Do You Create Forums to Make Money?

Nomad

Staff member
40,000 Post Club
Jan 5, 2021
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
Do you own a forum? Did you create a forum to make money? Well, when I started my first public forum, my primary aim was to make money. I did not make a lot of money through forum monetization but I was able to sell it for a good money. I am running two forums and making money is my first priority. If they cannot make money, I might not be able to pay for the running costs form my pockets.

I don't create forums for money at the moment. However, it seems like something interesting. Anyway, when I first started seriously into web development, I created some blogs solely for money. These employment niche blogs made a few hundred USD a month.
Do you own a forum?
I own a hobby forum, but with enough traffic, I might add some classified section to monetize. I don't like ads on it cause it cheapens the quality.

I don't like ads on it cause it cheapens the quality.
I respect your opinion, however, just because you are adding ads does not mean your site will look cheap. Check online most prestigious sites are running ads. If you have adds and if you generate revenue, it will be easier for you to offer better content and market well

I respect your opinion, however, just because you are adding ads does not mean your site will look cheap. Check online most prestigious sites are running ads. If you have adds and if you generate revenue, it will be easier for you to offer better content and market well
Well, it doesn't necessarily cheapen the quality or be something obnoxious. It depends on the niche and the crowd actually. Myself, I had a lot of ads on my employment blogs and considering the motivation of the visitors, it was actually 100 percent what they wanted.

If you are offering free content and services, I think a lot of people are ok with ads. If you have ads and if you are still charging fees for accessing content, people will go away. Have you checked the learning site called Alison? If you are free user, you see ads, if you are a paid user, there are no ads.

Do you own a forum? Did you create a forum to make money? Well, when I started my first public forum, my primary aim was to make money. I did not make a lot of money through forum monetization but I was able to sell it for a good money. I am running two forums and making money is my first priority. If they cannot make money, I might not be able to pay for the running costs form my pockets.
The idea of opening a forum has always seemed interesting to me, but I still lack knowledge according to my point of view to grow a forum and make everything go correctly, in your case, have you been successful with any of your forums? What are the biggest difficulties in your opinion of opening a forum?

I had a bad experience putting a link on this music forum way back, so I think certain forums don't like people trying to sell on it. Anyway, this site was full of people liking to pick on people, but also, I think the place wasn't welcoming affiliate links.

Well, the parent company said to post where musicians were at, but I underestimated the cynicism of such places. Forum members claimed that the affiliate program I was selling was just stuff they've seen too much already.

The idea of opening a forum has always seemed interesting to me, but I still lack knowledge according to my point of view to grow a forum and make everything go correctly, in your case, have you been successful with any of your forums? What are the biggest difficulties in your opinion of opening a forum?
I think I have done fairly well with forums. I once sold a forum for a good price, and now my two forums are not only self sustaining but also making me profits sometime. I do not find any difficulty in opening a forum but the most difficult part is bring members when you are starting out

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back