Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
Have you ever did a purge on your forum? As in go through old topics/posts and delete the ones that are not needed or pointless? I remember one of my first forums was spammed to hell and back. There was thousands of topics and posts made by groups of people who just wanted to make a problem. So I purged the forum and deleted all of their accounts. I also banned them from ever creating a new account. Ever since I established rules to where users have to make a certain amount of posts to be able to post topics. And I think for one forum I set a rule for new users that they can't go past 10 new topics and 20 new replies a day until they meet a certain point of posts and activity where I see they're safe.

I have done this a couple of times. One of my forums was receiving hundreds of posts daily and all of these posts were spam and low-quality content. deleting individual posts was taking so long that I had to delete the entire category. Later someone told me, I should block the spam accounts and repurpose some posts so that they look like genuine discussions.

I have done this a couple of times. One of my forums was receiving hundreds of posts daily and all of these posts were spam and low-quality content. deleting individual posts was taking so long that I had to delete the entire category. Later someone told me, I should block the spam accounts and repurpose some posts so that they look like genuine discussions.
It needs to install Stop Forum Bot or even blacklist link for users having less than 100 messages because in the 99 % of case someone signup and post a link doesn't think to create 100 quality posts before post an advert in somewhere.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back