What's new

Ever revert a site into a forum? Or the other way around?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
Have you ever reverted from a website into a forum? Or the other way around? I have converted many sites to forums and forums to sites. I mainly find there's no need for the forum or Id rather change it to a forum. Just depends on the site. What about you? Do you ever revert your site into a different type of site?

No, but I can see the reason why in cases where a forum could not be developed for one reason or another or in the opposite direction, there might seem to be so many blog comments that you figure: "Why not make a forum?".

I have done this multiple times, I started a site as a blog, and then removed the bog and installed forum software to create a forum. I have also removed forums to create a blog in the domain. However, these days, instead of removing the old site to create a new site, I just add a new functionality, for instance, instead of removing a blog to create a forum, I run forum and blog on the same domain.

No, but I can see the reason why in cases where a forum could not be developed for one reason or another or in the opposite direction, there might seem to be so many blog comments that you figure: "Why not make a forum?".
Yeah that's a good way of putting it. Maybe the site gets a ton of comments and replies, so a forum could be a fun change. Could still be a blog on the side as well.
I have done this multiple times, I started a site as a blog, and then removed the bog and installed forum software to create a forum. I have also removed forums to create a blog in the domain. However, these days, instead of removing the old site to create a new site, I just add a new functionality, for instance, instead of removing a blog to create a forum, I run forum and blog on the same domain.
That's exactly what I have done in the past. If my site gets a ton of activity I usually add a forum at some point. Sometimes I have one right out of the gate. But other times I don't see a point in it, but later change my mind.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back