What's new

Working at a thrift store, do you buy any stock yourself?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
If you happen to be an employee at a thrift store, or a second hand store, do you ever take a look at the stock yourself and maybe take some things for yourself? Or pull items aside to buy later? I knew a few people who worked at a thrift shop and would often find new clothes. He would buy some of the clothes himself, so that he'd get first dibs on them. When he was done, he'd donate the clothes back to the store, no joke.

I never worked at a place like this. My wife did when she was 15 and she would often put aside items as they came in if she liked it. I think it is fine to do but if you have all your employees doing it, it can hurt the business.

If you happen to be an employee at a thrift store, or a second hand store, do you ever take a look at the stock yourself and maybe take some things for yourself? Or pull items aside to buy later? I knew a few people who worked at a thrift shop and would often find new clothes. He would buy some of the clothes himself, so that he'd get first dibs on them. When he was done, he'd donate the clothes back to the store, no joke.

If I am to start working at a thrift store, I will definitely be buying clothes there. I will do so with new clothes that I get from those stores. One advantage is that I know the good ones and will be the first to make my choices there.

I have never worked in a thrift store but I once worked in a store where we sold vehicle tires, and I frequently bought tiers for my bike. When I bought tires I got for the huge discounts. I think buying from the store where you work will come to your advantage as you might be able to get the item for a cheaper price.

Personally, I wouldn't have any problem buying some items in a thrift store where I am working as long as those items are what I need. The most important thing is for those items to be sold at prices that are very comfortable for me to purchase and I will definitely buy them.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back