What's new

Having a mentor vs having a partner?

The most common reason for having a partner is the capitalization. When you cannot gather enough funds you have to get a partner to augment the shortage of capital. If you can do the start up by yourself then a mentor would be better even if you have to pay a retainer fee.

The most common reason for having a partner is the capitalization. When you cannot gather enough funds you have to get a partner to augment the shortage of capital. If you can do the start up by yourself then a mentor would be better even if you have to pay a retainer fee.
Both of them play a very important role in the success of a business, it is advisable for you to get them all because they are needed in every aspect of your business for growth and development.

It is better for me to have a mentor than having a partner with my mentor I can be able to run my sole proprietorship business alone with the benefit and get from his advice but a partner we always share of whatever he or she contributes.
Thats the fact , there are some partners that are hard to cope with and might lead the person into frustration and even ending the business at the final moment I think

Write your reply...having a mentor vs having a partner well it depends on what kind of person you are and which one will be if more use to you

People are different and so are the choices they will be probe to make. Some might chose to have a business partner to having a business mentor. Whichever suites their style at thebens of the day is what they'll settle for

I prefer having a mentor that partner in a business because a mentor is someone who has gone the way you intended to go and is willing to guide to you there.

A mentor will give you advice, but a partner will work along side you and share the profit and loss in the business. Therefore, you need a good partner more than a mentor.

A mentor will give you advice, but a partner will work along side you and share the profit and loss in the business. Therefore, you need a good partner more than a mentor.
I prefer a mentor done a partner because I will get advice from a mentor and how to run my business and I don't need to pay she or she for that.

The role of a mentor is to guide you through his own experiences to equip you to avoid pitfalls, guide you to success, while a partner is to complement you maybe as a financial partner,or technical partner,or as an administrative partner or the likes.
I would prefer a well experienced mentor over a partners. Partners at a point tends to look out for their self wheres as mentors strives to make you better

I will prefer having a mentor to guide me ,it shld be someone who has been into business and is still in business so I can get advice despite changes in trends and develop a good market strategy.

I think they are two different things and as such equate to different scenarios. You can have a mentor as a partner or have a mentor and a partner, one doesn't stop the other.

I think is really good to have a mentor in a business so to help you build up your business, because having a mentor in a business can help one to have more experience in the business.

A mentor r guides and direct you and advices you on the right way to do things but a partner helps and assists you in doing lmost of the things. The both of them are necessary but I would go for a mentor who guides and direct me on how to get the job done .

both of them are good for me,but a partner is also a best adviser in a business ,you've made mention of it clear when you have a partner you have the same experience that he or she has ,but a mentor won't give you the best you need.

On a personal basis,the two are very important,because for a mentor his wealth of experience will come to play in the venture or area you would be needing his help,he has gone ahead and have the neccesary exposure.

As you are walking the ladder up, you can choose to have a partner so that both of you can work things out. But you can not do it without a mentor. So I will say, having a mentor is the first step before having a partner. Don't learn from your mistakes but the mistakes of others. If you do, you might have run losses.

Well. In the real sense of it. A partner is completely different from a mentor. A partner is someone that sees you as himself and you see your journey as suited together while a mentor is he who tells you the potential risk advantages in a thing you're yet to do

I think is really good to have a mentor in a business so to help you build up your business, because having a mentor in a business can help one to have more experience in the business.
From your point of view, do you see a mentor as being better than a partner? Personally I think looking at it form another angle, a partner would want to put in more effort in the growth of the business simply because if the business fails, he has something to loose as well.

In all honesty, I prefer to have a mentor who have been experienced and who will coach, guide and direct me on what to do, what to avoid and how to utilise my resources effectively.

I would prefer to have a partner instead of mentor. When I have a partner, I can share loss with the partner. when I have a partner, and if I need funds for investment, I can easily use partner's money.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back