What's new

Age limit to play National Lottery to increase to 18

Deleted member 403

As part of the government's campaign to combat problem gambling, the minimum legal age to join the National Lottery will be raised from 16 to 18 this year. Under-18s will be prohibited from purchasing National Lottery tickets and scratchcards in stores starting on 22 April 2021, players must be 18 or over to play National Lottery games online, in-store, and on the app
1618043946943.png

According to the government, the National Lottery's games have evolved greatly over time, with an increasing shift toward online and instant win games like scratchcards. It claims that the current minimum age would prevent the National Lottery from being a "gateway to problem gambling." The government intends to look at ways it can help protect online gamblers in its study, including setting caps on online stakes, updating the regulations on advertisements and promotional deals, and providing additional safeguards for young people.

In most part of the world, especially my country , when you reach 18 years of age, you are responsible for your own life and can do what you want, I remembered whenever I go to betting shop to bet in games , they always ask people that looks younger if they are 18 years before they can grant them access to play, because under 18 cannot gamble and party in an hotel in my country,

As part of the government's campaign to combat problem gambling, the minimum legal age to join the National Lottery will be raised from 16 to 18 this year. Under-18s will be prohibited from purchasing National Lottery tickets and scratchcards in stores starting on 22 April 2021, players must be 18 or over to play National Lottery games online, in-store, and on the app
View attachment 2139

According to the government, the National Lottery's games have evolved greatly over time, with an increasing shift toward online and instant win games like scratchcards. It claims that the current minimum age would prevent the National Lottery from being a "gateway to problem gambling." The government intends to look at ways it can help protect online gamblers in its study, including setting caps on online stakes, updating the regulations on advertisements and promotional deals, and providing additional safeguards for young people.
The case is different I guess in my country, because most bet shops don't care about your age when you come to their shop,all they are after is the money they want to collect from you, so law or no law it can never work in my side of the country here I guess. So the federal government should put out task force to arrest those shop owners doing that.

The case is different I guess in my country, because most bet shops don't care about your age when you come to their shop,all they are after is the money they want to collect from you, so law or no law it can never work in my side of the country here I guess. So the federal government should put out task force to arrest those shop owners doing that.
Are there any age restrictions on products like Alcohol, Fireworks, Tobacco etc?

In my country, the written age for acts like betting, drinking etc is 16 but the legal age admissable in court is 18 and most people know that already, I wonder how maybe because we know a lot of things aren't working right with the country.

My country is the home of gambling, the government sees it as the genuine way for youths to make fortunes out of their time. But the opposite is occurring steady, their is nothing good to write home about, when it comes to gambling.

My country is the home of gambling, the government sees it as the genuine way for youths to make fortunes out of their time. But the opposite is occurring steady, their is nothing good to write home about, when it comes to gambling.
I really appreciate your point and as a Nigerian, I will like to buttress more on that point, Nigerian is the him of gambling for youth because there's no employment, youth are graduating almost every year and there's no work out there, people don't want to steal and the next availabke opportunity in their area is sport betting.

I really appreciate your point and as a Nigerian, I will like to buttress more on that point, Nigerian is the home of gambling for youth because there's no employment, youth are graduating almost every year and there's no work out there, people don't want to steal and the next availabke opportunity in their area is sport betting.
You're simply right bro. Everyday youths are graduating and their is nothing to lay hands on. The country is just stagnated, making gambling legalized as the only option to make ends meet. That's not suppose to be, i just hope youth realize on time to know, their is no future gambling.

According to my own point of view I believe it is good for the government to increase the age from 16 to 18 this is because from 18 years old everyone is well matured and can also take decision on his own .

It is normal thatthe age it's been increased from 16 to 18 because lottery game is for adult not for children and I advise that it should only be for those who have source of fund.

No matter how much we do not wat to always admit it, gambling is very addictive and some people suffer with the addiction for a long time and even for life that is why it is wrong to expose just any body to it. I think I am very supportive of increasing the minimum age to 18

Raising the age of engaging in lottery games to 18 years is a good move. But more measures should be put to deal with this gambling problem because it is affecting adults even more. They are becoming so addicted to gambling hence spending money so irresponsibly. People should be taught on how to prevent this and more rehabilitation services should be given to those affected.

Raising age limits to that point and level as we can tell will be a welcomed idea wait takes a matured mind to go into gambling

The minimum age will be raised for physical sales of National Lottery tickets and scratch cards in stores starting in October 2021 at the earliest. According to news, Minister for Sport, Tourism and Heritage Nigel Huddleston said that the move would help ensure that the lottery does not serve as a "gateway to problem gambling."

It is generally known that 18 begins responsibility and this has been generally accepted overtime. Though I think gambling should still be restricted to that age range. I mean life is just starting up for them why risk it.

That's a good one. I do not see anything bad with increasing the age limit. I fell the authorities wants responsible and matured people to go into gambling. They know it doesn't make sense for those who could not consume alcohol to play lottery.

It is a good thing to regulate the age of participation of individuals in lottery. Lottery is a gamble only adults can cope with the loss that involved in lottery and gambling. The government is just trying to avoid addiction at a tender age in gambling.

If the government of any country deems.itnfit to place a limit to the gambling age for their jurisdiction, then it's all okay with me.

In my country the age limit to play lottery or gambling is from 18 above, without that government cannot allow such thing to happen here at all.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back