What's new

Getting yelled at?

Such kind of behavior is not tolerated in the company I work for. They have a portal where you can complain about the person who misbehaves with you and a legal team will be taking actions against it. It might result in the manager getting fired as well.
Managers are not above being sacked when they crossed the line they are not supposed to. The foolish one's who lord themselves over their staffs end up dancing to the music tunes when the law is used in their case or behaviour with full force.

Managers are not above being sacked when they crossed the line they are not supposed to. The foolish one's who lord themselves over their staffs end up dancing to the music tunes when the law is used in their case or behaviour with full force.

The only person who is above being sacked in any kind of business environment is the business owner because everything about the business answers to him finally. So, any other staff who is working for your company or business will always have to abide by the rules that are set by the company otherwise the person is going to face the consequences.

The only person who is above being sacked in any kind of business environment is the business owner because everything about the business answers to him finally. So, any other staff who is working for your company or business will always have to abide by the rules that are set by the company otherwise the person is going to face the consequences.
You can't argue with your final boss who's the head of the business. If anything led to him yelling at you, it's either you overlook it and keep doing your work or quit the job. The latter won't be my first choice unless I also was abused frequently.

I personally don't talk back at my employer though matter what happens, instead I pick the positives out of what they're saying and improve on that but it all depends on what they're yelling for because some employer just yell due to transfer of aggression and frustration.

It's just in the nature of some employers to act like animals simply because they are paying your salaries. Talking back at them won't do you as their worker any good. They may either sack you for being disrespectful to them or suspend you from working without payment for a long time. It's going to be as if you were sacked but you're not.

It's just in the nature of some employers to act like animals simply because they are paying your salaries. Talking back at them won't do you as their worker any good. They may either sack you for being disrespectful to them or suspend you from working without payment for a long time. It's going to be as if you were sacked but you're not.
There was a company I worked in where I'm always avoiding any confrontation with my boss as I will be yelled at consistently. The first day I was yelled at on the job, I felt depressed at work and couldn't work much. After the incident, I avoided my boss like a plague.

You can't argue with your final boss who's the head of the business. If anything led to him yelling at you, it's either you overlook it and keep doing your work or quit the job. The latter won't be my first choice unless I also was abused frequently.

The good thing is that the employees have the option to leave. However, this is possible under certain circumstances only. if you live in a place where nothing can stop you from leaving the job, then I do not see any reason for staying with such kind of boss.

It really depends on your personal circumstances. I’ve been fortunate enough so far to not get yelled at by management in both of the companies I’ve worked for. I’ve had some of the loveliest managers, even when I’ve made massive mistakes. However with my current job, as I work in different pubs and service stations, I’ve had managers of those establishments yell at me or talk down to me. It’s funny looking back at it because I’ve handled it very differently throughout.

For example, last year I did my absolute best to remain professional and took it all on the chin, apologising even when it wasn’t my fault. It did upset me a little and put me in a bad mood however I never showed it. You have to look and act strong to avoid being walked over.

However since I’m most likely leaving my job next month to start university, my mindset has changed and recently I don’t take any of it unless it really is my fault, in which case I accept all responsibility. Just the other week, I threatened to walk out if the manager carried on talking to me the way she did, which would have looked very bad on her and caused issues for the company, at which point she just stormed off and left me alone. End of the day, I’m leaving anyway so the fear of being reported isn’t my concern. I still act professional in general of course, it’s in my nature, however I’m a lot more vocal and will stand up for myself, even if it’s pushing unprofessionalism if provoked. Some managers just enjoy the power trip.

When I find a new job, that will of course change and I’ll go back to the way I was when I cared about keeping my job.

It really depends on your personal circumstances. I’ve been fortunate enough so far to not get yelled at by management in both of the companies I’ve worked for. I’ve had some of the loveliest managers, even when I’ve made massive mistakes. However with my current job, as I work in different pubs and service stations, I’ve had managers of those establishments yell at me or talk down to me. It’s funny looking back at it because I’ve handled it very differently throughout.

For example, last year I did my absolute best to remain professional and took it all on the chin, apologising even when it wasn’t my fault. It did upset me a little and put me in a bad mood however I never showed it. You have to look and act strong to avoid being walked over.

However since I’m most likely leaving my job next month to start university, my mindset has changed and recently I don’t take any of it unless it really is my fault, in which case I accept all responsibility. Just the other week, I threatened to walk out if the manager carried on talking to me the way she did, which would have looked very bad on her and caused issues for the company, at which point she just stormed off and left me alone. End of the day, I’m leaving anyway so the fear of being reported isn’t my concern. I still act professional in general of course, it’s in my nature, however I’m a lot more vocal and will stand up for myself, even if it’s pushing unprofessionalism if provoked. Some managers just enjoy the power trip.

When I find a new job, that will of course change and I’ll go back to the way I was when I cared about keeping my job.

