What's new

What age is best to retire

I asked my brother's and sisters this same question and they all agreed it is best to retire at the age of 55 reason being that they want to enjoy their life while still young.

I want to retire when it is 40 cos I want to go on adventures around the world before I clock 50 years.

It's left to your guys which age do you think is best to retire.
I would like to retire when I clock forty-five I guess so by forty-six I would have rested well so by then I will be thinking of where me and my family we relocate to and start living our life over there because I don't want to live permanently in my country I guess.

I believe that 55-60 years old is the ideal retirement age range since you've paid your dues and yet have enough vitality to try something new while waiting for your retirement benefits.

The federal government sets the compulsory retirement age in Nigeria for workers in the public sector. There are different retirement ages for various sector/industry in the Nigeria public sector. Below are the retirement ages for different categories of professions.

Retirement age in Nigeria civil service
The statutory retirement age for workers in the Nigeria civil service is sixty (60) years or thirty-five (35) years of service.

In my country Nigeria, the retirement age for most firms and companies is 60 years. I think that's a fair enough age for retirement

If you are working for any organization, it is not going to be up to you to determine if you are going to retire above their set age for retirement. But if you chose to do that before the stipulated time, I surpose it will honored

If you are working for any organization, it is not going to be up to you to determine if you are going to retire above their set age for retirement. But if you chose to do that before the stipulated time, I surpose it will honored
That's true, working for an organization means you have no choice on when you should retire. These days people no longer have a retirement age, they retire when they have achieved what they want. I met a young man some days back who said he planned on retiring at the age of 40 or even before 40 If he is able to achieve what he wants

Retirement at age 60 is a good one and may actually be the best for those who have other businesses to attend to but I also think 65 is okay for those who still think they have enough activeness in them for those extra 5 years.

I asked my brother's and sisters this same question and they all agreed it is best to retire at the age of 55 reason being that they want to enjoy their life while still young.

I want to retire when it is 40 cos I want to go on adventures around the world before I clock 50 years.

I do not know if there is a 'best' age to retire, it should be based on individual choice.
Personally, I would love to retire at 45.
I believe I will still be agile at then, and then concentrate on my business.

If I had my way, I'll retire at age 40 just like you highlighted. I'm much of a traveler and explorer - I'll want to explore a whole lot. If I get businesses that would bring me closer to my dream early, I'll definitely engage in them

You can even retire at the age of 35 provide the business is yours and the running of business is not dependent on you and it can run with or without you.

But if you are working for a company or in government retire age is around 55-65 years dependent the country and profession.

If I have made enough money and I have a good business running, then I can even retire at 50, then I will just rest while I appoint people to run my business

If you are working for governemnt, you don't need to bother yourself as there is stipulated time for retirement, if it is private ownership, you will be forced to retire when you are no longer productive. And for personal own business, I think the right age should be around 60.

Nothing should stop you from retiring at age of 40 if it happens that you have achieve financial freedom before that age. It is only civil servants are mandatory to serve the government for 35 years and retire at age of 60.

The best age to retire shouldn't exceed age 55 as you get to plan of something next to do. Either you accumulate your all time savings and start a business or you go into consultancy fully. Then you can be rest assured that your old days will be stress free.

There is no age one can't retire.As for me if I achieve my goals at a certain age then it's left for me to retire but if not then I think 55 is okay

it depends on your ability and strength,you can decide to retire at the age of 70 but that's if you are healthy enough, and you can even retire beyond 70 or even above, its your choice.
Post automatically merged:

it depends on your ability and strength,you can decide to retire at the age of 70 but that's if you are healthy enough, and you can even retire beyond 70 or even above, its your choice.

That's true, working for an organization means you have no choice on when you should retire. These days people no longer have a retirement age, they retire when they have achieved what they want. I met a young man some days back who said he planned on retiring at the age of 40 or even before 40 If he is able to achieve what he wants
There is always a said age or time for an employee to get retired and unless you reached that age limit before leaving the job it can't be termed retirement. What you just said is more like an act of resignation.

There is always a said age or time for an employee to get retired and unless you reached that age limit before leaving the job it can't be termed retirement. What you just said is more like an act of resignation.
This process is also called self retirement. When one resigns, he or she can simply go to other places and get a job but when it comes to self retirement it means you are no longer searching as well.

It will depend on the government of your country ,there are some specific page that will be needed for you to retire as a government worker but generally I think it shouldn't be more than 70 years depending on your location.

Best on how my country practice with it civil servant, they can work for the period of 35 years of service before retirement but to my opinion, the best age for retirement is when the person can no long perform his duty effectively at the right time or due to health issues.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back