Having a mentor vs having a partner?

Davvis12

Up-and-Coming Sensation
100 Posts Club
Jul 24, 2021
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
So we'll I know alot of people would vote for having a mentor but read this first.

So my theory is that, when you want a mentor you're probably looking for someone above you right??

And a partner will have to be someone in your level or a bit higher or lower.

So which is better ? I will say partner because when you have a mentor he is going to train and teach you how things worked in his time, when he was starting out...
And we all know strategies change, algorithms waver and fluctuate, so their advice might not be the best for a start up.

But a partner is someone that is in the same field and sometimes in the same level and who is also working hard and smart like you, and figuring out new strategies to benefit the both of you, while you do the same.

So you two will figure things out that currently works for startups.
(This doesn't mean a mentor is completely ruled out but their opinions and help will also be helpful after you conduct research on them 😉😀😄)

The role of a mentor is to guide you through his own experiences to equip you to avoid pitfalls, guide you to success, while a partner is to complement you maybe as a financial partner,or technical partner,or as an administrative partner or the likes.

The both of them play different role and the situation you find yourself with depend on which one is Best suitable for you however if you have knowledge about a business already then it is better you have a partner who is equally knowledgeable about the nature of your business or financially buoyant to make your knowledge or business ideas a reality but in a case where you don't have knowledge you need a mentor to guide you.

I don't see anything wrong In having both of them my friend. When I have a partner and a mentor at the same time, I can ask for advice and seek support from my partner.

Having a mentor in business is better than having a partner. A business mentor will definitely guide you and give you the modus operandi on how the business will make you fortune

There is no harm in having both because even in the archaic suggestions of a mentor there is wisdom and a partner gets to be your support. I think both are very important.

There is no harm in having both because even in the archaic suggestions of a mentor there is wisdom and a partner gets to be your support. I think both are very important.
I think having a winter is the best than having a partner because partner you share profit ideas and everything together but a mental can only give you advice and you take those advice to run your business.

To be candid, having a business partner always comes with different kind of issues and I think to just avoid that it's best to have a business mentor who will definitely help the business owner successed in the business

The role of a mentor is to guide you through his own experiences to equip you to avoid pitfalls, guide you to success, while a partner is to complement you maybe as a financial partner,or technical partner,or as an administrative partner or the likes.
For me I rather choose to have a partner than having a mentor as a mentor is just a guide for you business but a partner will definitely contribute a lot of resources and internet to the success of that business.

A mentor and a partner are two different things, I personally don't think one is better than the other since both plays different roles. A mentor is Your teacher, who would guild you and teach you all there is to know and in some cases advice you. Your partner is who you do business with, you both share the risk and also the profits

Both of them are profitable. But for a start, it is best to get a mentor in the early stages of your business. Partnership doesn't affect mentorship vice versa. I would choose a mentor now then have a partner later if need be

A mentor can still be a partner. It depends on how you both approach it. Let it be settled early on that each person's contribution matters. Also if you have a partner who doesn't know what to do, you'll just end up with all the workload while sharing profits with someone.

A mentor and a partner are two different things, I personally don't think one is better than the other since both plays different roles. A mentor is Your teacher, who would guild you and teach you all there is to know and in some cases advice you. Your partner is who you do business with, you both share the risk and also the profits
Instead of having a mentor and a partner at the same time, it is a wise decision for you to choose a mentor as the partner of your business than having a partner that doesn't have anything to offer.

Instead of having a mentor and a partner at the same time, it is a wise decision for you to choose a mentor as the partner of your business than having a partner that doesn't have anything to offer.
Killing two birds with one stone. This is a good idea, it would save you the trouble of having both. If your mentor is also your partner, most of the risks would be limited

Both of them are too different personalities with different needs . If one cannot control a business alone , then he needs a partner and if he needs guidance on the business , he needs a mentor

Killing two birds with one stone. This is a good idea, it would save you the trouble of having both. If your mentor is also your partner, most of the risks would be limited
Yes and they can handle some part of the financial department of a business why you concentrate in so many other things like management, that could have been the best idea if you have an opportunity to have such an individual.

A mentor is still much better because that your theory of the individual not being updated doesn't hold water. A mentor is someone who's proven and still proving to be relevant.
A partner might have limited knowledge as you, how then do you get to learn without making mistakes?

So we'll I know alot of people would vote for having a mentor but read this first.

So my theory is that, when you want a mentor you're probably looking for someone above you right??

And a partner will have to be someone in your level or a bit higher or lower.

So which is better ? I will say partner because when you have a mentor he is going to train and teach you how things worked in his time, when he was starting out...
And we all know strategies change, algorithms waver and fluctuate, so their advice might not be the best for a start up.

But a partner is someone that is in the same field and sometimes in the same level and who is also working hard and smart like you, and figuring out new strategies to benefit the both of you, while you do the same.

So you two will figure things out that currently works for startups.
(This doesn't mean a mentor is completely ruled out but their opinions and help will also be helpful after you conduct research on them 😉😀😄)
I would suggest a mentor based on their own experience on job. You cannot compare a partner both of your whom both of you are just having experience to the one that already have his ISBN experience...

Yeah having a mentor is still much better ,atleast you would find someone that would put you through on the necessary strategies to take in the business and make it sucessful

Yeah having a mentor is still much better ,atleast you would find someone that would put you through on the necessary strategies to take in the business and make it sucessful
It is better for me to have a mentor than having a partner with my mentor I can be able to run my sole proprietorship business alone with the benefit and get from his advice but a partner we always share of whatever he or she contributes.

Newest Directory Listings

momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
ExplorerEvan
Forums
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Clicks
Views
Comments
Reviews
ForumExplorers.com is a free discussion board with topics and conversations for everyone. Camp, chill, and cook s'mores with forum friends. We would love to see you!
Back