What's new

Ever deal with someone who bought up an old domain of yours?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
When it comes to domains, it really comes down to whoever gets the domain first. So this means, if you want your site in your name, and someone owns that domain, you will have to purchase that domain. And even so, there's no garauntee they will sell. I've heard of people buying up domains of popular brands, in the hopes the companies will buy their domain. Usually when this happens though, the person just calls the place who sold the domain and request it. I think if you owned the domain for a long time, it's a different story.

Anyway, have you ever had to deal with someone who bought an old domain of yours? Maybe you tried to buy an old domain that you let go a while back, and then someone picked it up. Were you ever able to get an old domain back?

When it comes to domains, it really comes down to whoever gets the domain first. So this means, if you want your site in your name, and someone owns that domain, you will have to purchase that domain. And even so, there's no garauntee they will sell. I've heard of people buying up domains of popular brands, in the hopes the companies will buy their domain. Usually when this happens though, the person just calls the place who sold the domain and request it. I think if you owned the domain for a long time, it's a different story.

Anyway, have you ever had to deal with someone who bought an old domain of yours? Maybe you tried to buy an old domain that you let go a while back, and then someone picked it up. Were you ever able to get an old domain back?
Yeah , i've sold my domain once to a company that for some reason was interested in it, it was a .com domain and my project was on hold at that time so i sold it , and the deal ended up with 3x the price of the original amount i paid , soon i'll be buying it back as the company is shutting down and its value has dropped immensely.

I have seen two different site using same domain name but their little difference in the domain. For example; a domain name of Bitcoinlive.io and bitcoinlive.com looks the same but little differentiation. So I don't think you their will be same domain tug of war. Unless you don't want same trademark with another website. That's when you will feel annoyed feeling bemused.

I once built a website and then later sold it to another guy. When I sold the site, it was earning via Adsense. One day I just remembered the site and checked it. There were no ads. I contacted the person and told him that I can help to get him approved for adsesne. he agreed. For a small price, I helped to get the site approved. Then he offered me to do the marketing. I marked his site for six months and earned more money compared to the selling price of the website. Later he sold the site for 300 percent profits.

No I have never faced such a situation in which I have to deal with such a person who has bought me an old domain. I am no doubt interested in web designing but I not bought any domain yet.

I have managed websites for a lot of people who actually bought the website from me. I managed the websites for clients who bought from me. I managed the websites until they sold to other people. Interestingly, i earned more from website management than from selling it.

Yes this is very possible. I once had a friend who registered a domain name for a business who is yet to design a website for their business. The Business owner later contacted my friend after registering the domain name and kept it on the web with it's contact. They later agreed on an amount and he transfered the domain to the business owner.

Yes I have sold an old domain before. I bought the domain for $30 and I have used the domain name for close to two years before selling it. The person that I sold it to paid about $300 for the domain and I made a good profit.

Yes, I have sold one of my domain before, I uploaded the domain details of a site that connects sellers to buyers, and after about a week, I received a message to accept the offer of a particular amount or the order will be canceled and money returned to buyer... I evaluate it and discover am in good profit and I accepted the offer.

I have never had one so I haven't sold any but I've heard about a popular music artiste struggle to have a domain on his name but it was originally owned by another person, he had to plead and purchase it at a huge sum of money from the person.

I was asked by a friend to help a celebrity create her own website. The first issue that we discussed was the domain name. Of course, my friend who is a fan of the celebrity said that it should be the name of the celebrity. But unfortunately the domain name in dot com was already owned by someone. They do not want another domain provide, just the dot com. What I did was to email the owner but there was no response. We dropped that subject so we could move on. But if ever the owner of the domain will sell it to us I don't think we would buy it.

Yes this is very possible. I once had a friend who registered a domain name for a business who is yet to design a website for their business. The Business owner later contacted my friend after registering the domain name and kept it on the web with it's contact. They later agreed on an amount and he transfered the domain to the business owner.

I have not had an experience like that but I think it's very possible. A business could buy your domain for some reasons and then their plans do not work out. In most cases, they are forced to sell it and it's usually at a discount. Most of them like to sell back to the original seller or at least advertise it to him if he's interested.

I have not had an experience like that but I think it's very possible. A business could buy your domain for some reasons and then their plans do not work out. In most cases, they are forced to sell it and it's usually at a discount. Most of them like to sell back to the original seller or at least advertise it to him if he's interested.
Okay, sometimes it is like that. We might buy a domain name and after much time evaluating our plans to utilize it the best possible way. We might find it not suiting to our plans, the best to do, its advertise it and flip it up. I can't buy a domain that i never had clear indication for.

I am not yet into this business. However, sometime back I read a story from a domain flipper who sold a domain for $50 and a year later this guy sold that domain for $500. That's a good profit.

One of my clients bought a website along with a domain for $400, one year late he sold the website and domain for $1200. Interestingly, for one year, I was for marketer for this client. and earned about $800 as marketer.

I have a friend who bought a domain name that was previously owned by a successful business man and he sold the domain to the man at a very high rate because the man was desperately in need of it.

I have seen two different site using same domain name but their little difference in the domain. For example; a domain name of Bitcoinlive.io and bitcoinlive.com looks the same but little differentiation. So I don't think you their will be same domain tug of war. Unless you don't want same trademark with another website. That's when you will feel annoyed feeling bemused.

I do agree that there should not be any problem if the ending of the domain is different. However, this usually causes conflict and it can confuse people severely. If a website with the similar domain becomes a scam, then it will affect the reputation of other websites that have the similar domain name.

I'm not into domain flipping business, nor have involved in buying old domains in which i sold off back. I have basic idea around domain flipping but not yet reay to go into it.

I do agree that there should not be any problem if the ending of the domain is different. However, this usually causes conflict and it can confuse people severely. If a website with the similar domain becomes a scam, then it will affect the reputation of other websites that have the similar domain name.
Yes, having a confused domain ending, makes it hard for visitors to type the website keyword. And again, if the site uses a suspicious domain that is similar to the one used by a known scammer, it has a negative impact at the site as time goes.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back