Running Forums on Your Own

Nomad

Staff member
40,000 Post Club
Jan 5, 2021
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
Do you run your forums all by yourself or do you have a team to assist you? Well, I run multiple forums and I run them by myself. But recently I felt that I really need a staff on my forums. I was not able to check my forums for a couple of days and when I went back there were over 1000 spam posts and over 300 spammer registrations.

I started by myself. But it is best to start with or get a team as quick as possible. And if you have more than one forum, you better get some extra help even quicker :)

After running multiple forums, I have understood, unlike blogs, forums cannot be managed by a single person. But the problem is the funds to hire people to work on your forum. I do not like the idea of making people work for free.

If your forum doesn't have enough traffic it will be difficult to receive funds to pay hired staff, and nowadays it is not easy to get organic traffic, so perhaps a marketing strategy is the best.

If your forum doesn't have enough traffic it will be difficult to receive funds to pay hired staff, and nowadays it is not easy to get organic traffic, so perhaps a marketing strategy is the best.
If I am not earning from my forum, I cannot pay my staff. This is one of the reasons why I do not have any staff on my forums these days. I make so little money that it is just enough for site maintenance.

I could pay staff if I wanted to, but there's no reason to have them, except as some sort of thing to make friends. Anyway, I have considered that idea.

Note: the reason I don't need staff is because spam is well under-control, and the forum has few active members.

If you have little activities and if you have a proper mechanism to control spam, staffs are not necessary, but if you can find some friends to work as a volunteer that would certainly be good as having a staff when you are away will help you out.

I could pay staff if I wanted to, but there's no reason to have them, except as some sort of thing to make friends. Anyway, I have considered that idea.

Note: the reason I don't need staff is because spam is well under-control, and the forum has few active members.
Staff can also be utilized in other activities besides getting rid of spam.
I just started a small team. They are currently keeping the forum attended and that feels awesome. I got some weight off my back.

If you have little activities and if you have a proper mechanism to control spam, staffs are not necessary, but if you can find some friends to work as a volunteer that would certainly be good as having a staff when you are away will help you out.
Volunteering is good for the resume, but, nonetheless, I don't believe in using volunteers for my forums. I can surely pay them something, even if it isn't much.

Staff can also be utilized in other activities besides getting rid of spam.
I just started a small team. They are currently keeping the forum attended and that feels awesome. I got some weight off my back.
Having staff also means you have activities on your site. I am staff on a couple of forums and on these forums most activities are from the staff. There are very few users outside staff posting regularly.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back