What's new

The volatility of forex is much lower than cryptocurrency

crypto is much more higher in volatility when compared to forex. the market forces affecting crypto currency are much more stronger.

Liquid markets such as forex tend to move in smaller increments because their high liquidity results in lower volatility. More traders trading at the same time usually results in the price making small movements up and down.

This is a very true comment. For those who are still very conversant with cryptocurrency, you would have noticed that it has so much more volatile fluctuations than what is obtainable in forex market

Volatility is something that we all look for in the market in order to be able to try and benefit from the trades that we make and in order to increase our profit in a shorter period of time. However, if you are new to trading it is generally said that you should look at forex trading first before crypto because the risk is smaller due to a lower volatility. This is because the volatility that you see in forex is generally around 1% change within a day, whereas in crypto it can be much larger with Bitcoin volatility generally being between 5% and 15% daily.

This means a lot more time needs to be spent monitoring the market and you have to be sure of your trades and have patience. Do you agree with forex trading being less volatile and being a good starting point?
Forex trading is highly volatile compare to cryptocurrency. You can loss all your money in one day if not be properly done. It advisable not use all your money to trade forex.

Forex trading is highly volatile compare to cryptocurrency. You can loss all your money in one day if not be properly done. It advisable not use all your money to trade forex.
In my opinion i think that the risk is much higher when it comes to cryptocurrency especially if you look at how the price of these coins has risen and fallen in such a short period of time. Take dogecoin for an example.

In my opinion i think that the risk is much higher when it comes to cryptocurrency especially if you look at how the price of these coins has risen and fallen in such a short period of time. Take dogecoin for an example.
You right the best thing is not to put all eggs in one basket. It will better to split it and also explore other means of investment outside forex trading and cryptocurrency.

This is something that I wanted to know about, because I have learned about forex in the past but didn't finish learning then I started crypto and I can't seem to figure which one is more volatile. Thanks for the information.

Volatility is something that we all look for in the market in order to be able to try and benefit from the trades that we make and in order to increase our profit in a shorter period of time. However, if you are new to trading it is generally said that you should look at forex trading first before crypto because the risk is smaller due to a lower volatility. This is because the volatility that you see in forex is generally around 1% change within a day, whereas in crypto it can be much larger with Bitcoin volatility generally being between 5% and 15% daily.

This means a lot more time needs to be spent monitoring the market and you have to be sure of your trades and have patience. Do you agree with forex trading being less volatile and being a good starting point?
I have trade both pairs and I beg to differ,we can't compare forex Volatility which is always reacting with the time zone market change to cryptocurrency that can't be defined.

As per the advice that I have read and heard from some traders you have to be observant particularly of the trend. Maybe I can agree that forex has a much lower risk than trading in crypto but mainly because I have little knowledge in crypto trading. To be frank, you can get rich in trading whether forex, stocks or even crypto currency. But you can only get rich if you get lucky with your connections who can give you tips and insider information.

Volatility and Liquidity
Crypto is a smaller market than forex, so smaller amounts of money can move crypto more substantially than forex. ... That same $256 billion represents a change of about 4% in the forex market. As a result, the crypto market is much more volatile than the forex market

I agree with you because the thing about cryptocurrency is that there are various ecosystems with different market capitalization; unlike forex that the capitalization is one and it's controlled as well.

In my opinion the crypto market is extremely unpredictable. The price may be going up one day and may fall considerably the next. And whilst there are many coins that are tied to the value of Bitcoin and generally rise and fall with the coin, there are many crypto that do not emulate this as well. Just as an example, if we look at the value of Bitcoin the price has gone down in the last 24 hours, but coins like DAI and USDC have increased in value. So whilst you are right in there are many coins that do follow that trend, there are also many moer that do not which can make it unpredictable. This is just my opinion. :)
It's also what makes the market so attractive to people. I do agree with your view, especially for someone who's willing to spend a fortune to make trading a source of revenue.

It's also what makes the market so attractive to people. I do agree with your view, especially for someone who's willing to spend a fortune to make trading a source of revenue.
Trading can be very risky though and i think that if people are trying to make this their main source of income then i can be very hard for them because there is no set certainty about your income every month.

They both have high volatility and this is because they are influenced by the level of amount of trades Carried out on a particular currency or coin. But forex seems to be more Stable though because the government of every state tries to maintain a good currency value to remain in the international market.
This is a very true comment. For those who are still very conversant with cryptocurrency, you would have noticed that it has so much more volatile fluctuations than what is obtainable in forex market
Cryptocurrency will definitely be more volatile. It has so many fundamental influence than forex, the forex market represents a country's currency Value And they are mostly likely to be stable.

Last edited:
As per the advice that I have read and heard from some traders you have to be observant particularly of the trend. Maybe I can agree that forex has a much lower risk than trading in crypto but mainly because I have little knowledge in crypto trading. To be frank, you can get rich in trading whether forex, stocks or even crypto currency. But you can only get rich if you get lucky with your connections who can give you tips and insider information.

In terms of volatility cryptocurrency is much more higher than forex. Currently the price of all cryptocurrency has dropped by almost 80% which is a clear indication of its high volatility.

Despite the low volatility and high chances of manipulation in forex, I love Trading forex.
I just naturally find it easy analysis forex than crypto.
This might not be your case, it's fine.
Just find what works for you and follow suit

Personally I think that forex is much more volatile than cryptocurrency and presents a higher possibility of losing money. In As much as people could be making money with the forex market , but it is not an easy thing.

Crypto trading is one of those business which do bring us success and good profit if you trade well but I dont know why am seating back watching this business ,I trade forex everyday and I know that forex is more beneficial to me than crypto

That's not true, the forex market is having volume more than the cryptocurrency market like it or not, remember the forex market is the biggest financial market in the whole world, what you just said doesn't really makes any good sense to me.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back