we'll I know alot of people would vote for having a mentor but read this first.

So my theory is that, when you want a mentor you're probably looking for someone above you right??

So which is better ? I will say partner because when you have a mentor he is going to train and teach you how things worked in his time, when he was starting out...
And we all know strategies change, algorithms waver and fluctuate, so their advice might not be the best for a start up.

But a partner is someone that is in the same field and sometimes in the same level and who is also working hard and smart like you, and figuring out new strategies to benefit the both of you, while you do the same.

(This doesn't mean a mentor is completely ruled out but their opinions and help will also be helpful after you conduct research on them 😉😀😄)
Well, each of them has a different role in a company, so to speak, or in your life. but I would choose a partner. a reliable one of course with which I can do something beautiful and without an argument in time, etc.

I think having both a partner and a mentor is a good thing. But when you choose to go for sole proprietorship, you need to look for a mentor who is well conversant with the current ways of running a business.
A mentor and a partner are good to have because they both have their own benefits , a mentor guides you and teaches you on ways in which you can be succesful, and a partner support you in your business.

I have a mentor but not a partner.
The two personalities take on different roles as it concerns business.
A partner will contribute resources towards the growth of the business, but a mentor acts a a guide.

The two are not mutually exclusive. Also, it can depend on what kind of business you are getting into and how much knowledge you have about the field and businesses in general.

The true job or a mentor is to dictate you. I wouldn't want anyone to dictate me, I would like to have advisors or partners instead who can bear the profit and loss responsibilities.

I believe it is still possible for you to get both of them since they all have something to offer in the business , a mentor may be able to give you advice on how the business can be managed perfectly but a partner may help you in managing the business, I even believe a partner should be the most important.

The two provide good help.
A mentor guides and helps you take the right decisions in business.
A partner is one who gets to contribute resources to the success of your business and earns from it as well.
Yes, the both would play different roles in your business.
A partner is one who would combine his resources with yours to make the business grow, while a mentor gives business advice primarily, he offers assistance where necessary.

I think both mentor and partners play two different roles. A partner might also give you advice and guidance. However, he actively takes part in the business. A mentor does not take part in the business as far as I know.

I think both mentor and partners play two different roles. A partner might also give you advice and guidance. However, he actively takes part in the business. A mentor does not take part in the business as far as I know.
This is a spot on description of the difference between a mentor and a partner. Despite both contributing to the success of a business, a partner plays a more active role in business from the decision-making to the sharing of profits/losses.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back