What's new

7 Million in your currency: Would you run a university programme or Start A Business?

7 million is a lot of money, i would start a lot of different businesses at the same time with that much money. I prefer to do real estate business and i know it will be a success because there's s lot of things you can do with a good piece of land.

A friend was faced with such, the family raised 7 milion Niara for him to either run a BSC Degree or Start a Business? Due to peer pressure he opt in for a university degree. After graduating he couldn't secure a job of his choice making him revert to the business he was doing before selling clothes. He has no capital to start the clothing business on a large scale, but he knows every bit about the business to make him successful. The family refuse to come to his aid cos they've raised 7 Million for him in the past.
What would be your pick If you have such opportunity (7 million in your currency) as at now?
In my country, I'd say it's going to be impossible for me to use such amount of money to run for a university program when I know very well at the end of everything, there ain't good paying job to make up for it. I'd rather start a business venture with the money.

I had seven million in my currency,l would definitely use that money to start up a business, but not persuing a university course instantly. Maybe let's say l use like three million to start up the business, work hard on the business and it grows into the market then I can be now thinking of offering part time university courses and be assured that even if I don't get employment from the government, but my job is already secured.
if you want to go into all these things you have just listed above I think that will really be so stressful for you,if you really want to do one thing you must just focus on one and manage that one to it full potential but sometimes they saying that you cannot carry two things and climber up is always true. What do you think ?

@Donzik perhaps you don't know good certificate doesn't count in some developing countries. Good Bsc. Standings may not be sufficient in some places in the world but with other essential skills and creativity can land you a job with a reasonable take home.

7 Million Naira in my Currency is quite huge, well I think I will venture myself into business that will definitely yield enough profit for me to run a university programme and other degrees

if you want to go into all these things you have just listed above I think that will really be so stressful for you,if you really want to do one thing you must just focus on one and manage that one to it full potential but sometimes they saying that you cannot carry two things and climber up is always true. What do you think ?
I understand everything you meant. But currently where I live, you have to mix both school and sole proprietorship in order to succeed. The country is still developing and unemployment is on the rise. Most graduates are still idling and only the few have something to do after graduation. Even most workers still have their private businesses and employ people to be managing as at the time they had their jobs. So if you were in this situation, how would you have handled it?

7 Million Naira in my Currency is quite huge, well I think I will venture myself into business that will definitely yield enough profit for me to run a university programme and other degrees
Exactly, that's what every wise man would do as long as Nigeria is considered because business comes first down here.

Moreover, you can be doing your own business and still take part in your education program.

1 million in naira is enough to sponsor me throughout my university education. With this, I would save the remaining 6 million and then go to school witu The remaining 1 million. After I graduate, I will use the money I save to start a business. This is the best thing I can do for myself.

If I have 7 million in my bank account, I will not go into any university program instead I will start my business that has a potential value, because seven moilion will not be enough to build a university so the best way is to start a business,

With seven million naira in my account I will set up my own business without thinking twice. Because with that I already have a means of income for me , then after my business has grown big, then I might consider going for university program. Because I can surely do that once I have the money.

I understand everything you meant. But currently where I live, you have to mix both school and sole proprietorship in order to succeed. The country is still developing and unemployment is on the rise. Most graduates are still idling and only the few have something to do after graduation. Even most workers still have their private businesses and employ people to be managing as at the time they had their jobs. So if you were in this situation, how would you have handled it?
If you want to mix a private business and schooling at the same time then obviously you will not be the one that will directly do the business that means you will hire someone to do the business for you while you concentrate in school,ok boss to be very sincere and to be very serious do you think you can manage your business and still concentrate in schooling again ?

If I have 7 million naira in my account as a Nigerian, I wouldn't run a university programme. I will rather start a lucrative business like buying strawberries in bulk from the North and reselling them here in the South West, it is lucrative when done well. Higher education is becoming less relevant in the country these days because of unemployment.
You take is very nice and looking at the present economic challenge in your country that is what promising young men can think of.

With 7million now I will start a business and still pursue my education.
I can not rule education and it's importance out of my life.

@Lyrrex. Schooling and Running a business simultaneously is not an easy task. The possibility of running the two simultaneously is high if the business is not a startup, otherwise you will leave one for another and then your decisions will be influenced by monetary gain that the business offer.

If i get 7 million naira today.... It's to start a business with it then after 2 years upgrade my university degree... Like in today world it's not about your degree anymore its about what you can offer to the society... Even with such business you are giving to the society by creating employment.

@Lyrrex. Schooling and Running a business simultaneously is not an easy task. The possibility of running the two simultaneously is high if the business is not a startup, otherwise you will leave one for another and then your decisions will be influenced by monetary gain that the business offer.
That's what I was saying to one of our members that is not easy for you to concentrate in both of them, is either you hire someone to work with you or you give up school and concentrate in your business or you concentrate in your business and forget about schooling, Which of them will you concentrate on if you were in that shoe ?

If you want to mix a private business and schooling at the same time then obviously you will not be the one that will directly do the business that means you will hire someone to do the business for you while you concentrate in school,ok boss to be very sincere and to be very serious do you think you can manage your business and still concentrate in schooling again ?
For sure everyone can't concentrate very effectively on two events on the same time and so it is in me too. That's why I suggested l start the business first, know how it is moving for like a year and then try furthering my education. When I see things moving on with the business well, l now try to employ someone that might be willing to help me run the business while l'm in School. And maybe that might make me one year behind my class mates and do you think that is still too bad please?

A friend was faced with such, the family raised 7 milion Niara for him to either run a BSC Degree or Start a Business? Due to peer pressure he opt in for a university degree. After graduating he couldn't secure a job of his choice making him revert to the business he was doing before selling clothes. He has no capital to start the clothing business on a large scale, but he knows every bit about the business to make him successful. The family refuse to come to his aid cos they've raised 7 Million for him in the past.
What would be your pick If you have such opportunity (7 million in your currency) as at now?
First I will start a business, then maybe go to university later. But that will be after I have fully grounded my business. And after graduating I will come back to the business. 7 million is no small money, so the business will not be small too. Even if the choice is to take it and never go to school, count me fully in.

In a few years I will have my B.SC, so if this question is posed to me, I will choose business without thinking twice. Going for higher University degrees doesn't guarantee automatic employment, so why waste time?

For sure everyone can't concentrate very effectively on two events on the same time and so it is in me too. That's why I suggested l start the business first, know how it is moving for like a year and then try furthering my education. When I see things moving on with the business well, l now try to employ someone that might be willing to help me run the business while l'm in School. And maybe that might make me one year behind my class mates and do you think that is still too bad please?
There is no need for you to consider that you might be behind your classmates, you can actually be behind your classmate but you are Richer then them and you have gone further in life than them so if you have any good business that you can concentrate on please do even if you are three years behind them at least you have something tangible to show for. Mark Zuckerberg went back to school after he was already a millionaire

@ Lyrrex that's the point. At the point of making the decision he was thinking of peer pressure. For those of us that had gone through the educational system, if we are given such opportunity God knows we won't even think twice. Just picture the resources spent schooling for 4 -5yrs, not the funds involved, but the effort to do well in class and to graduate with good grades.
Post automatically merged:

@ Lyrrex that's the point. At the point of making the decision he was thinking of peer pressure. For those of us that had gone through the educational system, if we are given such opportunity God knows we won't even think twice. Just picture the resources spent schooling for 4 -5yrs, not the funds involved, but the effort to do well in class and to graduate with good grades.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back