What's new

Which should one go for: skills or higher education pursuit?

Most people say that the way the world is going, more emphasis will be placed on secular skills than on University degrees. But should this be the case? As important as skills are, should higher education be relegated to the background?
I need your opinions on this.
This is happening in our society. Some promising students start studying further and learn some skills.The reasons are different. Children who have the money to make a living prefer to study further. Children who are in dire need of money to run their home enter the business while learning skills.

The both skills and higher education is imperative to pursue. If you have the both qualifications, they will help you by working for each other. I remember when I finished my secondary school I wait for 3years to learn skills before I make attempt to apply for admission and I got to university.

I read an article that said with the way this world is going people bill need to have a phd to become a shoe maker.... Nothing should stop you from getting your higher education certificate and nothing should stop you from learning a skill.... You can even try and combine the both together...it depends on how you can manage your time and ultilize it properly.

Let us understand that skills without higher education or formal education will restrict how far you can go, also higher education without meaningful skills will limit you, while you are pursuing your higher education, add skills with it, so that you can be relevant and you earn more to yourself

Most people say that the way the world is going, more emphasis will be placed on secular skills than on University degrees. But should this be the case? As important as skills are, should higher education be relegated to the background?

Well, depending on how much you have or your parents, getting higher education is important because it may come in handy in the future. But if you can't afford it, why not get enrolled in acquiring a perfect skill that would help you to survive out there in the cold world because no one is going to be there to help you always. You have to look out for yourself and your family.

These days people prefer to go for skills because of the nature of job in my country, there are thousands of graduate who are roming the street without jobs, this is why some wise individual attain both, they aquire both skill and higher education, so that they can fit anywhere in the labour market.

Both are necessary and neither one of them should be left out, but i think skills is compulsory as one with skills cannot go hungry, where as you would be your own boss as no one would be controlling you around like the certificate holders where majority of them works under someone.

Acquiring skills and gaining higher educational experience can both be regard as the same thing. They both entails the act of gaining knowledge. Both experiences can be acquired at same time provided you create a working schedule and follows it diligently

Both of them are important, skills and higher education are necessary in life, with skills you will become boss of your own, even if you have higher education it is necessary to have a skills because without having job in that moment, you can start up a business of your own.

Please go for both skill and education. While skill will earn you a living, education will broaden your horizon and help you do things better.

Education is more important than skill. ... The academic education helps you in understanding the concepts behind the technology, science, society or whatever field you choose, but skill development is the thing that will help you in creating solutions and products, get a good job in a company, or become an entrepreneur

I think that skills should be of most importance. I mean you can pass on paper but lack the skills required in life. That does not mean that higher education should be disregarded, it should just be about impacting skills rather than just learning the theories.

My Personal opinion : I'll advice one go for skill first hence you can read and write. It's not longer news in Nigeria that the rate of unemployment is on the high side and it keeps increasing daily, but with a good skill, you do not need to depend on the government or firm to be employed, you can set up your own business, be an employer of labour and have a more comfortable life

Knowledge is power to go higher in this competitive world education is very important.
Both education and skill are to be considered as important because they will give you an idea to start your own business.
To be successful education or skill play vital but to me education is very profitable to skill. Nothing stops you from acquiring both.

Both skills and higher education are important. Both can be acquired concurrently. Once upon a time , your success is guaranteed by the level of academic walls you climbed. Now, its not enough except you are an employee of Tier 1 companies. Oh! I forgot , a politician in some countries will surely get you all you need in terms of money.
Your skills will not only make you comfortable, it gives you a sense of worth and value beyond monetary value. Your education will aid your fast grab in skill acquisition.(though not necessary for all skill acqusition ) and its benefit is more than the financial aspect of it.

Both higher education and skills are very useful and important things for everyone and he or she must go for education. But i think practical skills are more important with higher education Whether you perform higher degree or training its just increasing your skills too. If I cannot do it then my certificate has no real value.

I think education is actually very important just so happen to come from a place where there seem to be a distinction between going to school and having the required skills needed to function at a work place, which is where the problem is.

I'll advice you to get both. You should spend six months or a year to gain skills so that you can use it to sustain yourself in the higher institution and then you can also increase in your business endeavors so that you boost financially

I'll advice you to get both. You should spend six months or a year to gain skills so that you can use it to sustain yourself in the higher institution and then you can also increase in your business endeavors so that you boost financially
This is a very good advice, instead of choosing out of skills and degrees, why not go for both? At least it will ensure financial security and also serve as back up in case one should fail.

Both have to be sorted after, I have a degree in geography after which I acquired customer service skills, now I am going for IT skills like digital marketing and graphics design because I work on the website everyday at work.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back