What's new

Age limit to play National Lottery to increase to 18

• Thread starter Deleted member 403
  • Start date
Personally, the only limit I have been hearing is 18 and above. May be there are region or countries that allow from 16 years of age. But even with all these age limit put in place, you still find people below the set age in betting house(s).

I don't see anything wrong with that because 18 years is an official age of an individual to participate in anything that has to do with government in my country such as voting, and it is also a legal age for people to make their own personal now decision.
Post automatically merged:

That is the perfect age because in my country 18 years is the normal and the most suitable age for anyone to be accepted politically and that is the age you are eligible to vote and carry out other government activities.

That is the perfect age because in my country 18 years is the normal and the most suitable age for anyone to be accepted politically and that is the age you are eligible to vote and carry out other government activities.

Last edited:
That is even better because there are some countries that 21 years is the normal and acceptable age for people to make their own personal decision and engage in whatever they want to, all this depends on the government setting of each countries of the world.

18 years is better because that is just the legal age for people to engage in whatever they like, it is better this way so that people will not be held responsible for any bad decision that was taken by an underage individual. This is the best age for that.

18 years is better because that is just the legal age for people to engage in whatever they like, it is better this way so that people will not be held responsible for any bad decision that was taken by an underage individual. This is the best age for that.

Last edited:
This is actually a great development in the lottery sector as this will greatly reduce the amount of underage people who are struggling with gambling and also it will make some people to be more productive with your time instead of gambling.

Such isn't the case everywhere. They claim that under 18 shouldn't gamble but the enactment of this law is so lackadaisical that it doesn't hold water.

People normally fake their age because of bambling in a lottery and betting house especially the under age because they Want to try their luck if they can be opportune to win some money.
This is indeed a nice move made by the government but somewhat limited. They can easily forge a fake Id card to purchase these scratch cards. I believe thats why countries are looking for a more permanent way to stop th

Actually I don't think there was ever a situation like that in my country as such as in yours cause alot of children with age below 14 years have started involving them selves in betting and gambling.

It is a good thing and I think it is in the interest of the people in order to protect or save young people from depression or committing suicide when they lose lottery.

In my country the age limit to play lottery or gambling is from 18 above, without that government cannot allow such thing to happen here at all.
Where is the normal age to play lottery in my country is 18 years and above because the government requires you to be up to 18 that is the adult age before you will be allowed to play lottery.

I think this is a good idea from the government. Gambling should be specifically made for adult only and not just teenagers who doesn't know how it works. They need to take full responsibility for their actions and not the other way round

No matter how much we do not wat to always admit it, gambling is very addictive and some people suffer with the addiction for a long time and even for life that is why it is wrong to expose just any body to it. I think I am very supportive of increasing the minimum age to 18
Gambling is addictive yes the same way as smoking of cigarette is dangerous to the lungs, the government has warned us of all the dangers that involved in gambling and it is our own responsibility to choose which way we need to go.

18 is a good enough age to set for eligibility for gambling but how this would help all the gambling issues out there remains to be seen.

Bad effects of gambling are more than good effects because money earned hard from hardworking you just loose easily on national loterry, each person is free to gamble with his money or not but I don't advice anyone because it is addictive.

Bad effects of gambling are more than good effects because money earned hard from hardworking you just loose easily on national loterry, each person is free to gamble with his money or not but I don't advice anyone because it is addictive.
I don't consider lottery gambling unless you are betting regularly. When I have extra money to burn that is the only time that I buy a lottery ticket. That is giving me hope to get rich with the thought of winning. Small amounts for the ticket is just fine since I bet just once a month or even seldom than that.

It is a good thing and I think it is in the interest of the people in order to protect or save young people from depression or committing suicide when they lose lottery.
I believe that the age of 18 is also the stage in which people are matured enough to handle their own responsibilities, people can still commit suicide and have depression even after the age of 18.

The age limits increase was just to protect minors and the vulnerable from playing lottery. It is like that in most countries, they want people who are psychologically sound and are in charge of their finances.

They feel that since the age of eighteen years is the legal age for one to have been seen and deemed to be mature enough to make a political decision for themselves, it should also be applied to the allowed age for going into gambling

In my country the age limit to play lottery or gambling is from 18 above, without that government cannot allow such thing to happen here at all.
In my country the age limit to play national lottery is it in because they all believe that when you are 18 years and above you're now an adult and you are responsible for any choice that you make in life.

They feel that since the age of eighteen years is the legal age for one to have been seen and deemed to be mature enough to make a political decision for themselves, it should also be applied to the allowed age for going into gambling
Some who are 18 act like kids. I don't think age matters much in a lottery but a kid should not be allowed because lottery is considered mild gambling. A kid cannot buy ticket but his parents can buy that for him.

I think it's the same as what is in my country, underage gambling is highly prohibited, and I think it's a nice step taken by government bodies.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back