What's new

What do you do to avoid being depressed

I have gone through depression for the past years and I have been trying to overcome it and prevent it. The following things have really helped me in doing that;
1. Leaving most social media sites that were not really useful for me.
2. Talking with friends and trusted people about what I am going through.
3. Reading self help books and practicing what I learn so as to know those things that work for me.
4. Learning to let go of my addictions and bad habits and replacing them with good habits.

These and many other things have helped me fight and prevent depression. I have become a self improvement guru😂 because of this, but it is worth all the work.
Your tips are very good ones to fight depression, especially the part of leaving social media, it puts so much pressure on people and the part of staying with friends and family that impact our lives positively is very good too

I always avoid being depressed. But to avoid this, I do the right things at the right time and always try to be with people that will make me happy and I always do things that make me happy.

Concerning what do I do to avoid being depressed. Well, social media at times and watch we watch most times can come as a form to depress and at times boost our morale. How I avoid depression is getting my Xbox 360 console on, play Pes and enjoy either winning or trashing. Have friends or relatives around to talk too also heels in avoiding depression

I dont often feel depressed but if i should notice the feeling there are fee ways i can get over the feeling like playing some of my favorite music or i can decide to leave my privacy to somewhere i can cheer up myself
Yeah most times there are music that cools the brain and mind and that is another way to reduce the occurance of depression

Depressing when our expectations are not met. The best way to keep a check on that is to avoid everything that will make you feel extremely disappointed

Happiness and being happy in life is a matter of choice. Irrespective of what is happening around or in your life you can just decide to live happily. Everyone needs to understand depression from a spiritual aspect. Depression is a spirit and you must do everything possible to avoid it.
Post automatically merged:

I dont often feel depressed but if i should notice the feeling there are fee ways i can get over the feeling like playing some of my favorite music or i can decide to leave my privacy to somewhere i can cheer up myself
A lot is happening these days that stir up depression in someone's life but the best antidote for this is to determine within you and refuse to be depressed. Depression in life is choice you can accept or reject it.
Post automatically merged:

One thing I do to avoid being depressed is go to recreational centres visit wonderful places like clubs going for swimming exercise and so on and so forth.
Depression can come as a result of many things in life but we just have to be very careful not to allow it linger in our hearth. Depression itself is a sprit and if it possess anybody it will ensure to destroy that person before it leaves.

Last edited:
I avoid things that doesn't concern me at all. Secondly I'd always prioritize the things I have to do on daily basis and set my targets and goals. Thirdly I avoid destructive friends and time wasters.

Engage your self in activities that you love most, you can play games, go to bars or outing, you Can also make friends you can trust and talk to them about it

Avoiding from being depresed is not easy.But their a lot of ways to avoid depression.First and soremost you can do things or sports you like.Moreover you can spend your quallity time with your friends and you can open to them you can tell your problems etc so they can help you and give you advises

Facing workload during our online or offline activities in our various gigs, cause us depression. In order to ease the dangers of depression, some reasonable amount of rest is needed. We need to take shower, then have a well taken rest, hang out with friends, have some beers.

One must learn to surround his or her self with positive people and again the major issue lies with the thought process, one must work on the thought process by surrounding yourself with positive materials and carryout positive attitude towards others.

When ever i am feeling depressed, i just take some time to play some good music and think back to where i started from, and where i am now. I may not be where i want to be, but i take comfort in the fact that i am nolonger in the same position i started. And am grateful for that. I do feel betrayed and sad about those who left me, mostly the recent one my ex... Someone i thought would be the one. But i just play a good movie, read a book or play a game then i channel does negative energy into something productive to be one step closer to my goal. Feeling depressed would not take you anywhere but rather slow you down.

When you feel depressed. Most times, everything and anything around you or close to you gets you irritated easily. Just take a break and go somewhere quite for a good while
To avoid being, if you're a type that is always lost in thought, avoid always being alone and move closer to your loved ones. Always hangout with the people you live the most. Take things as simple as they are. Nothing is ever too big that the way you see it.

There's a lot going on in the world especially on social media, the fake life, the flashy lights etc, how do you ensure you don't get depressed from these work, emotion and physical stress?
Depression is a very bad mental situation anyone can find themselves. So one has to find that great thing which gives him greatest happiness and engage in it to avoid depression.

To avoid depression, I try to let go of a lot of things bothering me, though it's not easy but I surrender everything to God. Also, I listen to good music, it works for me.

What I do to avoid getting depressed is always surrounding myself with positive minded people who we always encourage me to become the best of myself in all situation.

I have not really been depressed per se, but if I feel like am about to be, I try to listen to music or get something to distract me, sometimes it's good to talk to someone you can confide in and it helps a lot.

One of the things that has really helped me whenever i found out that i am down,because it is from being down that will evevtually lead to depression.I go out and to neet a confident and trustworthy person and relate what i am going through.

I am a type of person who loves to listen to very good music a lot. I get to feel a bit of relief every time I listen to music and it has been very relaxing for me indeed

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back