What's new

What security measures do you take with your wallet?

Enable Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) Most online wallets support some form of two-factor or multi-factor authentication. Don't Use your Phone Number for 2FA. Use a Separate Email for your Bitcoin wallet, Software Wallets. Hardware Wallets.

First security measure put in place on my wallet is activating two step verification. When I login into my wallet with correct details, one time pin will be sent to my phone to complete the login process. Another measure I put in place is API key activation. Whenever I log into my wallet, Api key would be require to do any transaction, without it nothing would happen on my wallet.

First security measure put in place on my wallet is activating two step verification. When I login into my wallet with correct details, one time pin will be sent to my phone to complete the login process. Another measure I put in place is API key activation. Whenever I log into my wallet, Api key would be require to do any transaction, without it nothing would happen on my wallet.
The two factor authentication method is very good. However with regards to the API, from my past experience of API keys it seems that they may not provide the most secure action as when a key i exposed in a hack it can be used indefinitely until a new API key is generated in order to replace that. Therefore using this as a security measure will prove to be good if the API key is regenerated every few days or so, to maintain the security of the wallet.

All my wallets come with pass codes as well as biometric verification. There are also some app wallets that allow for extra security through 2FA verification. Also I rarely allow people that I am not close to access my mobile device so the risk of being exposed is minimal to be honest.

One of the things is that i use 2 factor authentication login portal , so that anytime i want to login or anyone want to login , they would have to verify very well to prevent scammers and hackers from using my account abd withdrawing all my funds from my account ,so i take big precaution every time i login into the site i think

2FA is one of my most used security format used coupled with the fact that my seed phrase is manually stored away some where and all the key passwords which are usually complicated and complex and written down somewhere

Crypto is an online currency so it stands to reason that security is probably one of the most important aspects of crypto moving forward. Therefore many feel that the first thing to do when entering this world is to be able to have a secure system so that they do not lose their investment. With the number of hacks increasing drastically, what security measures do you make to ensure that your funds are safe in your wallet? Do you note down your wallet private keys and keep it separately for safe recovery of your funds in emergency situations?
My wallet private keys are secure and I as well used password.

Security of wallet is very paramount.

@BrolySSJ The google 2Fa authenticator is still the best in all that I have seen and used. The 2Fa change within 30sec and without access to the 2Favdevicevit becomes nearly impossible to hack. Just be sure you keep your linked email safe.

Be careful with online services.
Small amounts for everyday uses.
Backup your wallet.Encrypt your wallet. Never forget your password. Offline your wallet or savings. Offline transaction signing. Keep the software up to date. Multi-signature to wallet against theft.

Not only your wallet needs security but your cell phone also needs security so i already use strong security to guard my privacies.. From social media apps to gallery everything is under security..
So i keep wallet passworded and i didn't share it to anyone els because in this world you can't believe on someone🙄

Securing your wallet
  1. Be careful with online services.
  2. Small amounts for everyday uses.
  3. Backup your wallet. Backup your entire wallet. ...
  4. Encrypt your wallet. Never forget your password. ...
  5. Offline wallet for savings. Offline transaction signing. ...
  6. Keep your software up to date.
  7. Multi-signature to protect against theft.
  8. Think about your testament.

Stored in a safe place, a backup of your wallet can protect you against computer failures and many human mistakes. It can also allow you to recover your wallet after your mobile or computer was stolen if you keep your wallet encrypted

For my wallet security, I make sure I enable two factor authentication code for each time I transaction on my wallet to actually authenticate myself, because I know that some guys are great hackers now that can hack into people's wallet.

The best security measure you must know if you want to secure your wallet is for you to look for the most trusted cryptocurrencies wallet out there register and sometimes do not store your password on the phone as people can still have access to your account with that and you must use two factors verification in any crypto wallet you are using.

I urge everyone to take the security of his or her wallet very seriously , I read online earlier today that a German-born computer programmer Mr Stefan Thomas lost 7,002 BTC which is about $250 million simply because he couldn't find the paper and the hard drive he wrote his password and recovery phrases.

The security I use for my wallet is the 2FA along with my finger print. I hope with these two my wallet is save. I actually didn't see much to securing the wallet before, because I believe no one would try to tamper with it but I realize now that it should be well secured.

@BrolySSJ The google 2Fa authenticator is still the best in all that I have seen and used. The 2Fa change within 30sec and without access to the 2Favdevicevit becomes nearly impossible to hack. Just be sure you keep your linked email safe.
Two-factor authentication is very important, and I try to stay away from any wallet or any exchange that does not have this feature, because then it means that anyone can access your account if they know your email address and password. The thing that I like with the authentication as well is that you have to actually approve the new IP address that is trying to access your account, so you can be notified whenever there is an attempt as well.

I make securing my crypto currency personal business, in as much as i use both fingerprint and password i still make sure i make my password as difficult and private as possible, i also save the password with abbreviations that only i can relate to on my phone

I make securing my crypto currency personal business, in as much as i use both fingerprint and password i still make sure i make my password as difficult and private as possible, i also save the password with abbreviations that only i can relate to on my phone
This is a very good way to save your password in case you forget your lengthy password because this is almost in the form of a code that only you will be able to understand. Which is very good and helpful in terms of security. I tend to use lengthy passwords that no one would guess as well, but I have not been able to find a good way to remember and keep track of it but your abbreviation system seems very good.

This is a very good way to save your password in case you forget your lengthy password because this is almost in the form of a code that only you will be able to understand. Which is very good and helpful in terms of security. I tend to use lengthy passwords that no one would guess as well, but I have not been able to find a good way to remember and keep track of it but your abbreviation system seems very good.
I would have shown you an example but am still being security conscious. So far the only disadvantage i have is that some account give space for only password of about 7-8 character and i have to reduce my password hence looking for a short password and also creating a different abbreviation

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back