What's new

Ever get traffic from confusing locations?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
I usually get traffic from the US and Canada, maybe a bit in Mexico, but that's mainly it. But, there have been times where I'd get traffic from places I never knew people were accessing my site from. Like the UK, Japan, and a few other countries. It's quite cool to see traffic from places you don't expect.

Anytime it is from a weird or random location, it is almost always a bot. I seldom see actual people viewing my sites form outside the US. If I do, it is in the UK, Sweden, Canada, Mexico, or Australia.

It's not confusing if the traffic is due to a specific keyword used in searching. I don't think there is something to worry with that.

I usually get traffic from the US and Canada, maybe a bit in Mexico, but that's mainly it. But, there have been times where I'd get traffic from places I never knew people were accessing my site from. Like the UK, Japan, and a few other countries. It's quite cool to see traffic from places you don't expect.

I believe that one of the reason why you seem to get traffic from location that you never expected on your website is for some reasons that your website link must have been shared to people in such location. It gives a great feeling no doubt.

I once had a crypto niche forum that used to get traffic from Baidu. Baidu is China based search engine mainly used in mainland China. The traffic confused me because my site was a crypto niche and Crypto was banned in China.

I once had a crypto niche forum that used to get traffic from Baidu. Baidu is China based search engine mainly used in mainland China. The traffic confused me because my site was a crypto niche and Crypto was banned in China.

Personally I would also be surprised if I should get traffic from China running a cryptocurrency niche website because it doesn't tally well for people in China to be accessing a cryptocurrency site when they don't make use of it in their country.

It's not confusing if the traffic is due to a specific keyword used in searching. I don't think there is something to worry with that.

Yes, you're right. There is nothing to worry about because not every traffic is malicious or intentional but rather a result of human error, technical glitches, or misconfigurations.

So, it's important to analyze your website analytics and track the traffic sources to understand the patterns and identify any unintentional traffic sources.

Yeah, that's very correct. As long as it's not a traffic from bots, there's absolutely nothing to worry about it. There's a good chance you might convert one of those traffic to a buying customers if you have something to sell.

I get traffic from some areas that I think are probably spammers checking me out. I guess I'm not very trusting. I'm glad to read here that some of that traffic probably isn't malicious.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back