What's new

Do you allow appealing of ban in your forum?

Heatman

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
40,000 Post Club
Apr 14, 2018
USD
$4.2900USD
Biznotes
Banning members on forums is something that's very common especially when they don't take the forum rules and regulations very seriously. Although, there are some situations where members don't even take time to read all the forum rules and regulations which makes them break the rules unknowingly. Taking that into consideration, do you leave a ban appeal process for your banned members to appeal for it or is your ban permanently sealed?

Banning members on forums is something that's very common especially when they don't take the forum rules and regulations very seriously. Although, there are some situations where members don't even take time to read all the forum rules and regulations which makes them break the rules unknowingly. Taking that into consideration, do you leave a ban appeal process for your banned members to appeal for it or is your ban permanently sealed?

There should be some way to contact the admin of the forum. You can appeal and write to them a letter so that your case could be assessed properly. I think this is the only thing that you could do.

we only use the ban as a final decision, we do give chances to our members who did mistakes but keep repeating the same actions will let us ban them.

members or clients or even employees before they start working, they should read the rules (the things that they should do and do not) but unfortunately, most of them never waste their time doing that.

Sometimes ban could be a result of some mistakes or misunderstanding, therefore, I believe the owners should allow the banned members to make an appeal. If the appeal is genuine, the membership should be reinstated.

Well, it depends on the forum owner. Some forum don't waste time in banning any of their members who break rule. But, some sites will give member who break rules some time before banning. Those who waste no time in banning member who break rules should give room for speak.

i believe that allowing members to appeal after been banned on a forum should be allowed as some of them are done in ignorance and are not aware of such policy, so a second chance should be granted.

There must to be a mechanism to get in touch with the forum administrator.
You can submit an appeal and a letter to them so that your case can be properly evaluated.
I believe that this is your only option.

Many forum websites owner don't usually accept something like this and i actually it should not be like that. Some people are contributing more to the forum. Just one little mistake should not get them ban

Since mistakes or misunderstandings can sometimes lead to bans, I think the owners should give banned members the opportunity to appeal their bans. The membership should be reinstated if the appeal is valid.

I feel that users should indeed be permitted to challenge a suspension after being blacklisted from a forum because some of their actions are committed in carelessness and thus are unaware of these kinds of rules.

Sometimes ban could be a result of some mistakes or misunderstanding, therefore, I believe the owners should allow the banned members to make an appeal. If the appeal is genuine, the membership should be reinstated.
If you read clearly what the admin staff said above,he said regular or multiple Post of trash and forum rules violation results in automatically banning of the user. I believe the admin staffs and the moderators do send a warning before banning a user, I encourage discipline.

When i finally own a forum, i would definitely allow appealing of ban on my forum so those that broke the forum rules mistakenly can be given another chance.

I think that one should be able to appeal against a decision taken in a forum if one has valid grievances about the treatment meted out to him or her. Sometimes their actions may be out of ignorance, and an instant suspension is too harsh of a punishment, in my opinion

If you read clearly what the admin staff said above,he said regular or multiple Post of trash and forum rules violation results in automatically banning of the user. I believe the admin staffs and the moderators do send a warning before banning a user, I encourage discipline.
I also encourage discipline but what I believe he was trying to say was that their should be series of warning before going ahead to block or ban anybody, accept they fail to adhere then you can do as you like

I also encourage discipline but what I believe he was trying to say was that their should be series of warning before going ahead to block or ban anybody, accept they fail to adhere then you can do as you like
Ok,I now understand what he's actually saying. That's how it's supposed to be, before temporary or worst permanent banning of a member series of warning should be made, because sometimes the mistakes done by the member is unintentionally.

It is good to provide such services because we are humans and capable of making errors.
By doing so, you reduce the tendency of making errors.

Ok,I now understand what he's actually saying. That's how it's supposed to be, before temporary or worst permanent banning of a member series of warning should be made, because sometimes the mistakes done by the member is unintentionally.
none of us is bigger than making mistake as we all deal with circumstances very different and i believe some people should be spared based on this knowledge and not to be penalized always,

none of us is bigger than making mistake as we all deal with circumstances very different and i believe some people should be spared based on this knowledge and not to be penalized always,
I believe that it is quite essential that you creat a system of warning before finally arriving at the conclusion of baning
It is very essential to allow for appeal of ban too

I believe that it is quite essential that you creat a system of warning before finally arriving at the conclusion of baning
It is very essential to allow for appeal of ban too
This is exactly what I suggest as well, as you might not know the exact reason of why the person acted that way and sometimes it could be that the person does not know how severe are the consequences of the action

I don't ban users over small issues, however, when I ban it is usually absolutely with no chances of appeal. When I ban, it is usually for copyrights violation, phishing, spamming, and multiple accounts.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back