What's new

Which is worse: grand or petty corruption?

My understanding of grand corruption is that it can bleed national treasuries dry. In poorer developing societies, grand corruption by politicians and business elites can suck away tax revenues that were intended to go to communities that needed the money most.

But in the same societies, petty corruptionoccurs at a vast scale, as part of a pyramid of tributes that ultimately accrue upwards to the same individuals who may be involved in grand corruption.

No matter small an act of corruption is presented, there are so many people who are actually suffering deeply as a result of it. It's why no kind of corruption should be allowed to freely take place in the world.

I dont sees any difference between the forms of corruption as describe either grant or petty corruption they both are of the same motive and target at deception the act of public dis order which is contrary to the laws of the state or even the organisation.

I believe they are all evil, but those who use religion for their own dirty practices or to defraud others upset me the most. It saddens me to watch on the news how various religious leaders are getting imprisoned for one thing or another.

I think both are bad because petty corruption so when some people are engaging in such in petty corruption is not really good.

corruption is corruption, whether it is big or small, all corruptions should be treated equally and and punishable. However., big corruption should have big punishment.

I think both types of corruption are bad. But I also think that it is best to stop petty corruption as soon as it starts, so that it does not eventually turn into a grand one. That is why ending corruption starts from an individual and family level.

When it comes to the issue of corruption,any act that is not legit and tends to put some persons in a disadvantage position is termed corrupt,so whether liitle or big,its effect is still felt.

Both are worse and must always be condemned and frown up in strong terms. Irrespective of the scale, any corrupt act is inimical to the growth of a business or society.

Personally I do not see any of those phones that are even good because, to me I consider them all as the same . Every government organisation of this world do not accept them and therefore it must not be practiced by any good citizen of a country.

There is no corruption that is good because in the end it is the people that it affected that suffers the harsh cold end of the corrupt practices.

If someone embezzles $1, it might not harm the company, but if someone embezzles $1000 it might be too big to handle the loss. Therefore, grand corruption is worse.

I do not think that the type of corruption you highlighted in your text existed. Basically, corruption is simply a corruption be it grand and petty as you stated. Corruption is basically an enemy of the economy. A country whose corrupt practices is very enormous would definitely collapse.

Both are terrible. Stupendous scale defilement takes cash implied for networks. Insignificant defilement prompts individuals losing trust in the framework. For what reason would I report a bad exchange at the workplace, when the authority will be paid off?

Bad behaviour has no second thought, bad things has no two name, what Is bad is bad no matter how smallest it is, to my own belief there is nothing like petty corruption.

Which is worse: grand corruption or petty corruption? Or both?

This could be locally, regionally, or nationally. What do you think?
Both are worse. In most cases, petty corruption gives rise to grand corruption. When one steals, bribe his or her way to pass an exam, to jump queue etc and get away with it. They will see as normal thing. It is just matter of time and chance to execute grand corruption.

corruption is corruption, whether it is big or small, all corruptions should be treated equally and and punishable. However., big corruption should have big punishment.
You have a point there and I agree with you that corruption is the same be it big or small but who should be the ones to punish does into big corruption? Cause the funny thing is let's take government for example we complain about how they are corrupt yet most of us still do the same things they do only in a smaller scale.

Petty corruption is usually the worst because it is what lays the foundation for grand corruption, so it is best to deal with corruption from the grass root.

Corruption in any level isn't advisable at all. Whether petty or grand, they all lead to decadence, being corrupted on a petty level would definitely lead to corruption on a greater scale.
It's better that one doesn't get corrupt at all because it's like a cancer, it keeps growing.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back