What's new

7 Million in your currency: Would you run a university programme or Start A Business?

I will start a business becasuse business is a legacy that will not fade while education is something that is only useful for you alone. I will rather do something that will benefit me and my entire family.
Post automatically merged:

I will start a business becasuse business is a legacy that will not fade while education is something that is only useful for you alone. I will rather do something that will benefit me and my entire family.

A friend was faced with such, the family raised 7 milion Niara for him to either run a BSC Degree or Start a Business? Due to peer pressure he opt in for a university degree. After graduating he couldn't secure a job of his choice making him revert to the business he was doing before selling clothes. He has no capital to start the clothing business on a large scale, but he knows every bit about the business to make him successful. The family refuse to come to his aid cos they've raised 7 Million for him in the past.
What would be your pick If you have such opportunity (7 million in your currency) as at now?
Business is preferable option because with 7 million a person can start huge business and with the passage of time he can learn much experience in particular business.
Furthermore after the studies a person will go for job, the ultimate purpose is to earn money.
So, much money can be earned by business.

7 million in my currency. That's a good capital to start a good online business that would surely bring in more money to my account. Business like amazon FBA and affiliate marketing wouldn't be bad to try out with that capital. I personally think hàving a school degree is over hyped

Well I can run the two with 7million naira. In my country there’re lots of universities which their tuition fee is less than $100 per section other expenses wouldn’t cost more than $500 I believe I can manage the money and run the two effectively

It would be better to start a business and focus on it because as much as we recognize having a degree, it is not a guarantee for success. When your business is established and profitable, you can acquire as many degrees and certifications you would like to.

If I have such opportunity,I will rather put the money into business because there is no Job security in Nigeria.Even after attending the University you can not be sure of getting a job so it is better to start with the business and University at later stage.

I would start a business with such amount of money in my possession, there are a lot of graduates in my country with degrees and yet no job, we just have a fraudulent and failed system over here in Nigeria, it's just so pathetic.

Concerning a 7 million deal for a BSC degree or a business. Well,I would advise business to come first, though education is very vital and it is phase one has to go through but i believe he can run the school on a part time while he also has time to focus on his business

A friend was faced with such, the family raised 7 milion Niara for him to either run a BSC Degree or Start a Business? Due to peer pressure he opt in for a university degree. After graduating he couldn't secure a job of his choice making him revert to the business he was doing before selling clothes. He has no capital to start the clothing business on a large scale, but he knows every bit about the business to make him successful. The family refuse to come to his aid cos they've raised 7 Million for him in the past.
What would be your pick If you have such opportunity (7 million in your currency) as at now?
Well here in Nigeria, it is quite unfortunate that situations of things ridicule Education. If given the option (7million is not easy to come by). I will start a business, let me rephrase I will learn a trade for about a year, then start the business, so as to understand the pros and cons. After successfully starting a business, then i will get a B.Sc later in life. Success is not just a measure of degree.

Concerning a 7 million deal for a BSC degree or a business. Well,I would advise business to come first, though education is very vital and it is phase one has to go through but i believe he can run the school on a part time while he also has time to focus on his business
Education "a must", I won't say it is a must friend. Looking at the statistics of of world richest persons and the manner in which they succeed outside the educational system I won't say it's a must. Top tech companies now show little or no interest on your Educational qualifications.

It all depends on the individual in question there are people that have been successful with a university, as tempting as starting a business may sound there is no 100%guarantee that the business will flourish, there are people that employee than an entrepreneur and vise versa.

@Sammyesx You may be right, but being an employee to some people is like a limitation to some people and those contented with such positions right now don't know that life has better things for them if only they can take the risk. Anytime I see pensioners crying on live Tv begging the authority in charge of their pension funds to release it to them I feel pity for them. Having worked for over 60years! How I wish most of them can just invest 30years in a business they love doing back then. Just imagine...

Let us leave 7 million, If I can get 4 million I will not spend it on university that will not guarantee of secure a good job after graduation, I will start a business and keep earning money. I believe that within a two to three years I will able to sponsor myself to school and also be a great business man.

I will rather chose to start my own business education now doesn't guarantee a comfortable life expecially in a country like Nigeria where the rate of unemployment is so high, so it is better to start my own business and expand with time. Although it may take commitment, dedication and hard work with determination

@Ridorz I understand your point. Getting a Job after graduation is not something that easily come by, especially, in developing countries e.g Nigeria. Nigeria's population is currently over 200million and projected total population in 2050 stood at 500m. Unemployment rate keeps increasing every year making it difficult for new graduates to secure a Job. Those who are luckily employed are underemployed if not a contract staff.

I am done with the university and will definitely start something worthwhile with the money and save some. I would prefer owning a large grocery, both traditional and online to cater for the needs of the generality, one has to understand the concepts of the preferred business to enable a very good use of the money instead of being lavish.
A large grocer is a very good idea. This way you are not limiting your customer base because everyone buys groceries and therefore this is not like having a technology store where your customers are limited to only those that have problems with technology but includes everyone. At the right prices this is likely to be extremely profitable and has a lot of room for growth in terms of the franchise as well.

We all know that education is very important, and the goal has been to get a good certificate and secure a good job, but we also have to look at the environment we are coming from and the level of unemployment in our country before deciding on what to do. If I'm from a country where the level of unemployment is high, then it's only advisable that I chose business, if I still want to continue with education after establishing myself in business, then I will do that.

Waaat!! In the country I leave in I see not reason why u can't do both, their are lot of business u can at least use a million to start if u av a good knowledge about the business. For the degree its also important cus, it gives you a further chance of success in life

If I have seven million as my currency I will start up a business when I start making profit i will register for my University program. This is because if you start your University program without a business, with time the money will get finished, you will only be able to actualise one, but starting a business helps you actualise both.

Well , as for me ,I will use the money to start a business ,and with that my business will grow and start generating good profit for me , then if I still have desire for having a formal education ,I can then sponsors myself in the university , thereby achieving the two options in the end

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back