What's new

Ever deal with someone who bought up an old domain of yours?

I have worked with a friend of mine who has bought an old domain of mine in the past. I sold off this domain even before I started this domain flipping business that I am currently doing.

Domaining is one of the most lucrative businesses online presently. Even though, I have never sold any domain before but I will buy this year.

I have never sold domains alone, I only sell websites (with domains of course). Some of my buyers were also my clients for a long time, I worked as a content developer and marketer

not me, but Google actually, they forgot that one of their domains expired then a guy bought it in the last mins before it got renewed, i'm sure he made lot of money from doing that xD

I have never purchased a domain, therefore, I have never sold a domain (just because I have never owned a domain). By the way how do you find who owns a domain.

Domaining needs one to be very sharp and be observant because if he leaves his domain name to expire another person may buy it up and register.

It is possible even though I am not the person in concerned I have heard a number of my friends who are into.the domain business and they have come across such experience.

I've never really been in the business of selling their website domain but from what I hear online, it's something that is actually lucrative for those that are into it.

My friend luckily bought a domain which was not gaining high traffic and as the real owner saw the turn around on the domain he pleaded endlessly to retrieve it and my friend after much persuasion flipped it for a very high sum and he paid without hesitation!

Well it is very possible but to me I can't buy a domain that I haven't gotten clear information about and having domain that is confusing makes it difficult for access

When it comes to domains, it really comes down to whoever gets the domain first. So this means, if you want your site in your name, and someone owns that domain, you will have to purchase that domain. And even so, there's no garauntee they will sell. I've heard of people buying up domains of popular brands, in the hopes the companies will buy their domain. Usually when this happens though, the person just calls the place who sold the domain and request it. I think if you owned the domain for a long time, it's a different story.

Anyway, have you ever had to deal with someone who bought an old domain of yours? Maybe you tried to buy an old domain that you let go a while back, and then someone picked it up. Were you ever able to get an old domain back?
Personally, I have never had the misfortune to find myself in such a tight and tough situation. Most people in this situation would be forced to pay what they never planned for.

I have seen incident that like,previous company was using the domain,so the guy bought the doimain and sold it out to someone at night rate.

The key to a good domain name is simplicity, so be careful not to complicate your name in an attempt to find one that’s available. For example, avoid things like hyphens, numbers or funny spellings—they’re hard to type and remember, and can lower the perceived credibility of your website. It’s better to go with a simpler second choice for a domain name than to over complicate your domain in an attempt to get closer to your original pick.

I have managed websites for a lot of people who actually bought the website from me. I managed the websites for clients who bought from me. I managed the websites until they sold to other people. Interestingly, i earned more from website management than from selling it.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back