What's new

Having a mentor vs having a partner?

Having a partner is quite different from having a mentor. A mentor guides you through the journey. A partner is one that you journey together, you pool your resources together

Based on the horrible experience I have with partnership business, I would never go with a partnership business rather I would prefer to stick with a mentorship program.

Based on the horrible experience I have with partnership business, I would never go with a partnership business rather I would prefer to stick with a mentorship program.
It could be some misunderstanding that could be understandable by some people and not understandable by other people so each one each capacity to handle montorship.

A partner is also very important. A mentor may just be anyone that gives you directions on how to operate the business , this does not mean that they have to directly involved in running the affairs of the business. A partner will definitely be the one to stick with you to carry out your business responsibilities everyday.

Actually having both a mentor and a partner is very important and sometimes people or business entrepreneurs do have both of them. I will prefer a mentor compared to having a partner because you can learn alot from them.

I would never subscribed to having partners in the business because the experience I've had with partnership is not really good. I would prefer mentorship program, which is probably the best.

Partnership business is a kind of business that I would never involve myself into. I prefer to go into mentorship program before I put my money on any business because that is probably the best thing to do whenever you are starting up a business.

I have seen the positive and also the negative aspect of having a partners in business and i am sure the negative aspect is more than the positive and thats why i prefer doing my business alone.
Partnership business is a kind of business that I would never involve myself into. I prefer to go into mentorship program before I put my money on any business because that is probably the best thing to do whenever you are starting up a business.

I have seen the positive and also the negative aspect of having a partners in business and i am sure the negative aspect is more than the positive and thats why i prefer doing my business alone.
Partnership business is not really encouraging in this part of the world, because there will be a lot of plans to sideline you out of the business by your partner.

These are two different people In this picture..a mentor is a person that can guide and direct you, give you relevant information concerning real life situation... where as a life partner is someone you have committed your entire life too, so these are two different people.

So we'll I know alot of people would vote for having a mentor but read this first.

So my theory is that, when you want a mentor you're probably looking for someone above you right??

And a partner will have to be someone in your level or a bit higher or lower.

So which is better ? I will say partner because when you have a mentor he is going to train and teach you how things worked in his time, when he was starting out...
And we all know strategies change, algorithms waver and fluctuate, so their advice might not be the best for a start up.

But a partner is someone that is in the same field and sometimes in the same level and who is also working hard and smart like you, and figuring out new strategies to benefit the both of you, while you do the same.

So you two will figure things out that currently works for startups.
(This doesn't mean a mentor is completely ruled out but their opinions and help will also be helpful after you conduct research on them 😉😀😄)
Having either a mentor or a partner in business, I will like to have both a mentor and a partner to help me in the growth of my businesses and increase my business knowledge

Both of them will have a positive impact in your business, I will not say the mentor will be the best because all of them will contribute positively to the growth of a particular business organisation.

It is better to have meant mentors than to have partners because partnership business always end up with a sad story. Partnership is an area that I will not want to him involve myself in.

It is better to have meant mentors than to have partners because partnership business always end up with a sad story. Partnership is an area that I will not want to him involve myself in.
having a mentor is more important because he or she has experience of how the particular business works but your partner may not have that experience. I don't think partnership business always ends in a sad story because there should be a legal agreement.

having a mentor is more important because he or she has experience of how the particular business works but your partner may not have that experience. I don't think partnership business always ends in a sad story because there should be a legal agreement.
Having a mentor is good but I think having a partner is better. A partner will also give you advise and contribute financially to the running of the business enterprise.

Having a mentor is good but I think having a partner is better. A partner will also give you advise and contribute financially to the running of the business enterprise.
A mentor is someone who is very much experienced in a particular business venture and is ready to guide you. A partner is also very good but experience is what makes a mentor better.

A mentor is someone who is very much experienced in a particular business venture and is ready to guide you. A partner is also very good but experience is what makes a mentor better.
You have made a very good point. However, I think partnership has an edge over mentorship because a partner will always contribute financially to the business and also bear the risks alongside.

You have made a very good point. However, I think partnership has an edge over mentorship because a partner will always contribute financially to the business and also bear the risks alongside.
Of course I know that a partner will contribute financially and a lot of other things. if you are not financially stable having a partner should be your main focus than having a mentor, even though they are both very important.

Of course I know that a partner will contribute financially and a lot of other things. if you are not financially stable having a partner should be your main focus than having a mentor, even though they are both very important.
Thank you for taking time to summarize it. Having both mentorship and a good partner is very ideal for a business. This is because the business will have both financial and advisory input from both sources.

Thank you for taking time to summarize it. Having both mentorship and a good partner is very ideal for a business. This is because the business will have both financial and advisory input from both sources.
Probably, the thing is that you can even have a business partner and also have a mentor. But the topic is telling us to choose between the two that's why I had to make my earlier input.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back