What's new

Have you ever hired an employee to a higher position?

Well, in many workplaces, politics make it impossible for many talented people to get promoted. Some people might be preferred or favoured over the others.
That is actually very bad. What kind of work is it?. is it government owned or privately owned. I know that in the public sector and there are a lot of politics being played there.

I think that won't be a bad decision most especially when you can't handle the position yourself so definitely you most need to hire someone who can take care of your business in that position.

If I had a business, I would do that too. Give them the right positions according to their talents, abilities and skills. Instead of hiring someone from outside to fill a high position, I would promote a qualified person within my workforce.
I know a boss who does not want tonpromote her worker because her worker seems to be very vibrant and hardworking but it is not good. The lady deserves the promotion already.

Have you ever hired an employee of yours to a higher position? Maybe it was because they did great work in the previous job and wanted to give them a better position or a new title. I can't say I have, but if I ran my own business and had employees, I would for sure give them new jobs depending on their talents. What about you?

I believe that this is all about promoting your employee to a higher position because they did very well in the previous junior position that they take care of. I've done this on more than one occasion with the people that are helping me to run my poultry and fish farm business because they are more committed to the tasks that I gave them initially and I had to promote them to a better position.

Well I am not a worker yeah, but so far I am hearing in my country it is very hard for bosses at there working places to accept someone who has more higher qualifications then them.

Every company has its own hierarchy of position. Surely one position has to be higher than a few other ones and you have no choice than to employ someone there.

It is mandatory for it company to hire an employee to higher positions if the position is vacant because it is the right thing to do for the business to keep running without any break.

Yes I would, since the employee has proven that he is worthy of that position.
Why would I deny of that privilege? For me, I look out for competency first, and If he is we are good to go.

Everyone has a luck of job and position sometimes you will see someone with alot of qualifications, skills and the potential to be at the highest position, but will not be given such position to explore his skills

Actually to hired an employee, to a higher position is not a bad idea simply because there are some position in the business that you can not handle sometimes and you need someone to be there in your behalf

If the position is actually vacant in a company and someone with a better qualification is needed to fill that vacancy, then there is nothing wrong with hiring someone suitable to fill that role and carry out the needed responsibilities.

Well except it is absolutely necessary. It is not really nice to hire someone into a very high position when you haven't taken your time to understand who the person is.
If it's possible I rather upgrade people I have worked with for sometimes and I know their character to the higher position rather than hiring people directly to it.

No, i have never hired an employee to a higher position. This is because i don't own a business for now. I believe hiring and employee to a higher position because they've been doing well is a good thing because it motivates other employees to work harder.

Well it depends on how good the employees is and the kind of business or job he do.

to an extent, we can trust our employees most especially when they are been delegent in their services.

The qualifications of the employee is something that will determine if he or she should be hired to a higher position. Their working experience is also another thing that will determine.

If a staff has proven competent for a certain level, I would definitely place him on that position. I heard of a story of a man that applied as a security but was absorbed in accounting department because he was a sound accountant by training.

If a staff has proven competent for a certain level, I would definitely place him on that position. I heard of a story of a man that applied as a security but was absorbed in accounting department because he was a sound accountant by training.
You need to remember that such people have not worked for your company before. So the way you can determine if they are competent enough is their level of experience. The kind of companies they have worked for before.

Actually hiring an employee to a higher position is not something bad, I think it depends on the kind of work the person might have been into and his willingness to make more effort for the success of the organisation.

That is very true. The employee that has been with you for a long time deserves to be promoted. Especially if they have been great and gained experience and skills.
You are right. The successful business owners, if you study them, are people that know how to retain their best brain for long time. And one way of retaining best brain is by promoting and appointing them to key position.

You are right. The successful business owners, if you study them, are people that know how to retain their best brain for long time. And one way of retaining best brain is by promoting and appointing them to key position.
That is right. Businesses benefit a lot from people who have been working in the company for a long time. Those people have so much knowledge about the operations of the business and are mostly very loyal to the company.

You need to remember that such people have not worked for your company before. So the way you can determine if they are competent enough is their level of experience. The kind of companies they have worked for before.
On the flip side, why would you keep someone competent at a lower level. What if another organization picks him up and offers him a higher position, he would leave.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back