What's new

Do you see people that are retired happy ?

Quite a great number of retirees are happy, whereas there are also some that are unhappy among them. Life is not balanced they say, everybody cannot be happy at the same time, and happiness is a state of mind.

Stay healthy​

The better a person’s health, the more likely they were to say they were having a happy retirement, EBRI found. Eighty percent of people who rated their health as excellent said they were very satisfied with their retirement, compared to 26% who said their health was poor.
“When you’ve got a potential 30 or 40 years of living in retirement, you want to be able to make sure that you’re healthy and be able to enjoy it,” Rafal said.
The good news is for many retirement offers an opportunity to refocus on health and wellness, Rafal added. People have more time to focus on nutrition, exercise, and living a healthy lifestyle.

The truth is that not everyone who is retired ends up happy, some are happy while some are not. Most people while they are still in service use up all their salaries they don't think about the future and that leaves them in deep sorrow after retirement.

I am actually wondering if the people you know are retired are actually happy with what they are doing, with the time they are investing in their activities. I am asking and wondering in the same time because I want to do different stuff than them, I want to retire earlier but not on a pension but on my own business salary, wouldn t you want the same?
I have seen lots of retirees living happy after their retirement. As a matter fact, my parents are retirees and they are doing great reason because they actually invested and get prepared before retirement time so now they seat back to enjoy their old age.

Let's face it - if you have good management skills, chances are you're very independent. You are the kind of person who avoids delays in your tracks and moves forward to achieve your goals. This self-discipline improves other areas of your life, from your career to your relationships. In other words, the better you manage your time, the better your self-discipline. It will make you more successful in achieving goals in all areas of your life.

I am actually wondering if the people you know are retired are actually happy with what they are doing, with the time they are investing in their activities. I am asking and wondering in the same time because I want to do different stuff than them, I want to retire earlier but not on a pension but on my own business salary, wouldn t you want the same?
I think that is all depends on the person that we are talking about. There are some people that would be quite happy with the retirement at an early age and being able to sit at home and do minimal work because they have worked very hard over the course of their life. Therefore, this retirement gives them the opportunity to sort of enjoy all the benefits that they have managed to work through over the time that they've worked. Some people they are unable to do this. And they prefer to be active at all times and to be working. So they may venture into something else. So I think it is all based on personal preference.

This question is a good one. Honestly people who are retired are supposed to be happy in their retirement. Today you will find it difficult to see a Nigerian retiree feeling happy. Instead of being happy they are being owed pensions for years and that is why they keep protesting. This is very awful.

Most people who are retired are not happy. This is prevalent in underdeveloped countries where the government does not pay pensioners on time and when they do, the pensioners get peanuts. To be happy after retirement would depend on what you are falling back on, if it is gainful, then is more likely to be happy during that period.

Ordinarily retired people are supposed to be happy because it's time for the to rest and be enjoying the fruit of their labour. The case is always like that in advanced countries where the government or the employers have already make a good retirement plan for their employees. Reverse is the case in most African countries where the government are too greedy to make good plans for the workers. That's why you see many African civil servants lying about their age just to extend their retirement age. It's because of the fear of not getting their due gratuity and and pension. There many African retirees who have died because they couldn't get their pension from government which is not supposed to be so.

Most of the people who have a lot of desires and wishes at the last age, they may not be happy with their pension money. But o think a person can wisely life happy with his pension money if he live smartly and simply.

For a retiree to be happy, he either has an investment somewhere that he is counting on to fetch him money, or has already established a business for himself or getting funds from close family members and also through pension.
Having said all this, the best to rely on is the investment and the business set up. This will help sustain the person till death

Yes, people who are retired are happy and doing well with their pension
Pensioners are happy people because it's not easy to work for 35 years
Pensioners are happy because some of them impact knowledge to the younger people who are of the same field
Pensioners are happy because they won't be bothering of receiving command from a superior in their work place.

You made me laugh with this question. Maybe yes! Maybe no! A whole bunch of them are living the rest of their lives pursuing the government or their former employees just to get even a little of what should belong to them. Do you know how many have died in the pursuit? How can they be happy when it's only those with good connections get these things while they who really labored more during their service years aren't getting anything? How can they be happy when even their mates who gets the pensions oppress them too? It's all just messed up.

About 60 percent of retirees are very satisfied with their retirement, with another third considering their retirement moderately satisfying. Approximately eight percent are not satisfied with their retirement. Source: 2000 Health and Retirement Study and Authors' Calculations based on sample weights.

My dad retired sometime last year after working for 25 years, he was a civil servant working for the government. So after he retired, he travelled to Canada for a month vacation it was really exciting for him cause that was his first time traveling oversea.

Most of people that have retired are not some are not happy, because most people are forced out of it without reaching the time them supposed to retire, this can cost them unhappy mostly here in my country the government are not trying.

I think that, people who retired are the happiest but then we couldn't change the fact, that there are people that aren't. That's why everything that we do before retiring makes an impact and become a factor in deciding whether we are retiring happily or not.

Yes. There is no one who doesn't desire rest after hard labour. The only person thay may not be happy during his pension is those who do not save during their active work. The fact is that the money that you will be collecting as pension can nver make you happy. It is what you have saved during your active years that will do

Happiness when retired really depends on money. When you are rich and wealthy you will be able yo invest in whatever because you have the financial capacity to start business of your choice.

I know of few academics majorly professors who have retired happily after some effective years in service within the University, one of them built a good home within his rural community or hometown, a place where most retirees love to spend the rest of their lives, family is doing very good and productive and also engages in some community services even after retirement.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back