Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
Have you ever hired mods from a competing forum to moderate yours instead? I have never pulled people from another site or forum, as I don't work that way. I usually hire mods from my user pool, as in I hire a mod from the userbase usually, which means I don't pull them from other peoples sites.

But, have you ever hired a mod from another site? Or did one of your mods leave your forum to go elsewhere?

It doesn't seem as a smart idea in most of the cases as for example competitive forum means he could transfer his experience from the old forum to yours or your experience to another competitor forum. This is my point of view only.

There's a new policy that's going on now when it comes to hiring staffs. Most forums are going on an exclusive with their staff members. They don't allow shared loyalty with a direct competition. It's all up to the staff to decide where is best for them to work and move over there. I work on AJ and they have a strict policy against working for FP which is a direct competition.

This was never something I ever saw years back when it came to hiring staff members on forums who are also staff on other forums but since coming back in 2022 and staying around forums for as long as I have so far, I have noticed there seems to be a lot more competition between forums which is a shame.

Now I tend to see that most forums have exclusive staff and refuse to hire someone on another forum or will request that they leave other staff positions instead of trusting the person they want to hire or even just getting on and making the forum world a better one for everyone.

It's a shame but it happens.

This was never something I ever saw years back when it came to hiring staff members on forums who are also staff on other forums but since coming back in 2022 and staying around forums for as long as I have so far, I have noticed there seems to be a lot more competition between forums which is a shame.

Now I tend to see that most forums have exclusive staff and refuse to hire someone on another forum or will request that they leave other staff positions instead of trusting the person they want to hire or even just getting on and making the forum world a better one for everyone.

It's a shame but it happens.

There's an adage in my country that goes like this - " A toad doesn't run in the afternoon for nothing and there's something that made a crayfish to bend".

It wasn't like this years ago but something happened along the line. Some of these forums doesn't like competition and when they have it, they will start behaving in a very stupid way. I was sacked from working as a staff in FP because I was a hired as a staff on Bizdustry. There was no former arrangement that I wasn't allowed to work as a staff on Bizdustry but because of their pettiness, they acted so unprofessional. As far as I'm concerned, FP started the madness of sacking their staff because they worked for another rival or another forum owner they had a beef with. They did the same thing with Admin-junkies.com owner, generally they are totally unprofessional.

If we are looking at blaming this new development on anyone, FP is the culprit for it.

It doesn't seem as a smart idea in most of the cases as for example competitive forum means he could transfer his experience from the old forum to yours or your experience to another competitor forum. This is my point of view only.

Well, I don't see a big issue with working on two forums. The issue come when there is jealousy or gossips going around and it tends to bring a division among forums. However, whether I am staff on one or more forums, my aim will always be to give my best at the end of the day.

Well, I don't see a big issue with working on two forums. The issue come when there is jealousy or gossips going around and it tends to bring a division among forums. However, whether I am staff on one or more forums, my aim will always be to give my best at the end of the day.

Initially, I don't have any problems with working as a staff in several forums that are into competition. I have always been neutral with how I worked on both of them until I was treated like crap and swept under the rug by one rival. Since then, I decided to choose. There's nothing that's going make me ever return to their staff team for any reason whatsoever.

There's an adage in my country that goes like this - " A toad doesn't run in the afternoon for nothing and there's something that made a crayfish to bend".

It wasn't like this years ago but something happened along the line. Some of these forums doesn't like competition and when they have it, they will start behaving in a very stupid way. I was sacked from working as a staff in FP because I was a hired as a staff on Bizdustry. There was no former arrangement that I wasn't allowed to work as a staff on Bizdustry but because of their pettiness, they acted so unprofessional. As far as I'm concerned, FP started the madness of sacking their staff because they worked for another rival or another forum owner they had a beef with. They did the same thing with Admin-junkies.com owner, generally they are totally unprofessional.

If we are looking at blaming this new development on anyone, FP is the culprit for it.

I was shocked by what Forum Promotion did to me too as their posting package team member. I've never experienced the likes of such treatment from any promotional forum. It was as if the forum was run by kids for them to do what they did.

I was shocked by what Forum Promotion did to me too as their posting package team member. I've never experienced the likes of such treatment from any promotional forum. It was as if the forum was run by kids for them to do what they did.

Well, it's a thing of the past right now because we have all moved on from the whole disastrously mishandled situation that went down in the forum. They have paid the price for their poor management and treatment of their staff members because from what I have gathered, they are struggling to replace the staffs they threw under the bus.

I have three forums. There are a lot of forums that are in the same niche. However, I have never tried hiring any moderators from these forums. I don't think I would ever do that. However, I have see a lot of forums hiring moderators from competitor forum and this has created some fights.

I have three forums. There are a lot of forums that are in the same niche. However, I have never tried hiring any moderators from these forums. I don't think I would ever do that. However, I have see a lot of forums hiring moderators from competitor forum and this has created some fights.

This wouldn't create any fight if one of competitors isn't acting like a mosquito which was sprayed with an insecticide. I don't want to go into details but I'm sure you're aware of what I'm talking about because the same thing affected you too.

Personally, I don't have any problems with hiring anyone from a competitor's forum. As long as there's a level of maturity and mutual understanding between those rival and competitor forums, they respect each other. It's just like how Admin-junkies.com doesn't have problems with their staff being on Bizdustry.

Of course it depends from if someone could do moderation work by himself or need external help. Big majority of people opt for option two because half of week they have offline work and cannot moderate 50 topics a day or 100 topics if there is a lot of participation on their forum. So the work will be multiplied by 3 if 3 ones.

Of course it depends from if someone could do moderation work by himself or need external help. Big majority of people opt for option two because half of week they have offline work and cannot moderate 50 topics a day or 100 topics if there is a lot of participation on their forum. So the work will be multiplied by 3 if 3 ones.
Unless you have spent a lot of money in marketing your forum and paying incentives for posting, it is quite impossible to get a lot of activities on your forums, you might not even have 5 posts on your forum every day let along getting 50 posts. It is really difficult to get members and activities, therefore, most of the time forum owners do not even need mods.

Unless you have spent a lot of money in marketing your forum and paying incentives for posting, it is quite impossible to get a lot of activities on your forums, you might not even have 5 posts on your forum every day let along getting 50 posts. It is really difficult to get members and activities, therefore, most of the time forum owners do not even need mods.
This is exactly the case one where forum owner doesn't order posting package and doesn't enable PTP reward program then 5 posts a day could be even moderated on weekend on Sunday and Saturday during the end of offline work journey that is 35 replies a week means 1 hour of moderation is enough.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back