What's new

Which should one go for: skills or higher education pursuit?

Both skill learning and higher education are very important these days. None should be relegated for other. If you are yet to start higher education, I will advise you to learning a skill the does not take much time, somthing like 6 month to a year is okay. Once you finish, you can continue with your education. The reason is that you can use the skill you learn to fend for yourself in the college or University.

They are both important in my opinion, this world would be nothing without higher education. The tools in which the skill workers use for their livelihood are provided by the academia and the services are provided by the skill workers.

For a professional student who has the parents to spend for his studies my choice would be a higher education. My brother's youngest daughter had finished a college course in California and she was accepted in UCLA for her masters degree. After that she is now working on her doctorate that we expect her PhD this year or next year depending on her pacing. She doesn't work although sometimes she takes on a part time job to have extra money. But she has the full support of her parents who are both still working.

Both are important thing to have and it also depends on the region you are for instance in my country and most African country where you can't easily get a well paying job as a graduate then you will have to acquire a skill so as meet your daily needs so it's good to have both

Most people say that the way the world is going, more emphasis will be placed on secular skills than on University degrees. But should this be the case? As important as skills are, should higher education be relegated to the background?
I need your opinions on this.
Both are better. Skills are also very important to succeed in life and education too but I prefer higher education because it helps you to learn that skill as well and it also polishes skills so always first priority education.

Most people say that the way the world is going, more emphasis will be placed on secular skills than on University degrees. But should this be the case? As important as skills are, should higher education be relegated to the background?
Post automatically merged:

Both are better. Skills are also very important to succeed in life and education too but I prefer higher education because it helps you to learn that skill as well and it also polishes skills so always first priority education.
The importance of higher education cannot be overemphasized. It is still important. When one has a combination of higher education and a skill then that's more perfect. But higher education is at the forefront.

Learning a skill is important in today's world, but the importance of higher education cannot be overemphasized too, you can even combine both. As a literate, whatever skill you decide to learn you will be a master at it, because you tend to do things differently when you are exposed and enlightened.

I will advise you to merge the opportunity if you have it.I believe that education and acquisition of skills works together.If you have the two knowledge it will be easy for you to blend the two and be able to solve the problem of the society.

Higher education shouldn't be necessarily pushed to the background because as important as skills are one also need education to thrive and master any skill successfully.
But it seems like people who acquire and perfect their skills prosper more than those who go for the certificate.

Both. I cannot exclude one from another because they are related and they are connected just not the way you would expect.

One way to look at it is a sense of betterment. I’m sure that everyone will agree that if you have skills and a degree, it’s still better than just having skills. I understand the appealing effect of having just to do one thing and be set /done with it but that is not better. That is just you and your inner talk where you convince yourself that “it’s not worth doing it” because it’s difficult and everything that is difficult, it’s worth the fight.

Attaining a higher educational degree would not stop you from acquiring new set of skills. Having a new knowledge is never a bad thing and having new skills would give you so much potential in the outside world. A combination of both would lead to an excellent result one can have.

The benefits of education are many. Not only will you personally benefit from receiving an education when it comes to income, career advancement, skill development, and employment opportunities, but your society and community receive benefits of education as well.

In my country skill is a reasonable option, cos education has failed so many people, what is the essence of acquiring a knowledge that you will never in life put to good use because greedy politicians that doesn't have the interest of the masses at heart, is really discouraging. You are supposed to get a job immediately after your education but reverse is the case in my country.

I would say go for a skill bro.. It is the gateway to being self employed business man. Also the gateway to huge responsibility that has it own huge rewards in life.. It is tough but trust me if you persist,you will overcome.

In today's world the importance of skill can not be overemphasized but that of degree should not be Undermine, education give a broader view of things, it can help enhance skill set to be more productive, in essence both are very essential for development.

Both are important, one can be in higher institution and also learn some skills in the course of the studies, so both are good opinions

Both can go together. Really it is important to acquire skills, but not at the detriment of quality education. At the end of the day if you want to depend on your skill, it will be different since you are educated compared to someone that is not.
Post automatically merged:

Both can go together. Really it is important to acquire skills, but not at the detriment of quality education. At the end of the day if you want to depend on your skill, it will be different since you are educated compared to someone that is not.

As it is great on the one hand, so is the other. None is greater or better than the other. A higher eductation provides more exposure and experience. Learning a skill provides the same. Having the opportunity to acquire both means you won't be on the same level with another person who have only acquired one of them. And some other times, it's down to how one treats every opportunity that comes his or her way.

Both
Both.
It pays when you have the two. One actual enhance and help the other. Never neglect your education, it can take you places you never expect and at the same time learn a skill, it might end up been your major source of income one day.
Good luck

Higher education serves many purposes, only some of which are emphasized in our culture. Because we as a society don’t acknowledge the full span of reasons for pursuing education after high school, some young people may think it’s not for them and, therefore, miss out on many of the potential benefits that such an educational experience provides. Below, we’ll look at some well-known and not-so-well-known purposes the various forms of higher education may serve – from vocational schools and certificate programs to Associate’s and Bachelor’s degree programs. It’s not just about learning; it’s about the opportunity for further personal development as well.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back