What's new

Being an expert in the field, as manager?

Well, yes but it also depends.

Being a manager is mainly about managing a team. Even if you are not an expert on the company, brand, or product... you being able to manage a team is more important. At least to me.
I don't really think that one must been expert before the person can start managing a business or company, but what is important is that the person be serious when it comes managing a business.

I don't really think that one must been expert before the person can start managing a business or company, but what is important is that the person be serious when it comes managing a business.
It is very important to have the necessary skills so that you'll be able to manage business properly. These are the things that you must keep doing inorder to run the business successfully.

You can only have experience in your field if you are skilled and that is why it is necessary to acquire the necessary skills.
This will let you perform well in the managerial position.
I don't totally agree with you. One doesn't always have to be skilled to get experience. Sometimes, it is the years of experience that makes one become very skilled.

Actually been an expert in a particular field is an additional advantage to your success but the truth is that you don't have to be an expert to start but you can start to be an expert.

A manager in an organisation should be an expert in that particular field in order to be able to take care and manage the organisation in an orderly manner , but some manager even learn form the workers .

I don't really agree with what you're saying. The level of skill and expertise that you have will determine the level of your success in any business.
I think basic knowledge is enough to be head of the department. Though, it's a good thing for a manager or head of department to be expert in his or her field, its not a must to be expert in the field before becoming a manager.

managing any business venture comes with a lot of challenges and that is why it is important for you to be very much experience. Business people always consider experience before making people managers.

I think that this is also one of the reasons why certain kinds of businesses always tend to hire many managers because one manager alone would not be sufficient enough.

One does not necessarily have to be an expert before getting to assume managerial roles.

They have to also be able to show that they have got some experience and it's worth it.
I think it is always important to be an expert in a particular area before you'll be in a position of a manager. A lot of business ventures always look for people who are experts and are experienced.

They can save money from employing professionals into the business . Personally I do see it as the best , you must have a certain understanding on what you are dealing on.

Do you think that you should be an expert in the field that you work in, in order to be a manager? If not, do you believe that you should atleast have some working knowledge to be able to manage people in that area of work?
Definetly you should be an expert to manage a specific field or the employees in it, if you don't know too much about the job or worked for few months in it then it would be difficult for you to manage it.

Been an expert is an additional advantage to be successful in running your affairs as a business manager but it's not mandatory to be before you start a business.

Been an expert is an additional advantage to be successful in running your affairs as a business manager but it's not mandatory to be before you start a business.
If you really want to become an expert in running a business, there are some certain things you need to do and they are not far-fetched . You should keep learning and keep acquiring skills to develop yourselves in the line of your business.

You might be doing a lot of things but you need expertise in certain fields. Your general skills will hardly pay you well, however,r if you have the expertise, you might make a really good income. It is not enough to say becoming an expert in the field as a manager because depending on the nature of business a manager has to do different things. A manager in the health care industry works differently than a manager in a clothing business.

In order for you to hold a managerial post in an organisation, you must actually have one or two experience and some knowledge concerning the area you are to be heading so that your work will be succesful.

This is true. One should have some key qualifications before they can be considered as the manager in a company. You have to show that you are able and capable to handle key situations when they arise and if you can't, then you are not qualified to be considered for the role.

This is true. One should have some key qualifications before they can be considered as the manager in a company. You have to show that you are able and capable to handle key situations when they arise and if you can't, then you are not qualified to be considered for the role.

I think that managers are quite experienced people and this is the main reason why they are managers in the first place. They become managers after gaining experience in the relevant field. This is when they get promoted to the next level. There are many different kinds and levels of managers.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back