What's new

Age limit to play National Lottery to increase to 18

Here in Nigeria, it's also 18, but you get to see people who are not up to 18 involved in gambling and there are no law enforcement agencies to observe these in order to stop them.

Even though Nigerian also gamble it's a government directive that the people who do must be 18+. Those that gamble below 18 do it because the government policy is very weak.

I don't involve in anything gambling. But I think gambling age should be from 18 up. Adult begins at 18. But I don't like anything that have to do with gambling. Thats my personal decision. Am not saying it is bad just that I don't personally like it

In my country, even those below the age of 15 play bets and gamble in all sorts of ways. They can easily get a falsified documents to cover up their age when they win.

18 years is the legal age in my country. When you are 18 years, you are free to do whatever you feel like doing without being restricted. However underage can play bet in my country, just that he may be denied of money if he wins huge money.

18 years is the legal age in my country. When you are 18 years, you are free to do whatever you feel like doing without being restricted. However underage can play bet in my country, just that he may be denied of money if he wins huge money.
Some underage still go ahead and play such bets and lottery and even when they win, they will find a way to forge birth certificate to claim their money won.

In our country the minimum age limit is 18 to buy a lotto ticket. But come to think of it, an adult can buy a lotto ticket for a younger person, right? That is what they are doing with cigarettes and liquor which has 18 years as the age limit to be allowed to purchase. But the law is not respected at all because it is not a practical law which is so easy to bypass.

As part of the government's campaign to combat problem gambling, the minimum legal age to join the National Lottery will be raised from 16 to 18 this year. Under-18s will be prohibited from purchasing National Lottery tickets and scratchcards in stores starting on 22 April 2021, players must be 18 or over to play National Lottery games online, in-store, and on the app
View attachment 2139

According to the government, the National Lottery's games have evolved greatly over time, with an increasing shift toward online and instant win games like scratchcards. It claims that the current minimum age would prevent the National Lottery from being a "gateway to problem gambling." The government intends to look at ways it can help protect online gamblers in its study, including setting caps on online stakes, updating the regulations on advertisements and promotional deals, and providing additional safeguards for young people.
I believe its everywhere in the world where the government has placed a ban on minor from betting and you must reach the age of 18years before you can participate in lottery and betting.

In our country the minimum age limit is 18 to buy a lotto ticket. But come to think of it, an adult can buy a lotto ticket for a younger person, right? That is what they are doing with cigarettes and liquor which has 18 years as the age limit to be allowed to purchase. But the law is not respected at all because it is not a practical law which is so easy to bypass.
If the adult buy the ticket for an underage, should the underage win the lottery, it would still be the adult who goes to cash the lottery ticket for the underage.

I believe that it's the same thing almost all over the world, but the question is whether they are observing these age limit law all over the world with how they work?

In my country the minimum age limit for lottery is 18 and above,and this has been the rules since the scheme has been in place.And this age limit has been the minimum standard in almost every thing legal,from marriage to lager.

Here in Nigeria, it's also 18, but you get to see people who are not up to 18 involved in gambling and there are no law enforcement agencies to observe these in order to stop them.
The age limit's not only in lottery , it concerns everything everything that has to do with gambling, you cannot gamble or make a bet if you are less than 18years of age,

18 years is always normal age for most of these things because from 18 years it is said that an individual can be independent and make his or her decision that whatever might happen will not the blame on anybody,I think 18 years is the most appropriate age for lottery and gambling.

The age limit's not only in lottery , it concerns everything everything that has to do with gambling, you cannot gamble or make a bet if you are less than 18years of age,
What I and trying to say is that there is no effective implementation of the stated laws, so it's better to not even think that things are actually that way. I have seen people less than 18 who are actively involved in gambling.

It's a fact that there is always official ages that some people or someone should be before legally being allowed to get into gambling and it's to make sure that they really understand what they are doing.

Actually I see no reason why age should be a barrier when starting a business you might think you won't be able to get a license time maybe because you consider yourself as underage .

Actually I see no reason why age should be a barrier when starting a business you might think you won't be able to get a license time maybe because you consider yourself as underage .
The reason Why there is age limit that you called barrier is there is that our law says that you are still not an adult if you are less than 18years and you chat make decision for yourself, so after reaching the age of 18years , you can now do what you like

As far as I'm concerned this age limit is very fine because it's going to help to stop kids from getting involved with gambling this day of age

Well that age limit set for eighteen years before one can be eligible to go into the gambling club is good, as that is the age even set by most countries for one to be matured enough to vote.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back