What's new

What If Bitcoin Was A Centralised Asset? What Would Happen To It?

Good-Person

VIP Member
VIP Member
40,000 Post Club
Feb 6, 2021
USD
$1.9200USD
Biznotes
We all know that one of the main reasons why bitcoin has been surviving is due to the fact that it has always been a decentralised digital currency. However, I think that if bitcoin were a centralised currency, then things could be a bit different from what it is now. It does not necessarily mean that it would have had been shutdown, as there are many other centralised currencies that have not been shutdown. So, what would be the condition of bitcoin if bitcoin were a centralised currency?

Honestly, if Bitcoin had been centralized, it would not have prospered, because what would it really have been different from fiat currency? even worse because it would have been centralized by a company which did not even we have data about it, on the other hand the fact of being decentralized and not dominated by anyone and governments not having control over it It is what created a libertarian and anarcho-capitalist air around Bitcoin, which makes it desirable in the eyes of many and so hated by some governments.

This is actually what the government of so many countries are looking at when it comes to trying to control cryptocurrency for years and unfortunately it is something that has not been successful. Have bitcoin been a centralised currency, I am sure that it would have been suffering from the control of government today and most people will not be interested with investing in it.

The governments of numerous countries have been considering ways to regulate cryptocurrency for years, but their efforts have largely been unsuccessful. If Bitcoin were a centralized currency, it would likely be subject to government control, which could deter many people from investing in it. However, due to its decentralized nature, Bitcoin has remained largely unaffected by such attempts at control

The governments of numerous countries have been considering ways to regulate cryptocurrency for years, but their efforts have largely been unsuccessful. If Bitcoin were a centralized currency, it would likely be subject to government control, which could deter many people from investing in it. However, due to its decentralized nature, Bitcoin has remained largely unaffected by such attempts at control

It's the decentralized nature of cryptocurrency that makes it what it is in my opinion. The moment they have it become a centralized currency, it's completely over. Bitcoin will lose its power and investors will suffer from government control of cryptocurrency. I won't like to see that happen.

It's the decentralized nature of cryptocurrency that makes it what it is in my opinion. The moment they have it become a centralized currency, it's completely over. Bitcoin will lose its power and investors will suffer from government control of cryptocurrency. I won't like to see that happen.
Yes, we can already see what has happened with the cryptocurrencies that have been centralized in the crypto ecosystem, they have not prospered, cryptocurrencies were born to be decentralized, and if they become centralized in the future, they will lose all the charm they have, or probably new decentralized cryptocurrencies will be born.

Yes, we can already see what has happened with the cryptocurrencies that have been centralized in the crypto ecosystem, they have not prospered, cryptocurrencies were born to be decentralized, and if they become centralized in the future, they will lose all the charm they have, or probably new decentralized cryptocurrencies will be born.

Seriously, I don't think that if they succeeded in making Bitcoin become centralized in the future, it's going to mark the end of decentralized cryptocurrencies. I'm very certain that no other cryptocurrency would ever be born that's going to reach the height of Bitcoin.

Seriously, I don't think that if they succeeded in making Bitcoin become centralized in the future, it's going to mark the end of decentralized cryptocurrencies. I'm very certain that no other cryptocurrency would ever be born that's going to reach the height of Bitcoin.
Well, I didn't mean that if Bitcoin became centralized another new decentralized cryptocurrency would be as big as Bitcoin or would replace it, but I think that alternatives would be born, in fact there already are, for example Monero (XMR), there are many people that values the decentralization and pseudo-anonymity that decentralized cryptocurrencies give you, and if Bitcoin does not live up to expectations, many people would look for alternatives.

If Bitcoin were a centralized currency, its condition and outcomes would be uncertain. Decentralization has played a significant role in its popularity and resilience, offering trust and independence from a single authority. Speculating on alternate scenarios is challenging given the fundamental importance of Bitcoin's decentralization in shaping its trajectory.

You are absolutely right. The decentralized nature of Bitcoin has been a fundamental factor in its success and widespread adoption. If Bitcoin were centralized, it would be subject to the control and decisions of a single authority, making its condition and outcomes uncertain. Decentralization has provided trust and independence, allowing individuals to transact directly without the need for intermediaries or reliance on a central entity.

The popularity of Bitcoin is based on its decentralized nature. However, I believe Bitcoin could still be popular even when it was centralized. Take XRP for instance, it is a heavily centralized coin, yet it is 5th biggest coin by market cap. Tether ranks third by market cap, it is also centralized.

I don't want Bitcoin to become a centralised cryptocurrency. I wouldn't want to see Bitcoin pass through the same battle Ripple XRP went through at the hand of SEC because the government body will be all out at the throat of Bitcoin. Bitcoin is better off being decentralized in nature.

You are absolutely right. The decentralized nature of Bitcoin has been a fundamental factor in its success and widespread adoption. If Bitcoin were centralized, it would be subject to the control and decisions of a single authority, making its condition and outcomes uncertain. Decentralization has provided trust and independence, allowing individuals to transact directly without the need for intermediaries or reliance on a central entity.

The government would have won the battle they have been fighting against cryptocurrency for the past 10 to 15 years should they get Bitcoin to be a centralized cryptocurrency. Investors will no longer have the control and power they do with Bitcoin being decentralization and the transaction parameters of BTC will be messed duty with.

We all know that one of the main reasons why bitcoin has been surviving is due to the fact that it has always been a decentralised digital currency. However, I think that if bitcoin were a centralised currency, then things could be a bit different from what it is now. It does not necessarily mean that it would have had been shutdown, as there are many other centralised currencies that have not been shutdown. So, what would be the condition of bitcoin if bitcoin were a centralised currency?
It's interesting to see how cryptocurrency wallets are evolving. Consumers may find simplicity and utility in Wirex's integration of a Bitcoin-powered virtual debit card, but Coinbase's push into alternative coins demonstrates the growing diversity in the cryptocurrency market. Numerous wallets cater to a variety of demands and preferences in the evolving cryptocurrency market.
Bitcoin's main appeals of decentralization, trustlessness, and censorship resistance would be lost if it were centralized. Its nature would be substantially altered by government laws and oversight, possibly decreasing its appeal to crypto aficionados.

I don't want Bitcoin to become a centralised cryptocurrency. I wouldn't want to see Bitcoin pass through the same battle Ripple XRP went through at the hand of SEC because the government body will be all out at the throat of Bitcoin. Bitcoin is better off being decentralized in nature.

The issue of Ripple XRP is still fresh in my memory. I wasn't comfortable at the start with how the developers tried to make the project a bit open to the government and when the cases started coming up, I wasn't surprised. I hope those behind the Bitcoin project don't accept any talks about making BTC to be centralized. It will mess up the whole crypto market up.

The issue of Ripple XRP is still fresh in my memory. I wasn't comfortable at the start with how the developers tried to make the project a bit open to the government and when the cases started coming up, I wasn't surprised. I hope those behind the Bitcoin project don't accept any talks about making BTC to be centralized. It will mess up the whole crypto market up.
I feel bad for all those who invested in Ripple as there's no hope for them with what's been going on with the coin for years. There was a time when I became tired of following up on the SEC case with the company. I don't know the outcome today if they have closed the case or it's still in court.

Newest Directory Listings

Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back