What's new

Do you leave a forum when members bully?

Heatman

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
40,000 Post Club
Apr 14, 2018
USD
$4.2900USD
Biznotes
Bullying is something that happens online very often. It's all over different social media platforms and most of the time, the bullies are not dealt with.

In a situation where forums members are bullying you or others and they are not dealt with, will you leave the forum or try to stay?

How would you react to the act of bullying?

I have left forums in the past for bullying. One of the first forums I joined as a video game forum. There was a lot of "edgy" people on the forum and they would often get into heated arguments, especially if there was any debates going on. We had a lot of arguments there. I was probably 13 or so at the time of joining the site. I remember being made fun of for my weight because I showed a picture of myself. I also remember times where they would join my first forum and spam it with offensive stuff.

So I left for a bit, came back and things sort of changed as I embraced their hate and just went with it, and instead joined in on the arguments and making fun of each other essentially. But yeah, I have left forums due to bullying. It's not fun.

I can honestly say that I’ve never been bullied online ever. I’m usually pretty polite to everyone but if it happens, I wouldn’t leave because I’ve grown accustomed to being bullied from the past, so doesn’t even phase me anymore 🌸

I have a pretty bad experience with bullying in forums. Hubpages forum was the first forum I joined. I think it was in 2012. I left the forum because of bullying. I was once hired to do paid posting on a gaming forum and the moderator started bullying me. The owner wanted me to continue posting but the moderator was nasty. I could not stand, so I left

There should be a law against online bullying. It's getting out of hand because there's no place you'd go there wouldn't be acts of bullying. I was thinking forums are free from bullies but I was wrong. I've left many forums as a result being bullied. I was bullied on Forum Promotion slightly.

Honestly speaking, I wouldn't want to stay on a forum where a lot of members are bullies. This is why I don't enjoy being on social media networks, and once I noticed we have such on forums, I always quietly take my leave.

I will first report those bullies to the site admin and moderators. If they don't restrict or ban bullies account despite repeated requests then I will definitely delete my account from there. Forums where this kind of thing happens that forum doesn't last long.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back