Why am I not surprised that it was a lady manager or boss that was going to do such to you in your current job. It's as if opposite sex bosses usually have a thing against one or two staffs they manage. She might like you for other intention but can't say it and that makes her react and treat you like garbage. I have been in a similar situation once, and in the end I resigned from the job effective immediately.

It's good that you're leaving for university, so it's a new chapter in your life and that's a priority. You need your sanity to go in there and not feeling negative psychological effects of allowing her walk over you.

There was a company I worked in where I'm always avoiding any confrontation with my boss as I will be yelled at consistently. The first day I was yelled at on the job, I felt depressed at work and couldn't work much. After the incident, I avoided my boss like a plague.

I think that employees may generally avoid a boss who always yells and they may interact with such bosses only when they need to do so. I think that many bosses could possibly notice this and this is where the workplace environment gets bad.

I think that employees may generally avoid a boss who always yells and they may interact with such bosses only when they need to do so. I think that many bosses could possibly notice this and this is where the workplace environment gets bad.
For the sake of those workers sanity, they should avoid those kind of bosses because anything which led them to talk to you won't be to a pleasant end. You're going to wish the event never took place because they will talk down and walk all over you.

For the sake of those workers sanity, they should avoid those kind of bosses because anything which led them to talk to you won't be to a pleasant end. You're going to wish the event never took place because they will talk down and walk all over you.

Well, I am sure that if a boss yells at an employee, then there should be a reason for that. However, if a boss is yelling for really small reasons, then this may be a big issue and maybe the boss may need to engage in anger management therapy that could possibly help him.

A boss who's usually fond of yelling doesn't even see anything that's wrong in doing it. They normally see it as talking the way they are expected to their workers but they are so very wrong. I hope never to yell to my workers in the future.

Has a manager ever yelled at you at work, in front of customers and other colleagues? If so, how did you respond or react and what were the circumstances that led up to the manager yelling at you?

One time, I was leaning and my boss came in and yelled saying you’re not allowed to lean. I just told him I’m tired from working two jobs as this one doesn’t pay enough, and I note your frustration.

I have heard of stories from friends that have yelled back at their boss but this doesn’t usually end well for them
Yes ooo, many times because I have worked in many places. My first experience wasn't funny. I cried and went back home. But I am used to that now, I can withstand any form of pressure.

A boss who's usually fond of yelling doesn't even see anything that's wrong in doing it. They normally see it as talking the way they are expected to their workers but they are so very wrong. I hope never to yell to my workers in the future.

According to my experience, such kind of people could be spotted quite easily. I once met a "boss" who tried to dominate and tried to get an upper hand on me on the first day. This made me think many times about working for him.

Yes ooo, many times because I have worked in many places. My first experience wasn't funny. I cried and went back home. But I am used to that now, I can withstand any form of pressure.

There are some workers who get depressed passing through such experience and that's the reason why they can't stay and take it for too long. You had a stronger mentality that allowed you absorb everything that happened and still stayed on the job.

There are some workers who get depressed passing through such experience and that's the reason why they can't stay and take it for too long. You had a stronger mentality that allowed you absorb everything that happened and still stayed on the job.

There are many people who are already suffering from many problems in their personal lives. What's quite worse is the fact that despite all this, they have to face a mad boss at the workplace. This is something which is quite heartbreaking, unfortunately. :(

Well, I am sure that if a boss yells at an employee, then there should be a reason for that. However, if a boss is yelling for really small reasons, then this may be a big issue and maybe the boss may need to engage in anger management therapy that could possibly help him.
Yelling is wrong. It doesn't matter what the employee have done wrong. Call them to order but don't do it by yelling at them. They are not kids to be yelled at and because you've employed them to work for you doesn't give you the right to yell at them. Everyone deserves to be respected.

Yelling is wrong. It doesn't matter what the employee have done wrong. Call them to order but don't do it by yelling at them. They are not kids to be yelled at and because you've employed them to work for you doesn't give you the right to yell at them. Everyone deserves to be respected.

I think that a person should be lenient when it comes to dealing with such kind of problems. Sometimes politeness solves many problems. Yelling each and every day is not only harmful for the employees, but it is also quite harmful for employers' health as well.

I think that a person should be lenient when it comes to dealing with such kind of problems. Sometimes politeness solves many problems. Yelling each and every day is not only harmful for the employees, but it is also quite harmful for employers' health as well.
If you can't manage your workers when they are at their worst, you're not supposed to take any credit when they are performing at their best. It's when they are not doing you have work to do and you're expected to do it in a good manner and behavior.

If you can't manage your workers when they are at their worst, you're not supposed to take any credit when they are performing at their best. It's when they are not doing you have work to do and you're expected to do it in a good manner and behavior.

Well, our manager never used to praise employees in front of them. This is because he thought that employees would start under-performing. This is never the case all the time. if I were being credited for my work and if I were being praised for my efforts, then I would try to perform much better in that case.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back