What's new

Age limit to play National Lottery to increase to 18

Well that age limit set for eighteen years before one can be eligible to go into the gambling club is good, as that is the age even set by most countries for one to be matured enough to vote.
Well over here in Nigeria the age limit to play national Lotto is 18 +, if you're not up to it in you can't be able to engage in any lottery game because at the age of 18 you have been classified as an adult.

Well in my country now, a lot of people who are below the age of 18 are seriously getting into all kinds of gambling and betting and there is nothing the authorities are doing.

I wonder why the age limit was pegged at 16 in the first place, 18 years is globally considered as an independent and maturity age. Playing national lottery should be something considered among adults which is supposed to be 28yrs and above.

I wonder why the age limit was pegged at 16 in the first place, 18 years is globally considered as an independent and maturity age. Playing national lottery should be something considered among adults which is supposed to be 28yrs and above.
over here in my country the age limit to play national lottery or any bets is 18 years and above because they believe that when you are 18 and above you are an adult and you can take responsibility for any action.

These are restrictions only exist on papers. On the street, you get to see small boys who are involved in it and no one's arresting them at all.

Even here in my country is the same, when it comes to gambling of any kind, be it lottery or sports betting is just risky. And not for for children to gamble, is adult game.

This rule has been in place in most of the countries of the world for as long as I can remember. It is very good it is put in place now as this defines and streamlines it with the voting age as an adult individual

The case is different I guess in my country, because most bet shops don't care about your age when you come to their shop,all they are after is the money they want to collect from you, so law or no law it can never work in my side of the country here I guess. So the federal government should put out task force to arrest those shop owners doing that.
What you have said is valid! Children even below ten years of age are seen in bet shops and they claim to be sent by their parents or a brother in the neighborhood, although there's law against it but there is no implementation.

well in the United States 18 years is the official age for people to decide what he or she wants and can decide to follow what we want, this is gambling and I think this is one of the best law Because 18 years is when we all have our own right to make our own personal decision.

that's still low to be honest, people at that age are still not experience with financial cases and still need to be aware about how dangerous lottery is

Yes, the underage shouldn't try it, cos it isn't for them. Its not good for teenagers or children to start feeling deey emotional troubled when their predictions didn't go perfect.

As part of the government's campaign to combat problem gambling, the minimum legal age to join the National Lottery will be raised from 16 to 18 this year. Under-18s will be prohibited from purchasing National Lottery tickets and scratchcards in stores starting on 22 April 2021, players must be 18 or over to play National Lottery games online, in-store, and on the app
View attachment 2139

According to the government, the National Lottery's games have evolved greatly over time, with an increasing shift toward online and instant win games like scratchcards. It claims that the current minimum age would prevent the National Lottery from being a "gateway to problem gambling." The government intends to look at ways it can help protect online gamblers in its study, including setting caps on online stakes, updating the regulations on advertisements and promotional deals, and providing additional safeguards for young people.
This will literally reduce the amount of gambling in the country because adolescent are quickly attracted to things like this and best way to curb it is buy restriction...

well in the United States 18 years is the official age for people to decide what he or she wants and can decide to follow what we want, this is gambling and I think this is one of the best law Because 18 years is when we all have our own right to make our own personal decision.
Here in my country, if you have not reached the age of 18years, you are still considered a minor and should not move near any betting activities because its punishable under the law.

Here in my country, if you have not reached the age of 18years, you are still considered a minor and should not move near any betting activities because its punishable under the law.
I don't know which country you are but in Nigeria I think people from 18 years can actually engage in betting because 18 years is the normal age for people to be politically active, 18 years is a official age for every citizen of the country. So I think 18 years is accepted here.

I don't know which country you are but in Nigeria I think people from 18 years can actually engage in betting because 18 years is the normal age for people to be politically active, 18 years is a official age for every citizen of the country. So I think 18 years is accepted here.
over here in my country the acceptable age for you to be able to engage in any lottery or betting game is 18 years if you are below 18 it is not advisable to engage in such activities.

over here in my country the acceptable age for you to be able to engage in any lottery or betting game is 18 years if you are below 18 it is not advisable to engage in such activities.
Ok I understand some countries age for that is it in as they said and some other countries own could be 21,depending on the rules and regulation of the country but what if I may ask what will happen if you engage in this thing when you are below the age of 18 ?

This is indeed a nice move made by the government but somewhat limited. They can easily forge a fake Id card to purchase these scratch cards. I believe thats why countries are looking for a more permanent way to stop this.

Lottery is a game of sport that involves high risks which needs some level of maturity to cope with it result. Increasing the age of participants to 18 is very understandable as many teenager might not be able to take the outcome of the result of the game.

I think it's only right to increase the age limit to participate in lottery. For me, the age limit should have been like that from the first place as it is the legal age, at least for some countries.

The biggest thing I see, is that they should have a number of the government minimum age policies and laws match across the board, unless it is for something that would make sense for a much older or younger audience.

Have you ever considered advertising here in my signature? This Text Ad Location and the above Graphic Ad Location is available to advertise in.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back