What's new

7 Million in your currency: Would you run a university programme or Start A Business?

maventiger

Seasoned Veteran
1000 Posts Club
Dec 21, 2020
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
A friend was faced with such, the family raised 7 milion Niara for him to either run a BSC Degree or Start a Business? Due to peer pressure he opt in for a university degree. After graduating he couldn't secure a job of his choice making him revert to the business he was doing before selling clothes. He has no capital to start the clothing business on a large scale, but he knows every bit about the business to make him successful. The family refuse to come to his aid cos they've raised 7 Million for him in the past.
What would be your pick If you have such opportunity (7 million in your currency) as at now?

Well, I would advise a business, then proceeds from the business in the long run will fund his schooling on a part time bases and his business will still be up and running. Well that is in this part of the world where I find myself.... Ohh....my decision can change if I were to be in a country with better plans for youth and Education.

I don't know how much is naira to BRL, but if I need to choose, undoubtedly I'd choose another post-graduate course to improve higher skills. Certified higher skills here mean higher knowledge and consequently, higher opportunity to get well paid jobs, even 100% online ones.

I don't know how much is naira to BRL, but if I need to choose, undoubtedly I'd choose another post-graduate course to improve higher skills. Certified higher skills here mean higher knowledge and consequently, higher opportunity to get well paid jobs, even 100% online ones.
That's thqe reason I said 7million in your currency. Also, a certified postgraduate studies is a good way to secure a good job with high take home, but if you're from a developing country like mine, you will be dissapointed because over 75% of such jobs out there is for those with connection(s).

I'm starting a business In the first two years, during my time of doing buisness then there should be process of procuring of admission into University and finding ways of acquiring a new skills.
Post automatically merged:

I'm starting a business In the first two years, during my time of doing buisness then there should be process of procuring of admission into University and finding ways of acquiring a new skills.

If I have 7 million dollars in my bank account I will not go for any University program I will take a risk and start of business with only 5% of that money and if the business has the potential of going higher I will invest more before you know in the next 10 years I will have double of what I invest

I had seven million in my currency,l would definitely use that money to start up a business, but not persuing a university course instantly. Maybe let's say l use like three million to start up the business, work hard on the business and it grows into the market then I can be now thinking of offering part time university courses and be assured that even if I don't get employment from the government, but my job is already secured.

Having had access to formal education, it's always easy to say you will choose business because you are speaking from the position of hindsight. I still think I would have gone to school but that amount is enough for me to set up a business with education. Then get someone to run the business while I focus on school.

I actually believe it depends on each individual, where you see yourself in years to come, are you a born entrepreneur? I think this are few things you need to consider first before you make a decision on what is best to use such amount of money for, but personally I think it is better to invest with the money and acquire some IT skills which are top in demand skills like programming, data management, networking and some other IT skills, with this you can be sure of living a fulfilled life

It's nice to go for business that is if one is promised success in it.Not all businesses succeed.One can lose all of his/her money.Going to university depends on the country.if it's a country with high employment rate then it's a wise decision.But if it's a country with no employment chances then it's like wasting your time as you would still have to do business to survive.
Post automatically merged:

It's nice to go for business that is if one is promised success in it.Not all businesses succeed.One can lose all of his/her money.Going to university depends on the country.if it's a country with high employment rate then it's a wise decision.But if it's a country with no employment chances then it's like wasting your time as you would still have to do business to survive.

Education is very expressive but you pay more for being uneducated.

7 million is a huge amount but he made the right choice.

If the family can bring out such amount from their surplus it means they have to assist him after graduation.
Which company does the family has or what kind of business development have they being able to run or operate as family.
Listen nobody should see education as unproductive because of lack of employment for the moment. He made the right choice.

If I have 7 million naira in my account as a Nigerian, I wouldn't run a university programme. I will rather start a lucrative business like buying strawberries in bulk from the North and reselling them here in the South West, it is lucrative when done well. Higher education is becoming less relevant in the country these days because of unemployment.

A friend was faced with such, the family raised 7 milion Niara for him to either run a BSC Degree or Start a Business? Due to peer pressure he opt in for a university degree. After graduating he couldn't secure a job of his choice making him revert to the business he was doing before selling clothes. He has no capital to start the clothing business on a large scale, but he knows every bit about the business to make him successful. The family refuse to come to his aid cos they've raised 7 Million for him in the past.
What would be your pick If you have such opportunity (7 million in your currency) as at now?
7 million in my currency is a very good amount that would be enough for both business and a degree in a versity. But I would focus first on starting a business. Once it is stable and earning me regular profits, I would then enroll for any versity degree/masters I would like to pursue.

I think I'd do both if possible, find a way to start up a business that can run on its own while I focus on the school work , however if it proves to much to handle , I'd rather focus and grow the business then proceed to higher education.

This is a large opportunity most people are praying to have. If I have family that can raise 7million for me to start a business I will prefer to ditch schooling and go for Business. Unemployment is on the increase in all part of the world and since my University degree won't be able to put food on my table after graduation what's now the point of going for it.

I would choose to start my own business. I think that you can learn a lot in the experience of it all and with the funs that you have available there are many businesses that you can look into and venture into that have a huge demand in the country as well. So this will give you the chance as well to consult with professionals in this area and develop the best business plan that you possibly can.

This is a large opportunity most people are praying to have. If I have family that can raise 7million for me to start a business I will prefer to ditch schooling and go for Business. Unemployment is on the increase in all part of the world and since my University degree won't be able to put food on my table after graduation what's now the point of going for it.
Huge opportunity indeed, for the family to be able to raise such a huge amount of money💰 for him back then. But I still find it funny why they don't want to come to his aid to raise capital to start something worthwhile, even if it's 500k.

I am done with the university and will definitely start something worthwhile with the money and save some. I would prefer owning a large grocery, both traditional and online to cater for the needs of the generality, one has to understand the concepts of the preferred business to enable a very good use of the money instead of being lavish.

7 million is quite a huge sum and will go a long way in securing means of survival for a family if invested correctly. So I don't think I'll opt for a University degree, because most of these schools don't go deep into the practical aspect of a course and also I ask myself, what are the chances of securing a job after the university degree.

Seven million is no where enough to build a university in my country,but it's a very good sum of capital to start a highly profitable and capital intensive business. With seven million capital,you do exploits in business

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back