What's new

Did your boss change after getting married?

Heatman

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
40,000 Post Club
Apr 14, 2018
USD
$4.2900USD
Biznotes
I don't really know how to put this but it seems like people used to change in their personality from how they used to be when they are single to another personality when they get married.

In my former workplace, my boss used to be single but after he got married, he stopped being free. He became too uptight which we all noticed.

I don't really know how to put this but it seems like people used to change in their personality from how they used to be when they are single to another personality when they get married.

In my former workplace, my boss used to be single but after he got married, he stopped being free. He became too uptight which we all noticed.

Well, personal life may heavily affect the professional life in a good or bad manner. people who work in many workplaces are humans and they also experience emotions as well. So, it is quite normal for them to change after they get married because they have to deal with many problems.

One funny cause of this is that when you get married you will get mentally mature so many things will actually change within you so one of my boss did and I left him because his intimacy was now within his wife and his new born kids

One funny cause of this is that when you get married you will get mentally mature so many things will actually change within you so one of my boss did and I left him because his intimacy was now within his wife and his new born kids

I'm not even interested in being intimate with my boss but I still expected him to behave normal the way used to behave at work when it comes to associating with the staffs and not being as if his staffs are now totally different people that he cannot talk to because you got married. I just hoped back then his wife doesn't control him.

I haven't experienced this firsthand.. But, people's personalities can indeed change when they experience significant life transitions like marriage. Your former boss becoming uptight after getting married is not uncommon. Life circumstances and new responsibilities can influence behavior. Change is normal, and being supportive of colleagues during transitions can help them thrive both personally and professionally.

I haven't experienced this firsthand.. But, people's personalities can indeed change when they experience significant life transitions like marriage. Your former boss becoming uptight after getting married is not uncommon. Life circumstances and new responsibilities can influence behavior. Change is normal, and being supportive of colleagues during transitions can help them thrive both personally and professionally.

This is the reason why I felt the way he changed and the extent it drove him will not be too good for his business. Your workers need to have that comfortability of having you around. It was more like him being too bossy at one point and I was like is that how getting married affect most people.

I'm not even interested in being intimate with my boss but I still expected him to behave normal the way used to behave at work when it comes to associating with the staffs and not being as if his staffs are now totally different people that he cannot talk to because you got married. I just hoped back then his wife doesn't control him.

I do not think that a person is supposed to change at workplace, even after getting married. Getting married means that you are responsible and you have to deal with those responsibilities in your personal life. However, this may not mean that your professional life should be affected in a bad manner all the time in case if you get married.

I have never worked under an unmarried person, I have always worked under people who were married and had kids. I do not have any bad experiences with any of the bosses I have worked with, except one, of course. However, I believe if you have been working with an unmarried boss and after he or she got married, you might see him or her a changed man/woman, perhaps positively.

I have never been the one to look the face of my boss. It's not my business and I won't care about it. No matter how he decided to change after getting married will not matter to me as long as he's not making it unbearable for me to work.

I think most people change in some ways after getting married. I think most become a bit more mature in general. Some people may get worse, as in they don't hang out with your crew anymore or talk much. But most of my married friends or friends in relationships still find time to hang with us.

Simply put, it can change how some people act. But I don't think it'll be a drastic change or anything like that.

I haven't experienced a change in my employer's personality, but I have experienced that kind of change in my college teacher.

I remember, she was quite a happy person before marriage, and when she got married, she became too loud and harsh towards her students. I don't know if she was unhappy with her marriage or if she got divorced, but she was not the same.

So, yes, some people do change after marriage. Some become more happy and confident, and some become the opposite. It completely depends on how their partner is behaving or treating them. And that's so tragic!

I do not think that a person is supposed to change at workplace, even after getting married. Getting married means that you are responsible and you have to deal with those responsibilities in your personal life. However, this may not mean that your professional life should be affected in a bad manner all the time in case if you get married.

I was very shocked that his marriage affected him the way it did and completely change him from what he used to be in terms of behaviour towards everyone that is working in the company, but I really hope that it's something that is going to pass in a short time so that the he will come back to his normal self.

I think most people change in some ways after getting married. I think most become a bit more mature in general. Some people may get worse, as in they don't hang out with your crew anymore or talk much. But most of my married friends or friends in relationships still find time to hang with us.

Simply put, it can change how some people act. But I don't think it'll be a drastic change or anything like that.
A colleague of mine did this part of not wanting to hang out with our crew anymore or talk much with most of us. I never thought of him one day. He moved on and I was bothered. I moved on with my own life too. I have good time with our crew and let him wallow in his new solo boring life.

Well, I never knew my boss before you got married but I knew him when he had one of his kids and I can say for certain he changed positively, at least he was more accommodating and a little bit more patient

Well, one thing about changing is the how you behave towards others will definitely make them behave in different way towards you too. So, if you change your lifestyle and behaviour in a way it's going to be very difficult to get along with those whom you used to get along with fine, they will adjust and free your life for you.

Actually, it is quite common for many people to change after getting married. However, this does not mean that this is necessarily the case all the time. People usually face many problems in their lives and this makes them act differently at workplace. I think that a person should, therefore, think logically and try to understand that professional life and personal life tend to be different.

Actually, it is quite common for many people to change after getting married. However, this does not mean that this is necessarily the case all the time. People usually face many problems in their lives and this makes them act differently at workplace. I think that a person should, therefore, think logically and try to understand that professional life and personal life tend to be different.

Yeah, that's very correct. I know that marriage comes with a lot of challenges because you're no longer looking after yourself but your wife and kids if they start coming. It adds a lot of pressure on you if you're not really ready for it. This is why I stress for people to make sure they are psychologically and emotionally ready for marriage.

I once had a boss who was harsh, but immedietly he got married, he changed, I was surprised, could it be the wife that changed him? He became simple and very calm, the office became pleasant.

A colleague of mine did this part of not wanting to hang out with our crew anymore or talk much with most of us. I never thought of him one day. He moved on and I was bothered. I moved on with my own life too. I have good time with our crew and let him wallow in his new solo boring life.
@Ja sa bong Sorry to hear that. But once you find that significant other and start to have a family, friends become a side thing. At least for most married couples.

@Good-Person - Very common. Many people calm it down a bit when they get married. Most people are starting families and trying to buy a home. Stuff like that. It's just a part of growing into an adult. We can't hang out with our friends forever either.

@Ja sa bong Sorry to hear that. But once you find that significant other and start to have a family, friends become a side thing. At least for most married couples.

@Good-Person - Very common. Many people calm it down a bit when they get married. Most people are starting families and trying to buy a home. Stuff like that. It's just a part of growing into an adult. We can't hang out with our friends forever either.
Let me ask, your friends were there for you through thick and thin times in your life. They even supported when you're getting married but after then, they will become a side thing. Does it sound right? It doesn't to me but like you said, people choose to live their lives differently.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back