What's new

What security measures do you take with your wallet?

BrolySSJ

The Legendary Super Saiyan
5000+ Posts Club
Dec 23, 2020
USD
$-0.1000USD
Biznotes
Crypto is an online currency so it stands to reason that security is probably one of the most important aspects of crypto moving forward. Therefore many feel that the first thing to do when entering this world is to be able to have a secure system so that they do not lose their investment. With the number of hacks increasing drastically, what security measures do you make to ensure that your funds are safe in your wallet? Do you note down your wallet private keys and keep it separately for safe recovery of your funds in emergency situations?

Crypto is an online currency so it stands to reason that security is probably one of the most important aspects of crypto moving forward. Therefore many feel that the first thing to do when entering this world is to be able to have a secure system so that they do not lose their investment. With the number of hacks increasing drastically, what security measures do you make to ensure that your funds are safe in your wallet? Do you note down your wallet private keys and keep it separately for safe recovery of your funds in emergency situations?
For me I take serious security steps among which are;
- My device has both biometric and password locks on it.
- I have specifically and securely saved the seed phrases of each of my wallet.
- On my wallets I enabled every security pass provided.
- I make sure I don't really my password to anyone who doesn't need to know.

Take these step and any other you know, I'm sure you wallet will be secured.

I use binance for trading and binance itself has a good security feature, it asks for 2 otps, one from your phone number another from your mail.

When it comes to you private keys, never store them on your phone, it is better to actually write it down somewhere safe, if your phone gets hacked then the hacker can find your private keys and steal your crypto.

You are right about the importance of taking security measures for the safety of one's funds. I ensure that my private keys are on fine print and kept safely somewhere, and also, I enabled 2FA on all my wallets, that ensures that without the code sent to my personal mobile, no access into the account.

Your wallet has to be secured and protected from other people's reach. The wallet ID is your personal property and should be seen by anyone. Make your your password and User ID are not know by anyone except you.

The security is mostly from the wallet's side more than the users, it pushes you to enable the F2A to keep your account safe, coinbase does that, so i guess every other wallet does tye same, from your side, just don't use your wallet login detailsbin websites you don't trust

I use 2FA to secure my personal data's in a Cryptocurrency wallet. Sometimes too, I use my finger print especially in payeer account. Inputting strong security, hard password, it will be hard for a malicious and unanimous cyber criminals to crack it.

I don't really do much to protect my wallet. I take a few backups of my seed phrases, almost always digitally but in a few different safe places, so I wouldn't lose access to my wallet for whatever reason, but I would probably try to keep it more secure if I had cryptocurrencies worth a huge sum of money though.

One of the initial steps that you can take to make sure about your Bitcoin wallet is to utilize cold wallet otherwise known as putting away the Bitcoin esteems in an hardware wallet. This is additionally called the offline strategy since it doesn't need a connect to the web. This choice isn't as inclined to hacking.

I believe that if I can keep my private keys safe , lock my phone with password to avoid unnecessary access especially from people in my Environment , then I will be able to keep the wallet safe

I have a folder where I add all my wallet app such that only me will be able to access them , biometric verification, very secure password with special keys and I also ensure I don't leave my wallet open when I am using through minimize tool bar.

I don't really do much to protect my wallet. I take a few backups of my seed phrases, almost always digitally but in a few different safe places, so I wouldn't lose access to my wallet for whatever reason, but I would probably try to keep it more secure if I had cryptocurrencies worth a huge sum of money though.
Hmm, their is no problem, if you have large number of Cryptocurrency stored in your wallet you should just do as your said. By adding more secure security pattern like, 2FA,fingerprint unlock/face unlock. It will give you more security for your assets.

Since i use different wallets sometimes im getting confused with seeds and mnemonic phases.
So i always make sure to keep an online safe backup and 3 offline ones kept in different places. Just incase i lost one i can still recover my wallets.

It’s also important to get a Bitcoin wallet with two-factor authentication (2FA). This provides another layer of security for your funds by requiring verification before completing account activities like signing in and withdrawing or sending funds. It will ask for your 2FA code, so you will know right away if someone is trying to access your wallet.

It’s also important to get a Bitcoin wallet with two-factor authentication (2FA). This provides another layer of security for your funds by requiring verification before completing account activities like signing in and withdrawing or sending funds. It will ask for your 2FA code, so you will know right away if someone is trying to access your wallet.
I definitely agree with you. Two factor authentication is very important and it is important that if this is linked to an email address that you ensure that the email is kept safe as well. There are some instances where two factor authentication can still be hacked if the hacker has access to your email. therefore in these cases it is necessary to ensure that both your email is secured as well with a good password. I personally like google authenticator more than 2fa because the code changes every minute so it never stays the same and is almost impossible to hack.

To secure my wallet. I used all forms or security allowed by the wallet. I used two factor authentication, face ID, finger print and password. The way hacker can have access to your wallet due to negligency make me do all these

To secure my wallet. I used all forms or security allowed by the wallet. I used two factor authentication, face ID, finger print and password. The way hacker can have access to your wallet due to negligency make me do all these
It is good to make use of all of the features that you have at your disposal. Especially when it comes to security, which is something that you should never slack off on or take for granted. I think that in all of these the fingerprint is likely to be the most reliable as facial ID often has some glitches, at least in the ones that i have used in the past.

Personally i think that voice recognition may be a good addition to security for future developments in wallets.

There are many type of wallet, some are managed by their owner other are managed by a third party. So in case of the wallet come with a private key this is the best option and the responsibility depended on who keep the private key. In case we use the online wallet or website exchange wallet, it is very important to use strong pass word and enabled the 2FA

There are many type of wallet, some are managed by their owner other are managed by a third party. So in case of the wallet come with a private key this is the best option and the responsibility depended on who keep the private key. In case we use the online wallet or website exchange wallet, it is very important to use strong pass word and enabled the 2FA
It is extremely important that the user be in possession of their own private keys. In my opinion, if the person does not have the personal key they the crypto is not truly theirs. In fact there was a recent case where an exchange was closed down and since the users of that exchange did not have access to their private keys for the wallet, the funds still technically belonged to the exchange and the users were not paid out.

To me wallet id should be protected because it is your personal ID.
Every wallet comes with a private key which enable the owner of the wallet to protect his wallet at all cost. Without security on crypto it will be difficult for people to transact business and it will never grow the way it is now. We are advised to key wallet key save and secure we shouldn't disclose it to anyone or anybody.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back